So, where do Republicans stand today?

This liberal has not missed picking who the ultimate Republican candidate would be since Goldwater. I do much better than conservatives

Your delusion as to why Rand Paul has a credible chance proves my point. 1% polling constitutes life support. Remember Trump calling him out as not belonging on the stage?

Book mark this thread and we will see who is right next summer

I remember Carly at 1% and Newt at 1% and Santorum at 1% and Cain at 1% and so on and so on and so on.

I don't quite understand how you sell your bullshit as logical. Based on last election plenty of people were 30+ % at some point only to fall and some other 1%er (or less LOL) replace them with 30% + in polly for a short time.

You might have picked the nomonie but you always pick a looser in the GE. And that is the issue, it's not hard to see Jeb doing well, he has a name... But no one wants him, much like Hillary.

You have been wrong about so many things RW there is no point in pretending you could be taken seriously. Hell, even Rand was 20+ plus in polling not long ago, supplying that you are completely full of shit. What if we based who should be allowed to enter debates back then? What if we based who will win the nomination back then?

So it matters not today who is doing better as there is a LOOOOOONG ways to go and literally over the course of one debate someone can jump to first or second in polly for dead last.

If I were you (and thank gawd i'm not) I'd be worried about the clown car the Dems are doing their best to hide. You're #1 forced candidate looses ground every single week.

I always correctly pick the Republican nominee years in advance. Not because I am a great political mind, but because Republicans are so predictable. They are conservative for a reason, they take the safest pick

Dems I have a harder time. I never saw Carter, Dukakis, Clinton or Obama coming

General elections I generally do fairly well but missed on Gore and Kerry

As I said, picking a nomination is easy, the media controls that with who they give all the time to. It's not like Mitt winning the nomination was hard for anyone to see, it's just no one wanted him except the media, because the media is generally liberal and they want liberal candidates to win.

The media will cling to the most liberal Republican candidates and only destroy them after they win the nomination. Mitt or McCain could have run as fucking Democrats and Dems would have loved them.

The media hates Trump because the media wants Jeb... The media will go light on Jeb and do everything they can to help Trump make an ass of himself.

This is pretty basic stuff. What Dems fear is someone like Rand, someone that is not talking about God every chance they get, someone that is not talking about war every chance they get... YOU are scared that Rand would win the GE and so you will do your best to generalize him as a looser asap.

He will do well, he might not win, but he will be very competitive as the loud mouth Trump makes his exit, Carson softly washes away and jeb puts the base to sleep.

The media follows the leader

Unfortunately for most arch conservative candidates, they do not do well in the spotlight. Once the cameras are rolling and they have to start doing unscripted interviews the stupid starts to stream out...it is then that the media pounces and Conservatives blame the media for reporting what they say

Nobody fears Rand because Rand is kind of geeky and can't get the attention his daddy got

Wow. Conservatives are stupid?

LOL. And you really believe this crap?

Do you also believe that as a liberal you have a more open mind?
Yes they are....and stubborn too

That is why they can't get the GOP nomination

Walker is out, Perry is out
Jindal, Santorum, Huckabee, Graham. Paul are on life support

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Fiorina is the flavor of the week as she looks feisty and articulate
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims
Bush has the name and political machine but is awkward in debates
Rubio looks well read and articulate, one of the only Republicans with passion
Christie is feisty and argumentative but has no real platform
Kasich is the mature, calm middle of the road solution
Cruz has staked out the far right....creepy as ever

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President
Fiorina will lose her luster but can run as VP
Carson will drop after the early primaries
Christie and Kasich are too moderate
Cruz will lose votes to Trump and drop out early

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

VP could be Fiorina (women) or Kasich (Ohio, maturity)
I was reading this:

Republican potentates can’t fight back against him because the party’s base has his back. He’s ensnared the GOP Establishment in a classic Catch-22: It wants Trump voters — it can’t win elections without them — but doesn’t want Trump calling attention to what those voters actually believe.

Donald Trump Is Saving Our Democracy

It's sort of a meandering piece, but a central point is all the gop establishment handwringing over Trump should be absurd, because Trump himself is absurd. He's more like The Magic Christian or Bullworth or even Network's Howard Beale. He's mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore.

The gop calls Trump a fake republican .... well, he's certainly telling the gop faithful what they want to hear: birthright citizenship ... gonna get rid of that! (how?) Obama's a muslim and not an American (Well, most republicans AGREE!) He takes on Megyn and her menstrual cycle ... (well Rubio and Walker want to ban abortion for rape victims and women who might die ... and we haven't even gotten to the gop on the morning after pill).

In fact, the ONLY issue Trump is out of lockstep with the gop is on taxes and hedge fund managers. And therein lies the question that continually comes up, why do lower middle class whites vote for plutocrats? The answer is obvious: as bad as the plutocrats are, they aren't giving the blacks, latinos, Asians all our stuff. OMG, Trump's a plutocrat telling the faithful what they WANT TO HEAR!

Meanwhile, we have Hillary dragging the server like the proverbial dead cat tied to her neck.

I find it amusing that Trump wants to raise taxes on hedge fund managers but not real estate tycoons

Hedge fund managers avoid paying income tax off what they mostly make, they pay capital gains tax. What's your reason for raising taxes on real estate tycoons?
Real Estate tycoons aren't hiding income as capital gains either?

All capital gains should be taxed as earned income

Last edited:
Walker is out, Perry is out
Jindal, Santorum, Huckabee, Graham. Paul are on life support

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Fiorina is the flavor of the week as she looks feisty and articulate
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims
Bush has the name and political machine but is awkward in debates
Rubio looks well read and articulate, one of the only Republicans with passion
Christie is feisty and argumentative but has no real platform
Kasich is the mature, calm middle of the road solution
Cruz has staked out the far right....creepy as ever

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President
Fiorina will lose her luster but can run as VP
Carson will drop after the early primaries
Christie and Kasich are too moderate
Cruz will lose votes to Trump and drop out early

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

VP could be Fiorina (women) or Kasich (Ohio, maturity)
I was reading this:

Republican potentates can’t fight back against him because the party’s base has his back. He’s ensnared the GOP Establishment in a classic Catch-22: It wants Trump voters — it can’t win elections without them — but doesn’t want Trump calling attention to what those voters actually believe.

Donald Trump Is Saving Our Democracy

It's sort of a meandering piece, but a central point is all the gop establishment handwringing over Trump should be absurd, because Trump himself is absurd. He's more like The Magic Christian or Bullworth or even Network's Howard Beale. He's mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore.

The gop calls Trump a fake republican .... well, he's certainly telling the gop faithful what they want to hear: birthright citizenship ... gonna get rid of that! (how?) Obama's a muslim and not an American (Well, most republicans AGREE!) He takes on Megyn and her menstrual cycle ... (well Rubio and Walker want to ban abortion for rape victims and women who might die ... and we haven't even gotten to the gop on the morning after pill).

In fact, the ONLY issue Trump is out of lockstep with the gop is on taxes and hedge fund managers. And therein lies the question that continually comes up, why do lower middle class whites vote for plutocrats? The answer is obvious: as bad as the plutocrats are, they aren't giving the blacks, latinos, Asians all our stuff. OMG, Trump's a plutocrat telling the faithful what they WANT TO HEAR!

Meanwhile, we have Hillary dragging the server like the proverbial dead cat tied to her neck.

I find it amusing that Trump wants to raise taxes on hedge fund managers but not real estate tycoons

Hedge fund managers avoid paying income tax off what they mostly make, they pay capital gains tax. What's your reason for raising taxes on real estate tycoons?
Real Estate tycoons aren't hiding income as capital gains either?

All capital gains should be taxed as earned income

No they're not.
Real Estate tycoons are actually investing their own money, hedge fund managers aren't.

So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?

So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?

Only Capital GAINS are taxed....not the original principle

Treat it like any other income

Oh God, It's the cap gains as double taxation again!

I just wanted to know what his position was. If you just tax capital gains as income it's a horrible idea. Investment is what fuels this country. Capital gains should be lower, not higher. In relation to hedge fun managers, I do agree they get away without paying income taxes. Real Estate tycoons is a different story, they invest.

I just wanted to know what his position was. If you just tax capital gains as income it's a horrible idea. Investment is what fuels this country. Capital gains should be lower, not higher. In relation to hedge fun managers, I do agree they get away without paying income taxes. Real Estate tycoons is a different story, they invest.

No it is LABOR that fuels the country

They should not pay a higher rate than somebody moving money from point A to point B

They should not pay a higher rate than somebody moving money from point A to point B

lmao it's all about capital investment. Without capital labor has no reason to do what it does. You could have a town full of people that are eager to work, but if there's no one to employ them what get's done? The answer is nothing. Labor doesn't exist without capital investment.

The capital gains get taxed one time as capital gains tax. Then you want to add the capital gains (which has already been taxed once) to income, to be taxed again.

Ah, now but that's naht what ye said. Ye said capital gains wehre dooble taxation.

"So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?"

lmao it's all about capital investment. Without capital labor has no reason to do what it does. You could have a town full of people that are eager to work, but if there's no one to employ them what get's done? The answer is nothing. Labor doesn't exist without capital investment.

Total bullshit

Labor creates wealth......capital investment exploits it

The capital gains get taxed one time as capital gains tax. Then you want to add the capital gains (which has already been taxed once) to income, to be taxed again.
Not what I said
Is said it should be taxed at the same rate as from someone who actually worked for it

So if you're a real estate investor, you get to risk all your capital on an investment and you

Ah, now but that's naht what ye said. Ye said capital gains wehre dooble taxation.

"So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?"

holy shit...you can see I asked the question. I can see from him not responding he probably wants the capital gains to be double taxed.

Not what I said
Is said it should be taxed at the same rate as from someone who actually worked for it

That's not fair. You have investors that can lose their whole principle and you have people that aren't risking anything, who are getting a salary.

Total bullshit

Labor creates wealth......capital investment exploits it

Holly crap! Where did you learn that? You know that's what a Marxist would say, right?

Not what I said

Right, I asked you to clarify and you never did....but in any case your idea is a joke..the economic engine that makes this country go is investment. Even democraps admit that - they just want the government to be the ones investing, whereas conservatives have belief in the private sector.

Not what I said

That's not fair. You have investors that can lose their whole principle and you have people that aren't risking anything, who are getting a salary.

You are winning some and losing some
At the end of the year you are only taxed on your net profits

If you continually lose......you are in the wrong line of business

Forum List

Back