Social Security is ours not Congress

Sure, right wing morons, lets give social security funds to Wall Street gamblers and see what could possibly go wrong.

Picture yourself as a 90 year old in a nursing home getting a letter from some WS bank stating, "sorry, we gambled and lost your money......have a nice time out on the street."

Here is one looming fact that all of us I think can agree on. No one on this forum is knowledgeable enough to debate this on the merits one way or the other.
And we can all agree that Missourian has no idea of what is being discussed.

One, SS is not an entitlement.

Two, it is an old age insurance program into which we all pay.

Three, it is our money.

Ok genius, how does it work. I put money in the bank, the bank loans it out, they get interest, they pay me a portion of that interest for allowing them to use my money. Very simple explanation of how my money grows into enough for retirement.

You understand that that little bit of money you pay in isn't the amount paid back to you right? It is much more than what you paid in.

So, oh enlightened one...what is the mechanism that produces the increase?
And what happens when the growth evaporates as it always does during recession. You do understand that, do you not?

BUZZER!!!!! Sorry, wrong answer. Thought you were an expert? What the fuck happened?

Let's try it again.

You understand that that little bit of money you pay into Social Security isn't the amount paid back to you right? It is much more than what you paid in.

So, oh enlightened one...what is the mechanism that produces the increase?

You may at any time opt to ignore this question and concede that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
You understand that the first three years in which you receive SS, you will have received more including inflation then you put in.

bucky and easyt the rest are right there with you.

I love this.

What a bunch of far right and libertarian fools.

You must be thrilled knowing that Trump is committed to SS, medicare, and medicaid.

gipper has promised to stop posting because he admitted he failed.

The far right crazies here do not understand investment.

How sad. How fortunate their SS will never be changed from the program that it is now.

BUZZER!!!! Sorry, wrong anwser. The government doesn't "invest" your money. They PURCHASE the money into the general fund in the form of T-bills, then sell the T-bills to investo pay them back plus interest FROM the general fund when those T-bills mature.

Now I'm no expert, which I was the first to admit, and maybe this is oversimplified, ...but how can that possibly be sustainable?

P.S. - You should quit while you're behind. I think you've more than proven that you have no idea what you're talking about. How can we discuss a topic that none of us truly understands? Which was my original point, that you unwisely mocked.

Social Security is ours not Congress

Last edited:
I love this.

You must be thrilled knowing that Trump is committed to SS, medicare, and medicaid.

Explain the difference, Jake:

Welfare:

$$$ : Taxpayer >> general fund >> Jake

Social Security:

Since the source and the sink and the flow of the money are identical, how can one be different than the other?

Note in neither case are you anything but the receiver of your welfare check, you paid nothing towards it

I never said the government "invested" money, Missourian.. Those are your words.

You need to stop drinking, Missourian, and be honest. :lol:

Kaz, you still get an allowance and would not understand any explanation.

I love this.

The last thing the Rs should do is cut SS. They should make changes that affect younger workers not current receipents or those close to retirement age, which is likely what they intend but propagandists like you will fuck it up.

The far right crazies here do not understand investment.

How sad. How fortunate their SS will never be changed from the program that it is now.

BUZZER!!!! Sorry, wrong anwser. The government doesn't "invest" your money. They PURCHASE the money into the general fund in the form of T-bills, and pay interest FROM the general fund as interest on those T-bills when they mature. Now, how can that possibly be sustainable?

P.S. - You should quit while you're behind.

Or to put it another way, they spent it as it came in and saved nothing ever. Jake's social security check is just taken from today's taxpayers just like the money from every other welfare program

I never said the government "invested" money, Missourian.. Those are your words.

You need to stop drinking, Missourian, and be honest. :lol:

Kaz, you still get an allowance and would not understand any explanation.

You didn't explain anything.

Your welfare check comes from today's taxpayers, just like every other welfare check.

So how can one be welfare and the other not?

kaz has shown he does not understand economics, financial instruments, and how money is used to grow money.

I love this.

Welfare:

Social Security:

Since the source and the sink and the flow of the money are identical, how can one be different than the other?

Note in neither case are you anything but the receiver of your welfare check, you paid nothing towards it

Paid nothing? I paid into that for over 47 years, 15 percent of my paycheck. So does everyone else.

kaz has shown he does not understand economics, financial instruments, and how money is used to grow money.

They spend the money as it comes in, Jake. It was never saved.

Explain how a trust fund with no assets can provide you a social security check, Jake. The money you were taxed was spent as it came in like any other tax.

Again focus on your social security check itself. Not a dime of the money actually in that check can be traced back to you. It's exactly like every other welfare check

I love this.

Welfare:

Social Security:

Paid nothing? I paid into that for over 47 years, 15 percent of my paycheck. So does everyone else.

If you are retired:

- The money you paid was spent as it came in. Nothing was saved. So no, the taxes you paid had nothing to do with the check you are receiving. If you paid taxes for defense in the 70s, does that mean you're paying for defense today? Of course not, it was taxed and spent

- If you are not retired, the money you are paying is being spent today. Just like the taxes you pay for defense. They are saving none of it. Do something about that so you're not just a future welfare recipient like Jake is today

I was specific, I didn't say Jake didn't pay social security taxes, I said he paid nothing that is in his check today. It's undeniably true

I love this.

Welfare:

Social Security:

If you are retired:

- The money you paid was spent as it came in. Nothing was saved. So no, the taxes you paid had nothing to do with the check you are receiving. If you paid taxes for defense in the 70s, does that mean you're paying for defense today? Of course not, it was taxed and spent

- If you are not retired, the money you are paying is being spent today. Just like the taxes you pay for defense. They are saving none of it.

I was specific, I didn't say Jake didn't pay social security taxes, I said he paid nothing that is in his check today. It's undeniably true
LIsten, I never stated that it had anything to do with the check I receive, I only stated that unlike welfare, we paid into it! I paid over 110,000 dollars.

You guys ^^^ clearly have problems that your beliefs and definitions are not accepted at Treasury or Congress.

Sucks to be you.

Clearly? You don't know jack shit about peoples beliefs.

Sure, right wing morons, lets give social security funds to Wall Street gamblers and see what could possibly go wrong.

Picture yourself as a 90 year old in a nursing home getting a letter from some WS bank stating, "sorry, we gambled and lost your money......have a nice time out on the street."
I think about this often. The rubes on the forum fall for every hoax as fast as their propaganda mills can print them. I can only imagine the scams to which they would quickly fall prey if they took out all their SS money and tried to invest for themselves.

"I own shares in a bridge and some waterfront property! Woo hoo!"

"Oh, yeah? Check out this stack of commemorative gold plated coins I got!"

I love this.

Welfare:

Social Security:

If you are retired:

- If you are not retired, the money you are paying is being spent today. Just like the taxes you pay for defense. They are saving none of it.

LIsten, I never stated that it had anything to do with the check I receive, I only stated that unlike welfare, we paid into it! I paid over 110,000 dollars.

I'm sure you did. Do you understand the money is gone? I'm not making a moral argument, I'm pointing out a financial fact. If you're getting social security, 100% of the money in your check is being taken from your children, 0% is being paid from the $110K you paid. Just like any other welfare program. Do you understand that?

How much did you spend on defense? Are you expecting something back for that? It was a tax, they spent it, it's gone. Just like the social security money. There is no defense trust fund, just like there is no social security trust fund. Why? There is no money ...

Forum List

Back