So Obama released 15 terrorists to plot & resume their terrorist actions

ISIS reportedly boils 6 alive in vats of tar after Sharia court orders death sentences | Fox News
No, this is torture

We aren't talking about war with countries fighting under their flag. We are talking about enemy combatants aka terrorists that represent only themselves and their followers.
You think the terrorists give a damn what you or I think? I have a bridge to sell you.
You are a joke. You could care less about our men and women serving out on that battlefield.

The fact is that I do care about the men and women serving on that battlefield

I do not want them subjected to torture when captured, I do not want them whisked away to some remote camp where they have no rights and are detained indefinitely without charges

If that is how we treat others, we have no expectation that our captured soldiers should be treated better

It goes beyond terrorists...it applies to any nation we may be at war with

If we bomb Syria or Iran and they shoot down one of our planes and torture the pilot for war crimes...what right do we have to complain?
Yes we are talking about those wars

We have crossed the line on torture. Justification based on national affiliation vs religious affiliation does not absolve us

For some reason, those who engage in torture always find a reason to justify it

ISIS reportedly boils 6 alive in vats of tar after Sharia court orders death sentences | Fox News
No, this is torture

We aren't talking about war with countries fighting under their flag. We are talking about enemy combatants aka terrorists that represent only themselves and their followers.
You think the terrorists give a damn what you or I think? I have a bridge to sell you.

I do not want them subjected to torture when captured, I do not want them whisked away to some remote camp where they have no rights and are detained indefinitely without charges

If that is how we treat others, we have no expectation that our captured soldiers should be treated better

If we bomb Syria or Iran and they shoot down one of our planes and torture the pilot for war crimes...what right do we have to complain?

We have crossed the line on torture. Justification based on national affiliation vs religious affiliation does not absolve us

So you justify anything above what ISIS does as acceptable

It is sad that the U.S. Used to set the moral bar for the world. Now, conservatives brag they are not as bad as ISIS

No, this is torture

Unlike enhanced interrogation techniques that the GOP approves of...

"So Obama released 15 terrorists to plot & resume their terrorist actions"

Wrong.

15 detainees were released who should never had been detained to begin with, for whom there was no evidence of a crime, who were never charged or afforded a trial, held in violation of the Constitution, the consequence of the reckless stupidity of the Bush administration.

Most of those released go right back to the terrorist activity.

The military tribunals were getting ready to start and douchebag in the WH put a stop to that so the fact that they are still in Gitmo is his fault.

Loads of them were picked up on battlefields and as far as I'm concerned don't take any prisoners. Kill the bastards on site.
"Most of those released go right back to the terrorist activity."

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence says 5% of Guantanamo prisoners released since Obama took office have re-engaged in militant activities and an additional 8% are suspected of doing so. That compares with 21% confirmed and 14% suspected during the Bush administration.
15 detainees released from Guantanamo

Me: I'll have a cup of coffee & 15 terrorists to go please.

Attendant: Sure thing & as a gift we'll give you a few million to get your new friends started.
And when exactly were they found guilty in a court of law of ‘terrorism.’

Just because you and other rightwing morons ‘think’ or ‘believe’ they were ‘terrorists’ doesn’t make it so.

What wonderful news to wake up to!
Heard all about this today on NPR. The UAE is taking these men in, will rehabilitate these men. Arrange marriages for them. You stupid ass Republicans will complain no matter what we do.

Of all the guys bush let go 33% rejoined the fight with Isis. On Obama's watch only 5%.

Guantanamo can and will be closed. Huge waste of money.

The military tribunals were getting ready to start and douchebag in the WH put a stop to that so the fact that they are still in Gitmo is his fault.

Loads of them were picked up on battlefields and as far as I'm concerned don't take any prisoners. Kill the bastards on site.
"Most of those released go right back to the terrorist activity."

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence says 5% of Guantanamo prisoners released since Obama took office have re-engaged in militant activities and an additional 8% are suspected of doing so. That compares with 21% confirmed and 14% suspected during the Bush administration.
15 detainees released from Guantanamo
I just said that. These right wingers are so obviously full of shit.

I'm voting hillary

And the blame for that rests solely with Bush.

Had the idiot Bush detained them in accordance with the law, afforded them a trial, those convicted would be serving time now.

Since none of them wear uniforms or are part of a standing army the SCOTUS dropped the ball on this one. Our laws should never apply to them. Neither should the protection our law provides.

These people will go back to killing just as soon as they are released and they still won't be wearing uniforms or be part of a standing army.
Wrong again.

The Supreme Court ruled in accordance with settled and accepted due process jurisprudence.

You are a joke. You could care less about our men and women serving out on that battlefield.

If that nation abides by the Geneva Conventions then so do we.

If its terrorist assholes who don't abide by anyone's rules but their own then no way should we use the Geneva Convention rules when dealing with them.

Selective morals now?

Hard to maintain the illusion of outrage over the treatment of your military when you have used the very same practices

Do you support our soldiers being subjected to waterboarding, sleep depravation, hypothermia, stress positions because we have done the same things?

Nothing selective about it. Just common sense. If the enemy follows no rules neither should we.

I have a friend in the military who was water boarded. He said while it was happening it scared the shit out of him but he suffered absolutely no injury.

Any one of what you have mentioned is better than real torture. Real torture that any one of our captured men or women would endure.

People like you, idiots who are more concerned with how we are perceived, make it easy for them to do what they do. You seem to think they are honorable enemies and deserve the treatment an honorable enemy would receive.

They are terrorists plain and simple. Murderers who cut off heads, rape and murder on an industrial scale.

Last edited:

If its terrorist assholes who don't abide by anyone's rules but their own then no way should we use the Geneva Convention rules when dealing with them.

Selective morals now?

Hard to maintain the illusion of outrage over the treatment of your military when you have used the very same practices

Do you support our soldiers being subjected to waterboarding, sleep depravation, hypothermia, stress positions because we have done the same things?

Nothing selective about it. Just common sense. If the enemy follows no rules neither should we.

I have a friend in the military who was water boarded. He said while it was happening it scared the shit out of him but he suffered absolutely no injury.

Any one of what you have mentioned is better than real torture. Real torture that any one of our captured men or women would endure.

People like you, idiots who are more concerned with how we are perceived, make it easy for them to do what they do. You seem to think they are honorable enemies and deserve the treatment an honorable enemy would receive.

They are terrorists plain and simple. Murderers who cut off heads, rape and murder on an industrial scale.
What a sad, sick world you live in

Allowing terrorists to drag us down to their level

Selective morals now?

Allowing terrorists to drag us down to their
level

I live in reality.

You live in a dream world where every terrorist is honorable.

You fight fire with fire and when fighting an unhonorable enemy you save YOUR honor for those that deserve it.

Selective morals now?

level

I live in reality.

You fight fire with fire and when fighting an unhonorable enemy you save YOUR honor for those that deserve it.

Selective morality

As with most people involved in torture, you find a way to blame the other guy for what you are doing to him

Selective morals now?

level

I live in reality.

Selective morality

As with most people involved in torture, you find a way to blame the other guy for what you are doing to him

Idiots like you find being being known as the "good guy" more important than anything else.

No common sense at all and morality for all even if they don't deserve it.

Just shows how absolutely clueless you are.

Last edited:
I just hear he already approved another 20 for release. He once told us these remaining terrorists were the most dangerous ones. What is a person to take away from that? Is keeping a campaign promise from 2007 more important than the safety of our troops or American citizens? It would appear so

I just hear he already approved another 20 for release. He once told us these remaining terrorists were the most dangerous ones. What is a person to take away from that? Is keeping a campaign promise from 2007 more important than the safety of our troops or American citizens? It would appear so

If they are that dangerous, bring them up on charges, provide your evidence and convict them

That is the American way

Forum List

Back