So..that whole 'History' thing...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
BIG Snoozer....I think history teachers TRY to make their classes unbearably boring....

:)

The History Channel is pretty cool, though.

Nah.. They make it pretty boring.. Maybe it's just the "textbook" end of it.. The History channel IS pretty cool, and it's probably because there's a visual to go with it.

History teachers don't understand why the kids aren't as interested in the subject as they are themselves, yet most seem to lack the skills necessary to draw the student into the subject so that they can see it as a story, like the History Channel does. It is a rare and pleasant experience to be in a class with a History teacher that has that ability.

no1tovote4 said:
History teachers don't understand why the kids aren't as interested in the subject as they are themselves, yet most seem to lack the skills necessary to draw the student into the subject so that they can see it as a story, like the History Channel does. It is a rare and pleasant experience to be in a class with a History teacher that has that ability.

I think that was my point... You've got a bad teacher, when the entire class is half asleep, the teacher gets irritated, and says "If you find this class so boring, why not just toss your books out the open window, and leave.", and the class does.

Shattered said:
I think that was my point... You've got a bad teacher, when the entire class is half asleep, the teacher gets irritated, and says "If you find this class so boring, why not just toss your books out the open window, and leave.", and the class does.

Hey! He invited me to!

no1tovote4 said:
Hey! He invited me to!

That netted the entire class a weeks detention towards the end of the year...(you know - the *nice* part of the year?).

Shattered said:
That netted the entire class a weeks detention towards the end of the year...(you know - the *nice* part of the year?).

Were I the principal I would have made the "teacher" clean the halls. We can't have them inviting the students to leave the class, or to treat the books in such a way.

no1tovote4 said:
Were I the principal I would have made the "teacher" clean the halls. We can't have them inviting the students to leave the class, or to treat the books in such a way.

Oh, we had to pay for those, too. I'm convinced the teacher was an alcoholic.. He always smelled like booze between classes.. Gotta love public education. :D

From jr high up, truth should will out. It's all about sex, drugs, war, and rock n' roll. ;)

BIG Snoozer....I think history teachers TRY to make their classes unbearably boring....

:)

The History Channel is pretty cool, though.
I could make History interesting mainly because it's a subject I love, almost more than English, Mythology, or Languages.

History is a boring subject when it's rote memorization of names and dates. It's also boring because it's often not seen as relevant to our times. Sometimes the textbook will draw a parallel to modern-day events, but not if it's controversial or politically incorrect. In order to make it relevant, you have to compare the past to the present, and pretty soon politics are getting involved. Start talking about politics, and then you've got angry parents involved (some of whom may have formed their opinions based on the faulty facts they themselves learned in grade school).

Forum List

Back