So, Obama gets to put a third dullard to the Supreme Court?

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word, "subversiveness". You may not agree with the president's nomination, but the president has the constitutional authority to nominate a person to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court.

The Senate has the power to consent or not consent to the appointment of the president's nominee. If some senators disapprove of the nominee, then they should cast their votes to withhold consent. They will be answerable for their votes to their constituents. That's the way our system works.

If the Senate stalls a vote, then members of the Senate will be viewed as obstructionists ... power hungry wolves. There is no political advantage to be gained by stalling.

I know you don't understand context. Spare me the lecture, lady.

I don't have to "spare" you anything. This is a discussion board and you initiated a discussion. You may encourage the senators to stall, if you think that's the way to achieve your agenda. But the senators, those with a small amount of intelligence, will likely conduct a cost/benefit analysis. Stalling isn't going to further your agenda; it will only place a spotlight on obstructionism and will result in a backlash.

Go ahead. Encourage the senate to stall, stall, stall ... and if that happens, expect the voters to respond and to unseat the obstructionists.

Trust me..after the midterm shellacking you dems received real Americans will cheer on any and all obstructions the republicans may choose to stop your messiah.
Americans are through with the leftist agenda and the RINOs.
If things get hinky there will be violence.....you can count on it.

low turnout.... GOP does well when people don't vote.

that won't happen now and you don't/can't win national elections.

So why do you think they stayed home?
GOP obstruction and the corporate media made sure young voters in 2008 didn't show up in 2010.
And I blame all the blacks who bothered to show up for Obama but not in 2010 because there wasn't a black for them to vote for.

But the GOP made sure voter turn out was low in 2010 by not getting a god damn thing done in 2 years. You can remember it however you want but we remember the truth.

“When I first came into office, the head of the Senate Republicans said, ‘my number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.’ Now, after the election, either he will have succeeded in that goal or he will have failed at that goal.”
— President Obama, interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” recorded on Sept. 12, 2012, and aired on Sept. 23
“It was no surprise, because the senator from Kentucky, who just spoke, announced at the beginning, four years ago, exactly what his strategy would be. He said, his number-one goal was to make sure that Barack Obama was a one-term president.”

I don't have to "spare" you anything. This is a discussion board and you initiated a discussion. You may encourage the senators to stall, if you think that's the way to achieve your agenda. But the senators, those with a small amount of intelligence, will likely conduct a cost/benefit analysis. Stalling isn't going to further your agenda; it will only place a spotlight on obstructionism and will result in a backlash.

Go ahead. Encourage the senate to stall, stall, stall ... and if that happens, expect the voters to respond and to unseat the obstructionists.

Trust me..after the midterm shellacking you dems received real Americans will cheer on any and all obstructions the republicans may choose to stop your messiah.

I actually hope they don't let Obama appoint a judge. That'll turn out the vote alright. We'll use that like Bush used 9-11 and the Iraq war to win 2004.

America doesnt want Barry to appoint a judge so there will be no fallout whatsoever.
Who the fuck is "America"? This is what Republicans do. They say "America" wants or "America doesn't want" when they should be saying "rich America" or "Conservative America".

If you don't realize you are doing this it might be an indication of what a brainwashed ass fart you are.

America didn't want McCain or Romney to be president. America wanted Barrack Obama to be President. Agreed?

Shouldn't you be saying "dumb America" wanted Obama to be President?

I actually hope they don't let Obama appoint a judge. That'll turn out the vote alright. We'll use that like Bush used 9-11 and the Iraq war to win 2004.

America doesnt want Barry to appoint a judge so there will be no fallout whatsoever.
Who the fuck is "America"? This is what Republicans do. They say "America" wants or "America doesn't want" when they should be saying "rich America" or "Conservative America".

If you don't realize you are doing this it might be an indication of what a brainwashed ass fart you are.

America didn't want McCain or Romney to be president. America wanted Barrack Obama to be President. Agreed?

And barry was marginalized in the midterms.
"It was a low turnout" in 5,4,3.....

they think THEY are "America"

Oh we are. It's our type that made this country possible.

you mean the more educated part of the electorate? :cuckoo:

oh you mean the white Christians?

:rofl:

good luck with that.

but please pretty please tell us you aren't a lowlife bigot.

oh, so 'elitist America' maybe works better for you.

how about just the American electoriate? since the American electorate twice elected this president while the rightwingers cry and whine.

but you really should make up your mind dear because the left isn't both dumb and elitist.

dumb would be the rightwingnut "base".

how about just the American electoriate? since the American electorate twice elected this president while the rightwingers cry and whine.

how about you read what I was responding to, which was a subcategorization of that electorate.

aaaaaaaand we're back to 'dumb America'

how about you read what I was responding to, which was a subcategorization of that electorate.

like I said... you wingers think you're "America" and I'm back to saying you're kind of ignorant.

like I said... you wingers think you're "America" and I'm back to saying you're kind of ignorant.

Again, I was was responding to the subcategorization tangent. I didn't create it.

I know it's hard to follow the bouncing ball sometimes, but you don't have to keep going out of your way to prove my point.

good luck with that.

Not at all what I meant. In fact it's pretty racist that your mind when there right off the bat.

I was looking for a specific fireside chat and stumbled on this:

Among these are: The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries, or shops or farms or mines of the nation; The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation; The right of (every) farmers to raise and sell their (his) products at a return which will give them (him) and their (his) families (family) a decent living; The right of every business man, large and small , to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad; The right of every family to a decent home; The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health; The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, and sickness, and accident and unemployment; And finally, the right to a good education.
All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

Roosevelt's Fireside Chat, 11 January 1944 - Wikisource, the free online library

FDR was so unAmerican. LOL

This is the greatest fireside chat.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Fireside Chat.

And it is almost like FDR is talking about what's going on today.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
Edmund Burke

Not only our future economic soundness but the very soundness of our democratic institutions depends on the determination of our Government to give employment to idle men. The people of America are in agreement in defending their liberties at any cost, and the first line of that defense lies in the protection of economic security. Your Government, seeking to protect democracy, must prove that Government is stronger than the forces of business depression.
History proves that dictatorships do not grow out of strong and successful governments, but out of weak and helpless ones. If by democratic methods people get a government strong enough to protect them from fear and starvation, their democracy succeeds; but if they do not, they grow impatient. Therefore, the only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over its government.
In the first century of our republic we were short of capital, short of workers and short of industrial production; but we were rich in free land, free timber and free mineral wealth. The Federal Government rightly assumed the duty of promoting business and relieving depression by giving them subsidies of land and other resources. Thus, from our earliest days we have had a tradition of substantial government help to our system of private enterprise. But today the government no longer has vast tracts of rich land to give away.
No doubt you will be told that the Government spending program of the past five years did not cause the increase in our national income. They will tell you that business revived because of private spending and investment. That is true in part, for the Government spent only a small part of the total. But Government spending acted as a trigger to set off private activity.
I am again expressing my hope that the Congress will enact at this session a wage and hour bill putting a floor under industrial wages and a limit on working hours—to ensure a better distribution of our prosperity, a better distribution of available work, and a sounder distribution of buying power.
We need to recognize nationally that the demands of no group, however just, can be satisfied unless that group is prepared to share in finding a way to produce the income from which it and all other groups can be paid. . . . You, as the Congress, I, as the President, must, by virtue of our offices, seek the national good by preserving the balance between all groups and all sections.
"We have at our disposal the national resources, the money, the skill of hand and head to raise our economic level—our citizens' income. Our capacity is limited only by our ability to work together. What is needed is the will.
Anyone willing to work can have a decent job to take care of themselves and their homes and their children adequately; that the farmer, the factory worker, the storekeeper, the gas station man, the manufacturer, the merchant—big and small—the banker who takes pride in the help he gives to the building of his community, that all these can be sure of a reasonable profit and safety for the savings they earn—not today nor tomorrow alone, but as far ahead as they can see.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Fireside Chat.

How stupid are you? I don't believe a God decides your life. I don't think Dems have anything to do with his death. You make decisions based on your faith in God.

:cuckoo:

that's almost a complete thought. congratulations.

Well I am way ahead of you.

only in rightwingnuthackworld. but that's ok. we expect nothing less from you.

now let's see another attempt at a pithy comeback, little boy. :thup:

Great comeback! I'm impressed! Who typed that for you? A first grader? Let me know when you come up with a good comeback and I'll respond. Otherwise you are wasting my time.
Here you are again claiming to be fair and balanced but in every circumstance we find you defending the right wing nut jobs. Does Jillian bring it out of you? Maybe you should go back to talking about things you know a little something about like sports. Politics isn't your bag man. Now, feel free to come back at me with how my opinion doesn't matter because I don't pay taxes on my weed, you dumb ass.

You dumb fuck, where have I ever said I was fair and balanced? Good grief I'm a conservative, if you ever pulled your head out of your ass you would know. Your IQ must hover around 40, because you know damn little about sports and far less about politics. Now go back to your basement paranoid boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they hate women... especially smart women like us.

I love women, especially smart women, I find them refreshing and challenging. You and Jill just don't make the grade. Hell, jillian's comebacks are so weak they aren't worth responding to. Keep trying, if you come up with a good comeback, I'll will actually lower myself and respond to you. Doubt I'll need to.
Well this shows fair and balance in you papa. I love Jillian but I can't stand Valerie, if she is who I think she is. She's fucking nuts. So at least I'll give you that you aren't completely one sided. I never thought you were anyways. I know you just lean to the right. Certainly not a right winger.

Or am I confusing Valerie with Stephanie. I can't keep track. Hey Val, do you think I'm a pedophile? Are you the crazy bitch who thinks that?

I pretty much like everyone, I just love to stir it up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll know that Obama and hiLIARy have come to a rapprochement on how to handle their joint Email Security Breach scandal when Lynch declines to prosecute the Dowager Empress of Chappaqua, the GOP nominee is broken in a late breaking fabricated scandal, hiLIARy is elected and then appoints Barry to the SCOTUS.

good luck with that.

Not at all what I meant. In fact it's pretty racist that your mind when there right off the bat.

yeah, not what you meant... then what "type" made this country possible?

good luck with that.

yeah, not what you meant... then what "type" made this country possible?

Remember the 3%.........

Forum List

Back