So, where do Republicans stand today?

I think you are all wrong! The GOP Presidential nominee is going to be.........Ted Cruz.

Why?

Because he is most Trump like, and when Trump stumbles because of his words, he will fill the void. The support he has is from people who would normally vote for Trump, and vice-versa. This is exactly why he does not attack Trump. All he is doing is biding his time, and Trump is taking all the arrows that were actually quivered for him. He has a big political warchest, and can ride it out until debate 5, 6, and 7.

Everybody/anybody who follows politics of the GOP flavor know that if Trump drops, his supporters will NEVER go to Bush, Fiorina, Kasich,or Paul. Christie will already be gone, and that leaves only Cruz, Rubio, and Carson who will pick up those supporters. Since Rubio WAS for the "gang" bill on immigration, he isn't getting but 4 to 7% of those supporters. And so, that leaves Carson and Cruz left for those supporters that remain. I believe the lionshare goes to Cruz, and it ends up being Cruz versus Bush the rest of the way out, with Cruz winning.

Walker is out, Perry is out
Jindal, Santorum, Huckabee, Graham. Paul are on life support

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Fiorina is the flavor of the week as she looks feisty and articulate
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims
Bush has the name and political machine but is awkward in debates
Rubio looks well read and articulate, one of the only Republicans with passion
Christie is feisty and argumentative but has no real platform
Kasich is the mature, calm middle of the road solution
Cruz has staked out the far right....creepy as ever

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President
Fiorina will lose her luster but can run as VP
Carson will drop after the early primaries
Christie and Kasich are too moderate
Cruz will lose votes to Trump and drop out early

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

VP could be Fiorina (women) or Kasich (Ohio, maturity)
What is it with you and Bush? You give reasons that no rational person would vote for him on one hand, and yet you insist he will be the nominee. I know that you think Republicans are stupid, but this is like single digit iqs. Give us some credit!

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

What is it with you and Bush? You give reasons that no rational person would vote for him on one hand, and yet you insist he will be the nominee. I know that you think Republicans are stupid, but this is like single digit iqs. Give us some credit!

Where did I say that no rational person would vote for Bush? I said he is the lowest risk candidate and will probably get the nomination

I gave Republicans alot of credit in the OP. Enough credit not to vote for candidates like Trump or Carson

Last edited:
I really think that giving it time is the best bet, liberals predicting Republicans has never been even remotely accurate.

Again, I'm not pushing Rand Paul but he represents a large segment of the Rep party that none of the other candidates even try for, he also has a large influence on independents and even many Democrats. To call Rand out on "life support" is pretty preemptive.

Like we have seen with so many candidates Rand will more than likely get his round in the spot light and we will see if he is more pallet-able and has stay-ability.

Most candidates are not palatable to the masses, thus they talk, says some moronic shit and the media clings to them for ratings. Trump is one of these people, Herman Cain was one of these people as was Newt, Cruz, Huck and a few others.

I really see this coming down to Carly, Rubio and Rand with Jeb as the candidate no one wants but the media keeps telling us has the only chance.

No matter what the outcome I'll prolly vote for Gary Johnson for the Libertarian party... So again, I'm not pushing Paul but he is by far the most palatable on stage unless God and hate for Obama is all you need... 2 things Rand almost never talks about.

Also, I base this on the fact that just a few weeks ago Carly was on "life support." It's simply moronic to pretend you can see the future when these candidates have a few min talking time during the debates VS others that take up almost the whole debate. Next Debate will have Jeb/Carly and Trump next to each other.

This liberal has not missed picking who the ultimate Republican candidate would be since Goldwater. I do much better than conservatives

Your delusion as to why Rand Paul has a credible chance proves my point. 1% polling constitutes life support. Remember Trump calling him out as not belonging on the stage?

Book mark this thread and we will see who is right next summer

I remember Carly at 1% and Newt at 1% and Santorum at 1% and Cain at 1% and so on and so on and so on.

I don't quite understand how you sell your bullshit as logical. Based on last election plenty of people were 30+ % at some point only to fall and some other 1%er (or less LOL) replace them with 30% + in polly for a short time.

You might have picked the nomonie but you always pick a looser in the GE. And that is the issue, it's not hard to see Jeb doing well, he has a name... But no one wants him, much like Hillary.

You have been wrong about so many things RW there is no point in pretending you could be taken seriously. Hell, even Rand was 20+ plus in polling not long ago, supplying that you are completely full of shit. What if we based who should be allowed to enter debates back then? What if we based who will win the nomination back then?

So it matters not today who is doing better as there is a LOOOOOONG ways to go and literally over the course of one debate someone can jump to first or second in polly for dead last.

If I were you (and thank gawd i'm not) I'd be worried about the clown car the Dems are doing their best to hide. You're #1 forced candidate looses ground every single week.

I think you are all wrong! The GOP Presidential nominee is going to be.........Ted Cruz.

Why?

Because he is most Trump like, and when Trump stumbles because of his words, he will fill the void. The support he has is from people who would normally vote for Trump, and vice-versa. This is exactly why he does not attack Trump. All he is doing is biding his time, and Trump is taking all the arrows that were actually quivered for him. He has a big political warchest, and can ride it out until debate 5, 6, and 7.

Everybody/anybody who follows politics of the GOP flavor know that if Trump drops, his supporters will NEVER go to Bush, Fiorina, Kasich,or Paul. Christie will already be gone, and that leaves only Cruz, Rubio, and Carson who will pick up those supporters. Since Rubio WAS for the "gang" bill on immigration, he isn't getting but 4 to 7% of those supporters. And so, that leaves Carson and Cruz left for those supporters that remain. I believe the lionshare goes to Cruz, and it ends up being Cruz versus Bush the rest of the way out, with Cruz winning.

Cruz is less likeable than Trump

Where did I say that no rational person would vote for Bush? I said he is the lowest risk candidate and will probably get the nomination

You pray he gets the nomination so Hillary does not have the albatross of being the only "old presidential name" on stage. She has enough issues as it is.

I really think that giving it time is the best bet, liberals predicting Republicans has never been even remotely accurate.

Again, I'm not pushing Rand Paul but he represents a large segment of the Rep party that none of the other candidates even try for, he also has a large influence on independents and even many Democrats. To call Rand out on "life support" is pretty preemptive.

Like we have seen with so many candidates Rand will more than likely get his round in the spot light and we will see if he is more pallet-able and has stay-ability.

Most candidates are not palatable to the masses, thus they talk, says some moronic shit and the media clings to them for ratings. Trump is one of these people, Herman Cain was one of these people as was Newt, Cruz, Huck and a few others.

I really see this coming down to Carly, Rubio and Rand with Jeb as the candidate no one wants but the media keeps telling us has the only chance.

No matter what the outcome I'll prolly vote for Gary Johnson for the Libertarian party... So again, I'm not pushing Paul but he is by far the most palatable on stage unless God and hate for Obama is all you need... 2 things Rand almost never talks about.

Also, I base this on the fact that just a few weeks ago Carly was on "life support." It's simply moronic to pretend you can see the future when these candidates have a few min talking time during the debates VS others that take up almost the whole debate. Next Debate will have Jeb/Carly and Trump next to each other.

This liberal has not missed picking who the ultimate Republican candidate would be since Goldwater. I do much better than conservatives

Your delusion as to why Rand Paul has a credible chance proves my point. 1% polling constitutes life support. Remember Trump calling him out as not belonging on the stage?

I remember Carly at 1% and Newt at 1% and Santorum at 1% and Cain at 1% and so on and so on and so on.

I don't quite understand how you sell your bullshit as logical. Based on last election plenty of people were 30+ % at some point only to fall and some other 1%er (or less LOL) replace them with 30% + in polly for a short time.

You might have picked the nomonie but you always pick a looser in the GE. And that is the issue, it's not hard to see Jeb doing well, he has a name... But no one wants him, much like Hillary.

You have been wrong about so many things RW there is no point in pretending you could be taken seriously. Hell, even Rand was 20+ plus in polling not long ago, supplying that you are completely full of shit. What if we based who should be allowed to enter debates back then? What if we based who will win the nomination back then?

So it matters not today who is doing better as there is a LOOOOOONG ways to go and literally over the course of one debate someone can jump to first or second in polly for dead last.

If I were you (and thank gawd i'm not) I'd be worried about the clown car the Dems are doing their best to hide. You're #1 forced candidate looses ground every single week.

I always correctly pick the Republican nominee years in advance. Not because I am a great political mind, but because Republicans are so predictable. They are conservative for a reason, they take the safest pick

Dems I have a harder time. I never saw Carter, Dukakis, Clinton or Obama coming

General elections I generally do fairly well but missed on Gore and Kerry

Here's why I believe Rand will be a top contender at some point this election.

Chris was looking to attack but in the end found himself pretty ok with what he was hearing... You don't get much more partisan than Chis M.

Why?

But he is more electable than Trump, and more likable than Hillary; and when push comes to shove, that is all that matters.........unless you are telling me that Sanders is going to beat Hillary, or that Hillary now is NOT going to win the Democratic nomination-)

Why?

But he is more electable than Trump, and more likable than Hillary; and when push comes to shove, that is all that matters.........unless you are telling me that Sanders is going to beat Hillary, or that Hillary now is NOT going to win the Democratic nomination-)

No way Cruz could win any swing state. He may even lose Georgia or South Carolina to Hillary

Hillary would take over 400 EVs against Cruz

The Dems are in trouble... Trump's message is resonating, Carson is starting to go that way too. And what does the left put out there? Clinton, a known liar with a likability rating of a dead skunk and Bernie Sanders?

:lol:

I always correctly pick the Republican nominee years in advance. Not because I am a great political mind, but because Republicans are so predictable. They are conservative for a reason, they take the safest pick

As I said, picking a nomination is easy, the media controls that with who they give all the time to. It's not like Mitt winning the nomination was hard for anyone to see, it's just no one wanted him except the media, because the media is generally liberal and they want liberal candidates to win.

The media will cling to the most liberal Republican candidates and only destroy them after they win the nomination. Mitt or McCain could have run as fucking Democrats and Dems would have loved them.

The media hates Trump because the media wants Jeb... The media will go light on Jeb and do everything they can to help Trump make an ass of himself.

This is pretty basic stuff. What Dems fear is someone like Rand, someone that is not talking about God every chance they get, someone that is not talking about war every chance they get... YOU are scared that Rand would win the GE and so you will do your best to generalize him as a looser asap.

He will do well, he might not win, but he will be very competitive as the loud mouth Trump makes his exit, Carson softly washes away and jeb puts the base to sleep.

As I said, picking a nomination is easy, the media controls that with who they give all the time to. It's not like Mitt winning the nomination was hard for anyone to see, it's just no one wanted him except the media, because the media is generally liberal and they want liberal candidates to win.

The media will cling to the most liberal Republican candidates and only destroy them after they win the nomination. Mitt or McCain could have run as fucking Democrats and Dems would have loved them.

The media hates Trump because the media wants Jeb... The media will go light on Jeb and do everything they can to help Trump make an ass of himself.

This is pretty basic stuff. What Dems fear is someone like Rand, someone that is not talking about God every chance they get, someone that is not talking about war every chance they get... YOU are scared that Rand would win the GE and so you will do your best to generalize him as a looser asap.

He will do well, he might not win, but he will be very competitive as the loud mouth Trump makes his exit, Carson softly washes away and jeb puts the base to sleep.

The media follows the leader

The media loves Trump because Trump gets ratings. It is Fox News pulling the "Oh shit we may get stuck with Trump"

Unfortunately for most arch conservative candidates, they do not do well in the spotlight. Once the cameras are rolling and they have to start doing unscripted interviews the stupid starts to stream out...it is then that the media pounces and Conservatives blame the media for reporting what they say

Nobody fears Rand because Rand is kind of geeky and can't get the attention his daddy got

Unfortunately for most arch conservative candidates, they do not do well in the spotlight. Once the cameras are rolling and they have to start doing unscripted interviews the stupid starts to stream out...it is then that the media pounces and Conservatives blame the media for reporting what they say

Nobody fears Rand because Rand is kind of geeky and can't get the attention his daddy got

Wow. Conservatives are stupid?

LOL. And you really believe this crap?

Do you also believe that as a liberal you have a more open mind?

The media loves Trump because Trump gets ratings. It is Fox News pulling the "Oh shit we may get stuck with Trump"

And CC is fat... Jeb wears glasses that nerd and Carly looks like a bitch!

You're a dumb fuk RW.

BTW, thanks for agreeing with me, the media picks who they want to win, and focusing on Trump hurts the Republican party and that is their end goal. Not that I much care, simply something that any half way intelligent person should easily see.

Shall we let loose all the jokes about how Hillary and Sanders look? I mean LOLz right!

Why?

No way Cruz could win any swing state. He may even lose Georgia or South Carolina to Hillary

Then we can agree to disagree. I think Cruz is further right than necessary, but I also think your girl is in deep, deep, trouble, so it makes no difference. In my opinion, any of the GOP candidates besides Trump, Kasich, Huckabee, and Bush will beat Hillary. I know, you disagree, and again, we can agree to disagree.

The country is not happy Mr Right. Unless you have your head in the sand, you know this, and the polls show it conclusively. All of Obamas edicts are going to be tied right around Hillarys neck, and unless you have a lot of dirt on the GOP candidate to match Hillys, it is a GOP year...........unless of course it is Bush, Trump, or Kasich.

Let me put it to you this way Mr Right...................no establishment GOP candidate is going to win the Presidency, because not only is the base not going to support them, but the independents will stay home too. The reason that I believe Trump can't win, is because he is to over the top, and it will scare away votes from the independents. But Cruz, Carson, or Fiorina? I believe that Carly is the best that Democrats and establishment republicans can hope for, because while she will win, she is closest to establishment you are going to get.

Still think it is Cruz though, and he will also win! Not because America wants a great conservative, but because he is anti Washington. That is something neither party seems to grasp!

Well, the "arch conservative" candidates aren't really saying anything Trump isn't saying. It's just that they take questions seriously like "how are you gonna finance a fence, deport 11 million, balance the budge w/o new taxes and not gut SS Medicare, defund PP over fetal tissue." Trying to answer questions like this makes them appear stupid.

Trump just blows off questions and goes on rants, and if someone interrupts them he says they have PMS or something.

Rand was a little different. He didn't have the sand to stick with his positions on WTF are we doing in Syria, let alone Iraq; WTF is the govt doing sifting through email w/o a warrant. And apparently his quasi-libertarian stance wouldn't let him signing onto, and sticking with, a tax reform that eliminates deductions for lower rates, while remaining progressive overall.

Why?

Then we can agree to disagree. I think Cruz is further right than necessary, but I also think your girl is in deep, deep, trouble, so it makes no difference. In my opinion, any of the GOP candidates besides Trump, Kasich, Huckabee, and Bush will beat Hillary. I know, you disagree, and again, we can agree to disagree.

The country is not happy Mr Right. Unless you have your head in the sand, you know this, and the polls show it conclusively. All of Obamas edicts are going to be tied right around Hillarys neck, and unless you have a lot of dirt on the GOP candidate to match Hillys, it is a GOP year...........unless of course it is Bush, Trump, or Kasich.

Let me put it to you this way Mr Right...................no establishment GOP candidate is going to win the Presidency, because not only is the base not going to support them, but the independents will stay home too. The reason that I believe Trump can't win, is because he is to over the top, and it will scare away votes from the independents. But Cruz, Carson, or Fiorina? I believe that Carly is the best that Democrats and establishment republicans can hope for, because while she will win, she is closest to establishment you are going to get.

Still think it is Cruz though, and he will also win! Not because America wants a great conservative, but because he is anti Washington. That is something neither party seems to grasp!

Wut??

You think Huck and Trump can beat a Democrat lol?

Dude, take a step back and look at their appeal, you have to go big in a GE. Calling out God is often as you can or yelling that Dems/Obama is some sort of special evil in this world will not and can not win an election.

Why?

Wut??

You think Huck and Trump can beat a Democrat lol?

Dude, take a step back and look at their appeal, you have to go big in a GE. Calling out God is often as you can or yelling that Dems/Obama is some sort of special evil in this world will not and can not win an election.

What are you talking about? You obviously did not read my previous post.

I was reading this:

Republican potentates can’t fight back against him because the party’s base has his back. He’s ensnared the GOP Establishment in a classic Catch-22: It wants Trump voters — it can’t win elections without them — but doesn’t want Trump calling attention to what those voters actually believe.

Donald Trump Is Saving Our Democracy

It's sort of a meandering piece, but a central point is all the gop establishment handwringing over Trump should be absurd, because Trump himself is absurd. He's more like The Magic Christian or Bullworth or even Network's Howard Beale. He's mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore.

The gop calls Trump a fake republican .... well, he's certainly telling the gop faithful what they want to hear: birthright citizenship ... gonna get rid of that! (how?) Obama's a muslim and not an American (Well, most republicans AGREE!) He takes on Megyn and her menstrual cycle ... (well Rubio and Walker want to ban abortion for rape victims and women who might die ... and we haven't even gotten to the gop on the morning after pill).

In fact, the ONLY issue Trump is out of lockstep with the gop is on taxes and hedge fund managers. And therein lies the question that continually comes up, why do lower middle class whites vote for plutocrats? The answer is obvious: as bad as the plutocrats are, they aren't giving the blacks, latinos, Asians all our stuff. OMG, Trump's a plutocrat telling the faithful what they WANT TO HEAR!

Meanwhile, we have Hillary dragging the server like the proverbial dead cat tied to her neck.

I find it amusing that Trump wants to raise taxes on hedge fund managers but not real estate tycoons

Hedge fund managers avoid paying income tax off what they mostly make, they pay capital gains tax. What's your reason for raising taxes on real estate tycoons?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back