So what do you do for entertaining yourself?

Done. But not done. I don't like the color of the fish. So...I think I'm going to paint it metallic gold fish. Maybe some splatters of sponged gold along the top rim of the jar...a smidge below near the base. If not gold....maybe bronze or copper color. I am just not happy with this. :eusa_eh:

I love being here when our Gracie is on board. You are a huge talent, girl, in so many ways. Always interesting, warm, and sweet; someone I wish I lived next door to. ( I can promise hilarity ) :love_ya4:

I love hanging out with my soulmate, Dave, an artist. Outside of the artsy things we do and create, we like best cruizing the coast highway and taking those "roads least traveled" as we explore the vast, lush, and gorgeous vistas this state has to offer. We have much in common ( LAUGHTER) and exploring the coastal area is one of our favorite things to do together and we do this about twice a week. The music is on full volume unless we need to park and walk around rivers, beaches, and areas outside the car.

I am like westwall in so many ways. I have always considered him a kindred spirit. Westwall and I like to do exhilarating things, target practicing and driving fast cars fast are two of them, and for myself, driving fast especially up and around winding mountains. With Dave, I do the driving and Dave hangs on. His occasional comment is, "well you did pull that one off well although it isn't the way I would have done it". Ha! Of course not. We would still be there if he were driving. Ha!

Last edited:

Finished this one about half an hour ago. Found the vase...all beat up and ugly. So I painted it. Then added the lizard. Still practicing lizard and frog fingers. Pain in the ass, those things. Very small, hard to shape. Ack!
That reminds my of a carving at the Gobleki Tepe archeological site.

912972401000100513819no.jpg

That lizard was made around 8000 BC.

Gracie, I knew you were old, but not that old.

Done. But not done. I don't like the color of the fish. So...I think I'm going to paint it metallic gold fish. Maybe some splatters of sponged gold along the top rim of the jar...a smidge below near the base. If not gold....maybe bronze or copper color. I am just not happy with this. :eusa_eh:

Those first two are appealing to me, Gracie. Very much! :)

Got a new one cookin' right now. This time..plain white vase, flesh colored bug-eyed gold fish. I will paint the whole thing all at once...see if it turns out better than being so divided from background to fish.

Will show ya BEFORE I paint it..once it's outta da oven.

Quote is busted. :mad:

Anyway..that 8000 year old lizard looks like the one on the movie Relic!:eek:

Finished this one about half an hour ago. Found the vase...all beat up and ugly. So I painted it. Then added the lizard. Still practicing lizard and frog fingers. Pain in the ass, those things. Very small, hard to shape. Ack!
Gracie, that is beautiful! You did that with polymer clay?

Gracie, that is beautiful! You did that with polymer clay?
Not the vase. Just the fish and the reeds on the other one...and just the lizard on this one. I've been teaching myself and only have been doing this for about a month or so. Started of with snails, then lizards, frogs. Then did a few cartoony sheep. Now I want to go for more detailed stuff. It's a learning experience, lol.

I go to thrift shops and get funky ugly jars and vases..then paint them the color I want, then add the critters with the clay.

too much rain so not much but usually gardening,listening to music,watching cute or inspiring videos on YT,Posting here.

Finally. Done. This one took wayyyy too long. But now I am going to take a nice weekend break before starting another one...but of dolphins and maybe coral.

Anyway..here is the finished results.

It's a half vase. Hangs flat against the wall in the back, rounded in the front.

New Topics

Forum List

Back