So, where do Republicans stand today?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Walker is out, Perry is out
Jindal, Santorum, Huckabee, Graham. Paul are on life support

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Fiorina is the flavor of the week as she looks feisty and articulate
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims
Bush has the name and political machine but is awkward in debates
Rubio looks well read and articulate, one of the only Republicans with passion
Christie is feisty and argumentative but has no real platform
Kasich is the mature, calm middle of the road solution
Cruz has staked out the far right....creepy as ever

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President
Fiorina will lose her luster but can run as VP
Carson will drop after the early primaries
Christie and Kasich are too moderate
Cruz will lose votes to Trump and drop out early

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

VP could be Fiorina (women) or Kasich (Ohio, maturity)

Trump looks unbeatable as he mocks the other candidates and soaks up all the attention
Carson looks like he has a hard time staying awake for the debates and showed he is a bigot against Muslims

I think Trump will have the backing to last through the primaries but when Republicans have to actually pick, I doubt they will say...I want this guy as President

That leaves Bush and Rubio. The smart, safe choice is Bush. He has the name, is not objectionable and has the backing and political machine

Rubio may make the best candidate against Hillary. He is young, dynamic and sincere. Everything Hillary is not. If he can stake out a Republican agenda for the future, he could win

Thank you for that play by play Leftnutterless.

Now anything you post on Rs, we all know is total bullshit. Why would a partisan kooky leftist like you, give a shit about the Rs?

You'd have to ask a Republican. Maybe not bait them?

As for me, an independent, I stand on my own two feet.

169121_600.jpg

Carly looked good during the debate, now the truth about her is coming out so she will be history.

They sacrificed Walker to try and bring down Trump along with O'reilly this morning on the news...

She won't make it out of the next debate.

I think she will hang around for a while

She is one of the few Republicans with a personality

She slid in on the last debate but really she doesn't have much to offer. Now that she has been granted this platform that will come through. It will die. I firmly believe that is going to show in the next debate.

She won't make it out of the next debate.

I think she will hang around for a while

She is one of the few Republicans with a personality

She slid in on the last debate but really she doesn't have much to offer. Now that she has been granted this platform that will come through. It will die. I firmly believe that is going to show in the next debate.

I agree...she was a fresh face and showed energy

But she really didn't show substance. Much of her platform is not supported by mainstream Republicans. I think they will tire of her just like they will tire of Trump and Carson

I was reading this:

Republican potentates can’t fight back against him because the party’s base has his back. He’s ensnared the GOP Establishment in a classic Catch-22: It wants Trump voters — it can’t win elections without them — but doesn’t want Trump calling attention to what those voters actually believe.

Donald Trump Is Saving Our Democracy

It's sort of a meandering piece, but a central point is all the gop establishment handwringing over Trump should be absurd, because Trump himself is absurd. He's more like The Magic Christian or Bullworth or even Network's Howard Beale. He's mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore.

The gop calls Trump a fake republican .... well, he's certainly telling the gop faithful what they want to hear: birthright citizenship ... gonna get rid of that! (how?) Obama's a muslim and not an American (Well, most republicans AGREE!) He takes on Megyn and her menstrual cycle ... (well Rubio and Walker want to ban abortion for rape victims and women who might die ... and we haven't even gotten to the gop on the morning after pill).

In fact, the ONLY issue Trump is out of lockstep with the gop is on taxes and hedge fund managers. And therein lies the question that continually comes up, why do lower middle class whites vote for plutocrats? The answer is obvious: as bad as the plutocrats are, they aren't giving the blacks, latinos, Asians all our stuff. OMG, Trump's a plutocrat telling the faithful what they WANT TO HEAR!

Meanwhile, we have Hillary dragging the server like the proverbial dead cat tied to her neck.

Forum List

Back