Solar Bankruptcy hits India!

Hence dollar for dollar, Solar provides nothing. Solar can not heat my water for a midnight bath, in actuality Solar prevents me from having hot baths except at Noon, when I am not home.

Really? Do you think your water heater is only on when you turn on the tap?

Homes do not need Solar, we work during the day, when the sun shines. We need our TV and Hot Showers at Night.

There are plenty of homes that receive solar gain and have for centuries. Modern passive solar homes can easily provide most of their heat from the sun. You don't know anything about storage systems, really?

Solar is always sold as, providing the electricity for thousands of homes, never for Industry. Yet Industry is what gives us jobs, goods, our life, food.

Complete nonsense.

I am now told I have to have a 20 year loan for Solar, I literally have to finance my future Electric use now, to Solar, regardless if there are better, cheaper, technologies here today, or discovered tomorrow.

Yeah, got plans for a basement nuclear reactor?

Solar fails on its own merit, on its own weakness.

Not hardly, but you certainly do . Got any more stupid claims?

The list is like a battlefield, in ways that those who advocate for Solar are incapable of imagining (intellectually), Solar Companies going Bankrupt is effecting India as well as the entire World. It is a sad fact that those who promote Green Energy do so based on personal feelings while having ZERO TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE to do simple Google searches, to understand the basics of what a Solar Power System is.

Many parts of the Solar Power System are failing, and the Companies that manufactured said components have gone bankrupt and thus, do not exist to honor the warranties.

It "works", its "green", is a lie, by government and advocates alike.

The response is obvious, Companies begging the U.S. Government for bailouts! The Green Energy industry is, "Too Big to Fail!".

Ouch, that hurts, 100's of billions to save the industry?

Bankrupt Solar companies are cannot supply replacement parts nor honor their warranties.

This is a major problem in India, most likely already a problem here.

india solar warranties Search Results BRIDGE TO INDIA

Indian projects face a high risk of losing module warranties: Abound Solar bankruptcy Mr. Jasmeet Khurana covers projects and financing as a consultant in the Market Intelligence team at BRIDGE TO INDIA. The bankruptcy announcement by Abound Solar has highlighted the risk of projects losing their module warranties as module manufacturers across the world fail. Two projects in India are using Abound Solar modules and they will have to face the liability if the technology does not perform as expected till the year 2036. As more manufacturers are expected to fail, a large number of projects in India may find themselves without warranties. Abound Solar has decided to file bankruptcy and has blamed aggressive pricing actions from Chinese solar panel companies for its failure As there is no track record for new technologies like CdTe, company accruals for warrantee claims on modules are based on guessing the cost of repair and replacement in 25 years The continuously falling costs of c-Si puts the pressure on the financial health of thin film manufacturers and may cause some more to fail Failing companies will leave projects with warranties that will not be honored in the fu

CdTe.jpg
I'm sorry.
If I read your excerpt properly, there are manufacturers that are producing substandard products and then going out of business meaning that the liability for the poor quality items falls on the installers.
I don't understand how this proves that solar doesn't work.
Isn't this just a commercial matter?
You mean a manufacturing issue?

I would say it is more of a Political issue. It is politicians and government that created the Solar Industry in its current form. A rush to government dollars, a literal race to receive billions and billions. That creates the problem.

There are Manufacturers that have gone bankrupt, that is a problem as the components they sold fail. The government of India is more than concerned. I will most likely search for some more articles to see the depth of the problem, like if the government of india has recourse through world trade courts.

Do poor quality Solar PV modules or components equal Solar has failed, not at all, that would be a poor argument.

Solar has failed for many reasons. The biggest is simply cost, nobody knows the true price tag, but what is known had we invested as much in Nuclear Energy is such a short period, we would be paying pennies for electricity. Dollar for Dollar, Solar is waiting for not only the sunrise, but High Noon. At that Solar is waiting for perfect days, nothing less. Hence dollar for dollar, Solar provides nothing. Solar can not heat my water for a midnight bath, in actuality Solar prevents me from having hot baths except at Noon, when I am not home.

Homes do not need Solar, we work during the day, when the sun shines. We need our TV and Hot Showers at Night.

Solar is always sold as, providing the electricity for thousands of homes, never for Industry. Yet Industry is what gives us jobs, goods, our life, food.

I am now told I have to have a 20 year loan for Solar, I literally have to finance my future Electric use now, to Solar, regardless if there are better, cheaper, technologies here today, or discovered tomorrow.

I'm not an expert on alternative energies like you but I do know that you don't rely on one source of energy...just like today with our mix of hydro, nuclear, coal, gas etc.
When the sun is shining and PVs are at there generatingest then less storage is being used from the hydro lakes which can be used when the sun has gone away.
Wind generation can supplement PV and can generate at night.
PV can supplement wind generation on calm days.
Having generating sites scattered around the country so that if the sun isn't shining in one place it might be in another.
There are other sources being developed such as tidal energy.
You're probably right that only depending on solar energy for electricity generation would be a bad idea but that isn't likely to be the end result is it?

The list is like a battlefield, in ways that those who advocate for Solar are incapable of imagining (intellectually), Solar Companies going Bankrupt is effecting India as well as the entire World. It is a sad fact that those who promote Green Energy do so based on personal feelings while having ZERO TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE to do simple Google searches, to understand the basics of what a Solar Power System is.

Many parts of the Solar Power System are failing, and the Companies that manufactured said components have gone bankrupt and thus, do not exist to honor the warranties.

It "works", its "green", is a lie, by government and advocates alike.

The response is obvious, Companies begging the U.S. Government for bailouts! The Green Energy industry is, "Too Big to Fail!".

Ouch, that hurts, 100's of billions to save the industry?

Bankrupt Solar companies cannot supply replacement parts nor honor their warranties.

This is a major problem in India, most likely already a problem here.

india solar warranties Search Results BRIDGE TO INDIA

Indian projects face a high risk of losing module warranties: Abound Solar bankruptcy Mr. Jasmeet Khurana covers projects and financing as a consultant in the Market Intelligence team at BRIDGE TO INDIA. The bankruptcy announcement by Abound Solar has highlighted the risk of projects losing their module warranties as module manufacturers across the world fail. Two projects in India are using Abound Solar modules and they will have to face the liability if the technology does not perform as expected till the year 2036. As more manufacturers are expected to fail, a large number of projects in India may find themselves without warranties. Abound Solar has decided to file bankruptcy and has blamed aggressive pricing actions from Chinese solar panel companies for its failure As there is no track record for new technologies like CdTe, company accruals for warrantee claims on modules are based on guessing the cost of repair and replacement in 25 years The continuously falling costs of c-Si puts the pressure on the financial health of thin film manufacturers and may cause some more to fail Failing companies will leave projects with warranties that will not be honored in the fu

CdTe.jpg
I'm sorry.
If I read your excerpt properly, there are manufacturers that are producing substandard products and then going out of business meaning that the liability for the poor quality items falls on the installers.
I don't understand how this proves that solar doesn't work.
Isn't this just a commercial matter?
You mean a manufacturing issue?

I would say it is more of a Political issue. It is politicians and government that created the Solar Industry in its current form. A rush to government dollars, a literal race to receive billions and billions. That creates the problem.

There are Manufacturers that have gone bankrupt, that is a problem as the components they sold fail. The government of India is more than concerned. I will most likely search for some more articles to see the depth of the problem, like if the government of india has recourse through world trade courts.

Do poor quality Solar PV modules or components equal Solar has failed, not at all, that would be a poor argument.

Solar has failed for many reasons. The biggest is simply cost, nobody knows the true price tag, but what is known had we invested as much in Nuclear Energy is such a short period, we would be paying pennies for electricity. Dollar for Dollar, Solar is waiting for not only the sunrise, but High Noon. At that Solar is waiting for perfect days, nothing less. Hence dollar for dollar, Solar provides nothing. Solar can not heat my water for a midnight bath, in actuality Solar prevents me from having hot baths except at Noon, when I am not home.

I'm not an expert on alternative energies like you but I do know that you don't rely on one source of energy...just like today with our mix of hydro, nuclear, coal, gas etc.
When the sun is shining and PVs are at there generatingest then less storage is being used from the hydro lakes which can be used when the sun has gone away.
Wind generation can supplement PV and can generate at night.
PV can supplement wind generation on calm days.
Having generating sites scattered around the country so that if the sun isn't shining in one place it might be in another.
There are other sources being developed such as tidal energy.
You're probably right that only depending on solar energy for electricity generation would be a bad idea but that isn't likely to be the end result is it?
I never said, only solar.

Depending on a mix of energy sources that require massive subsidies, grants, billions of dollars, as well as the world's largest amount of raw materials while providing a minuscule amount of electricity is a bad idea, period.

Your post is philosophical, not technical reality.

Forum List

Back