So San Francisco...Golden Gate Bridge, world class cuisine, panoply of cultures,

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
the epitome of class and sophistication. Also a "sanctuary city" being the compassionate people they are.
Just watch where you walk though in Frisco (I wrote that to piss San Franciscans off!) because you may see the left behinds of people like the below!

More specifically, aggressive panhandling and homeless defecating and urinating in public. And sometimes doing even worse things.
With the holiday shopping season coming, and Super Bowl 50 right behind, the city by the bay will be in the national spotlight once again, and so will images like those above.
How to solve San Francisco's homeless pooping problem

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 12.58.20 PM.png

San Francisco has always had a large number of homeless people, for a number of reasons.

1. The climate. This is the biggest draw - it's never too hot, and never too cold. It rarely rains.

2. San Francisco is a wealthy, liberal city. A good panhandler or busker can make a decent amount of money each day.

3. A significant percentage of San Francisco's homeless are young people, many who have chosen to be homeless. The city has a romantic history of beatniks and hippies that these young people are attempting to emulate.

the epitome of class and sophistication. Also a "sanctuary city" being the compassionate people they are.
Just watch where you walk though in Frisco (I wrote that to piss San Franciscans off!) because you may see the left behinds of people like the below!

More specifically, aggressive panhandling and homeless defecating and urinating in public. And sometimes doing even worse things.
With the holiday shopping season coming, and Super Bowl 50 right behind, the city by the bay will be in the national spotlight once again, and so will images like those above.
How to solve San Francisco's homeless pooping problem

View attachment 48327

you forgot to mention city home of the gays.:biggrin: i wager that dude is a gay dude.:biggrin:

I've spent a lot of time in that town, beautiful city, beautiful weather and some of the best seafood anywhere. Dropped a few bucks in the Fiddler's Green on the corner of Columbus and Beach.

San Francisco has always had a large number of homeless people, for a number of reasons.

1. The climate. This is the biggest draw - it's never too hot, and never too cold. It rarely rains.

2. San Francisco is a wealthy, liberal city. A good panhandler or busker can make a decent amount of money each day.

3. A significant percentage of San Francisco's homeless are young people, many who have chosen to be homeless. The city has a romantic history of beatniks and hippies that these young people are attempting to emulate.

Translation: San Francisco has jumped the shark.

Most of these homeless are of the 'addict, drunk or crazy' variety.

There are plenty of them, too. But if you walk down to the end of Haight, most of those guys are just kids who think it's cool to be a hobo.

There are plenty of them, too. But if you walk down to the end of Haight, most of those guys are just kids who think it's cool to be a hobo.

I run the 'O'Farrell to Mason to Howard gauntlet on occasion. And its just zombies. I doubt they even know where they are.

I've spent a lot of time in that town, beautiful city, beautiful weather and some of the best seafood anywhere. Dropped a few bucks in the Fiddler's Green on the corner of Columbus and Beach.

I like that place. Nice little divey bar.

It gets a lot of tourists though, so close to the wharf.

A nice bar is farther up Columbus... I think it;s called DiMaggio's? If you like Spanish... La Bodega on Grant Street... great Flamenco dancers!

I run the 'O'Farrell to Mason to Howard gauntlet on occasion. And its just zombies. I doubt they even know where they are.

Yikes... you're brave!

Yea those déclassé trashy tourists.... I bet you never go to those trashy Walmart customer types places do you? You've got too much
CLASS and your nose is so far up in the air I bet you probably like this picture.
Pomposity thy name is ................ fill in the blank!
Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 1.50.16 PM.png

Yikes... you're brave!
Its SF. Even when its bad, its still pretty good. The only time I get upset is with the belligerent street crossers. The assholes walking diagonally across a busy intersection, or just stepping off a curb as you're cruzing down Geary.

Like physics gives a shit.

Yea those déclassé trashy tourists.... I bet you never go to those trashy Walmart customer types places do you? You've got too much
CLASS and your nose is so far up in the air I bet you probably like this picture.
View attachment 48334

I think all that he was saying that at times it lacks the local flair.... There was a bar on Pier 39 called the Eagles Nest.. in the midst of all things tourist, it was this old hole in the wall... they ruined it. Went totally touristy.

Ill probably grab a beer at the Chieftan tonight. Or Tempest if I want to see a fist fight. Nothing says a good time like half off PBR.

Yeah, the Tenderloin is basically SF's Skid Row.

View attachment 48334

:lol:

Forum List

Back