So what do you do for entertaining yourself?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I've been playing with clay. Polymer clay. Baked. But I just ordered some air dry to try it out, although it won't be here for another week or so.

Started off with snails, lizards, frogs, etc. Now I am on to bottle art with the clay. I buy old vases and/or find unique bottles and plan to decorate them. Where I plan to put them all, I have no clue.

I used to garden. But, now that I am old, stuck on the 6th floor and only a small balcony....no gardening. Can't do hand painted furniture anymore either. No room to do it and they don't allow certain things...like spray paint, sanding, etc. Not even on the balcony IF I had room to do it.

Finished this one about half an hour ago. Found the vase...all beat up and ugly. So I painted it. Then added the lizard. Still practicing lizard and frog fingers. Pain in the ass, those things. Very small, hard to shape. Ack!

I think social media killed what used to be our entertainment of being physical. No more letter writing or phone calls. It's all online and we sit and stagnate. I miss my yard. I'd rather be outside playing with my dogs while in the garden. Alas...none are real any more. Just memories.

Go on line and argue with liberals. Also thinking about writing a book but my grammar and spelling sucks
Ya know..I used to enjoy doing fisticuffs online with foolish people. But I was not liking being so damn mean. Nor did I like being mean to. But sometimes I miss it. The surge of....adrenaline with a good verbal fight, I guess. Now..I just ignore or bail. No fun, dammit! But my blood pressure is much lower now, lol.

It's good to hear Gracie you at least have an apartment now. I am living in a run down hotel room in Wisconsin, it's kind of hard to have hobbies when you don't have a house

Go on line and argue with liberals. Also thinking about writing a book but my grammar and spelling sucks
Ya know..I used to enjoy doing fisticuffs online with foolish people. But I was not liking being so damn mean. Nor did I like being mean to. But sometimes I miss it. The surge of....adrenaline with a good verbal fight, I guess. Now..I just ignore or bail. No fun, dammit! But my blood pressure is much lower now, lol.
And old girlfriend told me why do it? It never changes anyone's opinion, but it is fun to flame..I hope I outgrow it one of these days, but then what do I do in my down time from work?

I've been playing with clay. Polymer clay. Baked. But I just ordered some air dry to try it out, although it won't be here for another week or so.

Started off with snails, lizards, frogs, etc. Now I am on to bottle art with the clay. I buy old vases and/or find unique bottles and plan to decorate them. Where I plan to put them all, I have no clue.

I used to garden. But, now that I am old, stuck on the 6th floor and only a small balcony....no gardening. Can't do hand painted furniture anymore either. No room to do it and they don't allow certain things...like spray paint, sanding, etc. Not even on the balcony IF I had room to do it.

I fly. I drive fast cars fast. I do long range target shooting. I build stuff. I read a lot.

I fly. I drive fast cars fast. I do long range target shooting. I build stuff. I read a lot.
Don't you get bored after a few minutes shooting stuff?

Nope. I shoot maybe a round every two to three minutes. In between there is prep, doping the wind, figuring out the mirage, etc.

Lot of thinking happens before I touch that trigger.

Nope. I shoot maybe a round every two to three minutes. In between there is prep, doping the wind, figuring out the mirage, etc.

Lot of thinking happens before I touch that trigger.
Sounds boring but I guess you enjoy it.

It's good to hear Gracie you at least have an apartment now. I am living in a run down hotel room in Wisconsin, it's kind of hard to have hobbies when you don't have a house
Well that sucks!!! And yes..I know how you feel.
So far we have fallen, eh?

I putter in the garden, tend my birds (ducks outside, finches inside) enjoy my dogs... If I didn't have the luxury of a house and yard, I guess I would read more and do some drawing.

Gracie, I love your lizard and frog art. What is air dry, something you spray on to make it dry faster?

I putter in the garden, tend my birds (ducks outside, finches inside) enjoy my dogs... If I didn't have the luxury of a house and yard, I guess I would read more and do some drawing.

Gracie, I love your lizard and frog art. What is air dry, something you spray on to make it dry faster?
Air dry clay. The stuff I have been playing with is Sculpey polymer clay...you can take your time working with it, then bake it in the oven to harden it. Air dry clay is....no bake. It dries with the passage of time. Usually 24 hours unless its something really thick and big.

Finished another vase last night. Now I have to sculpt the fish I plan to put on it. I think something with flowey fins. Fancy goldfish..or a beta. And grass/reeds. Vase turned out really good. I turned it upside and and let the paint dribble down.

Finished another vase last night. Now I have to sculpt the fish I plan to put on it. I think something with flowey fins. Fancy goldfish..or a beta. And grass/reeds. Vase turned out really good. I turned it upside and and let the paint dribble down.
Be sure to post a picture when it's done!

Just got it out of the oven but its very hot. Cooked it right on the vase! Once cooled..I will paint the fish. Vase was already painted last night.

Will post a pic when all finished. :)

I like long walks at sunset, golf, terrorism, bowling, fishing, porch pirating, breeding finches, reading, being cruel to old women, and merry-go-rounds.

LORD HAVE MERCY, no more 20 posts chains...YEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back