So What Should Sanders Do Now, Post New York?

What should Sanders do now that he is unable to win the nomination?

• Quit now and go 3rd party

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Run till the bitter end and drain Hillary so he can run in 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play nice and cooperate with Hillary's camp and get a promise of Treasury Secretary

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Do whatever causes the Democratic PArty the most damage

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I dont see a path to Sanders getting the nomination now, but he still has options.

1) Run until the bitter end, then go 3rd party. I dont think this is a very productive option for him.

2) Cut a deal to stay in the race, but dont put full effort into it, play nice, and get the Treasury Secretary jobs if Hillary wins the general. This seems like Sander's best tack if he wants to achieve something permanent and then run again in 2020 or 2024, depending on who wins the general this November.

3) Quit now and get an early start on a 3rd party run. I dont think this is good for him as it is an open betrayal of his own party. With him his movement dies off as well.

What do you think Sanders should do?

California is a screwed up state D.F. I sort of figured he would lead there.

I dont see a path to Sanders getting the nomination now, but he still has options.

1) Run until the bitter end, then go 3rd party. I dont think this is a very productive option for him.

2) Cut a deal to stay in the race, but dont put full effort into it, play nice, and get the Treasury Secretary jobs if Hillary wins the general. This seems like Sander's best tack if he wants to achieve something permanent and then run again in 2020 or 2024, depending on who wins the general this November.

3) Quit now and get an early start on a 3rd party run. I dont think this is good for him as it is an open betrayal of his own party. With him his movement dies off as well.

Well said, one of your better posts. :)

Personally I think the best choice for Sanders would be to drop out of this race, and head to the nearest nursing home. John McCain is older, clearly in better shape, and he was tortured for 5 years. Sanders looks like a 100 miles of bad road.

gmc13824320160121075900.jpg

California is a screwed up state D.F. I sort of figured he would lead there.

Sanders would get creamed in California as bad as he did in New York. California is a closed Presidential primary, and they have a huge population of Hispanics that are extremely loyal to Hillary Clinton.

Sanders is going to get clobbered this coming Tuesday on April 26th.

Connecticut Closed 70 delegates
Delaware Closed 31 delegates
Maryland Closed 118 delegates
Pennsylvania Closed 210 delegates
Rhode Island Mixed 31 delegates

Really to save himself the embarrassment he needs to drop out now. There is absolutely no mathematical possibility of him getting anywhere close to the nomination. The longer he stays in the race--the more it hurts Hillary Clinton. Right now she should be focusing on the General Election, and unifying this party, and not have to pay attention to what is coming out of Bernie Sanders mouth. He is just proving the point that Democrats already believed. He's really not a Democrat--and he won't set aside his own personal agenda for the good of the party.

web1_0_no_image_title_165.jpg

Last edited:
Sanders is ahead in California. Stay in it and plan for a real big floor fight at the convention.

Could you show us that poll?

LOL don't hold your breath on that one--LOL California is a closed presidential primary, Hispanics a very large population are going to remain loyal to her. And no matter how many liberal Democrats run that state, none of them are communists. And you would have to be to support Bernie Sanders.

Hillary Clinton is leading Sanders by 9 points, and it's probably larger than that after the New York debate--which she got a huge boost from.

Plus him staying in this race, is really going to start to piss Democrats off--and they're going to eye ball Sanders a lot differently than they have been.
2016 California Democratic Presidential Primary - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

Simply say that Hillary is a phony and that he will never vote for her.

That would pretty much shitcan her chances.

Personally I think the best choice for Sanders would be to drop out of this race, and head to the nearest nursing home. John McCain is older, clearly in better shape, and he was tortured for 5 years. Sanders looks like a 100 miles of bad road.

gmc13824320160121075900.jpg

Man, I bet you will feel envious of that man when you hit his age; he's like 80, right?

Forum List

Back