So Much For Walkers Claim That State Tax Cuts Creates Job Growth

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
So he screwed the state workers that teach the kids, pick up the garbage and fixes the roads for no good reason......

When Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker delivered his State of the State address in January 2013, he promised that an agenda of budget cutting, reduced taxes and less business regulation would result in a better economic climate and more jobs for his state.

In 2012, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback wrote that his state’s tax cuts would be “like a shot of adrenaline into the heart of the Kansas economy” that would “pave the way to the creation of tens of thousands of new jobs, bring tens of thousands of people to Kansas, and help make our state the best place in America to start and grow a small business.”

The trouble is that the promised job growth hasn’t really materialized.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says that Wisconsin ranked 35th of the 50 states in job growth during the first three years of Scott Walker’s term, and dead last among its immediate neighbors, including, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-state-tax-cuts-aren-094500071.html

You mean to tell me an economic plan created by a Hollywood actor would fail miserably? No way!!

well then, you should get elected and offer to TAX the hell out of any business coming to your state

let us know how that works out for ya

Last edited:
I can't believe this came from yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

a frikken business that probably get many tax breaks

Here's an interesting editorial from a Wisconsin newspaper. Wisconsin wishes it was Minnesota. Read it and learn.
Editorial: Wisconsin has recovered, but not like Minnesota
Editorial: Wisconsin has recovered, but not like Minnesota : Tomah Journal
Here's a comparison: When Democrat Mark Dayton took office there was a $5 billion deficit, now Minnesota has a $1.23 billion surplus. Walker took office with a $2.7 deficit, now Wisconsin has a $1 billion surplus.
=====================================================
Then there's the cost of healthcare insurance with Obamacare. Again, Minnesota's approach led to much cheaper healthcare insurance costs. The average monthly premium for the same plan in Wisconsin is $ $622 a month in Minnesota it's $241 a month. Minnesota a one of the most regulated healthcare systems in the US but has consistently been ranked in the top 3 in the nation. While Wisconsin ranks 20th with their healthcare system. Minnesota is one of the healthiest states in the country and is ranked number one by quite a few resources.
Wisconsin health care plans much more expensive than Minnesota's
Wisconsin health care plans much more expensive than Minnesota's | MinnPost
=====================================================
In the end, Scott Walker's Wisconsin is really lagging behind Minnesota during the last four years and other midwest states in several categories.

Once you become a darling of the rightwing media, your actual ability to accomplish anything becomes irrrelevant;

the RWnuts have your back at that point, no matter how much stupid you produce.

So he screwed the state workers that teach the kids, pick up the garbage and fixes the roads for no good reason......

When Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker delivered his State of the State address in January 2013, he promised that an agenda of budget cutting, reduced taxes and less business regulation would result in a better economic climate and more jobs for his state.

In 2012, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback wrote that his state’s tax cuts would be “like a shot of adrenaline into the heart of the Kansas economy” that would “pave the way to the creation of tens of thousands of new jobs, bring tens of thousands of people to Kansas, and help make our state the best place in America to start and grow a small business.”

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says that Wisconsin ranked 35th of the 50 states in job growth during the first three years of Scott Walker’s term, and dead last among its immediate neighbors, including, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio.

Hmm, worked in Texas where there's a fracking boom. Wonder what could've gone wrong.

Once you become a darling of the rightwing media, your actual ability to accomplish anything becomes irrrelevant;

the RWnuts have your back at that point, no matter how much stupid you produce.

Just wonder how the state of Illinois is doing, how about California?

Think I saw the word surplus. Do you all even know what that means?

Didn't think so...Winning!!!!!

So if I am to understand the OP correctly, he is criticizing Governor Walker for not meeting the projected growth he claimed they would see after just three years, yet you same people are still making excuses for the president who after five and a half is still blaming the prior administration for our national stagnant economy.

Do I have that right?

Current Unemployment Rates for States and Historical Highs/Lows

Wisconsin 5.7
Minnesota 4.6
Michigan 7.5
Ohio 5.5
Indiana 5.7
Illinois 7.5
Iowa 4.4

would you like me to color code those for ya?

well then, you should get elected and offer to TAX the hell out of any business coming to your state

I think I've figured out your problem Stephanie. You are a kind of "digital person". Either a "one" or a "zero".

I suspect in your entire life, you never had to make a choice beyond this or that. Either 100% this OR 100% that. Nothing in between.

I suspect you are missing out on a lot.

These things take time.

Hell, we've given Obama six years now and you still blame things on Booooooosh! :lol:

You can blow up a house in 10 seconds, but it can still take a year to rebuild it. Look at Iraq. Republicans spent 3 trillion and it's still a shit hole. And Obama wasn't even president.

So if I am to understand the OP correctly, he is criticizing Governor Walker for not meeting the projected growth he claimed they would see after just three years, yet you same people are still making excuses for the president who after five and a half is still blaming the prior administration for our national stagnant economy.

Do I have that right?

yes

But you also have to add in that the left thinks obama has had no impact on states.

Somehow, Govs should be able to overwhelm the Pres with their awesome, even though the laws are against them

the Bush tax cuts created soooooooo many jobs this country slumped into a RECESSION ... that's how it worked out.

Forum List

Back