So much for treating citizens equally

I did read that pathetic attempt at a spin. Surprised you can't see it for what it is.

Bottom line, government is supposed to ensure we all have an equal chance, not that everyone ends up equal. NOTHING in Florida's new guidelines is about equal opportunity.

This is how I know you did not read Florida's plan.

From the plan:

The mission of Florida’s K-20 education system is to increase the proficiency of all students within one seamless, efficient system, by allowing them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills through learning opportunities and research valued by students, parents, and communities.

Don't matter how how you cut it, by requiring more from Asians and Whites, they'll be the ones who get the superiour education. Would you agree that black doctors and lawyers should have lower benchmarks than do whites and asians?

Dumb argument.. there will be more black doctors and lawyers if not for these horrible reading levels. Black doctors and lawyers can read and solve equations. The goal is lofty but it is for 100 percent across all demographics. And I'm sorry but in a country that has fallen so far in its education, I personally have no qualms about pushing our children harder.

During a Thursday conference call with reporters Commissioner of Education Pam Stewart asserted that the breakdown is part of a long term goal to bring 100 percent of students, of every race, at or above grade level by 2022-2023. She added that the six year goals are the most ambitious the state has adopted in its history.

It's a short-term plan thats part of a long-term plan to get all students at or above the reading and math levels of their grade.

I think I"ll stick to Asian and White doctors. They have to have higher benchmarks.

Awesome non sequitor! Certainly that has a place in this thread because Asian and White doctors are the only doctors who can read, because of all that extra schooling and all!

Sigh.. K-12 benchmarks are not being applied at the university level obviously. You knew that, you were just trying to be funny..

I got your humor and I don't like it.

Acknowledged preferential admission standards to institutes of higher learning based on race busts the theory of "treating citizens equally". I think the Supremes are taking a suit brought by a white girl who was denied admission to the college of her choice in favor of a black student allegedly with lower grades. Elementary schools in border states including Florida are stuck with the offspring of ten million illegal aliens who can't speak english so they have to cope. I don't know what the excuse that Blacks make.

I think I"ll stick to Asian and White doctors. They have to have higher benchmarks.

Awesome non sequitor! Certainly that has a place in this thread because Asian and White doctors are the only doctors who can read, because of all that extra schooling and all!

Sigh.. K-12 benchmarks are not being applied at the university level obviously. You knew that, you were just trying to be funny..

You accuse someone of non sequitur and then follow with your own bifurcation fallacy?

LOL

The scores, being released today, show that the achievement gap between the top-scoring students — Asians and whites — and the lowest scoring — African Americans, Hispanics and American Indians — has grown slightly between 2007 and 2011.

• for whites, 22.1 in 2007 to 22.4 in 2011
• for African Americans, the score remained at 17 for both years

2011 ACT scores show problems with college readiness - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

There isn't one piece of data that shows whites and blacks as equal...Honestly, there's at least solid data in support of my belief system, while none for yours.

Here is a chart from 2006-2010 of Whites, Asians, blacks, meso's
(ACT)
Average ACT Composite Test Scores by Race/Ethnicity, 2006

This shows the gap staying between 21-29 points.
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library...ar-old-students

Gap at age 17 increased. Which is most important when dealing with people going towards a higher education.

SAT scores for 2006

Whites
Reading-527, Math-536, Writing-519
Blacks
Reading-434, Math-429, Writing-428

SAT scores for 2007

Whites
Reading-527, Math-534, Writing-518
Blacks
Reading-433, Math-429, Writing-425

Average SAT Scores, 1972–2007 — Infoplease.com

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• African American-----426/431 (857)
• White-----534/529 (1063)

ACT

• African American ----16.9
• Caucasian---- 21.7

http://www.blackexcel.org/06-sat-act...-ethnicity.htm

Quote from attached SAT/ACT article:

"Readiness for college science and math coursework was particularly low among
African American students. Only 5 percent of African American test-takers scored
at or above the college-readiness benchmark for college biology, and just 10
percent attained the readiness benchmark for college algebra. Ferguson said
Black students were less likely than others to take tough, college-prep courses
and "often don't receive the information and guidance they need to properly plan
for college."

Everywhere that blacks control=this.

And the problem even extends to elementary school, in one of the best charter school programs in the country. A new study by researchers at Western Michigan reports that 40 percent of 6th to 8th grade black boys in the Knowledge Is Power Program charter schools (KIPP) drop out before completing the program. One dropout every 26 seconds is ticking time bomb for blacks « Brand Newz

One dropout every 26 seconds is ticking time bomb for blacks « Brand Newz

Why do they do this everytime they get into power?

Black Educator: Black PhD Index2007

-These numbers are knowing that they make up 13 percent of the entire population...
Matematics in 2005 totat number of phd 1231
*Blacks got 16 phd or 1.299%, meaning they're close to 12 times less likely to not have one.
Astronomy phd's 72 in 2005
*none(0) were handed to a black
Physics phd's 1,300 in 2005
*black 10 or .769% of all physic phd's were handed to blacks
Earth sciences in 2005 379
* black earth science phds 2 or .5% haned to a black.

Number of PhDs awarded in 53 other scientific fields: 2275
Number of Black PhDs awarded in 53 other scientific fields: 0

From viewing this data "
Culled from National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago" the conclusion is that blacks are anywhere from 10 to 32 times less likely to have a phd.

This is with 60 years and trillions of dollars. Tell me whats going to happen when there is no more whites to push them? You guess. They have to develop that drive.

NO! I think most of us are wondering how you achieve HIGH standards, by lowering "benchmarks"

Asians are starting out at a higher place than whites. Therefore, it would be incredibly stupid to set identical benchmarks for Asians and whites as they work toward the goal.

The GOAL for Asians and whites is IDENTICAL.

The irony in this topic is getting more and more humorous.

You said it perfectly. Seems smart.

Requiring all students to learn at the same pace no matter how ahead or behind they are is silly.

NO! I think most of us are wondering how you achieve HIGH standards, by lowering "benchmarks"

Asians are starting out at a higher place than whites. Therefore, it would be incredibly stupid to set identical benchmarks for Asians and whites as they work toward the goal.

Requiring all students to learn at the same pace no matter how ahead or behind they are is silly.

So you divide the population by race and expect higher standards from some than others.

Martin Luther King Jr. is rolling in his grave.

So you divide the population by race and expect higher standards from some than others.

I'm not sure what part of

the standards are the same

You can't seem to understand.

If the standards were the same, there would have been no reason for racial segregation.

Think about it.

You accuse someone of non sequitur and then follow with your own bifurcation fallacy?

LOL

lmmfao Bifurcation fallacy it was not.. How long have you been waiting to drop that little gem? I wasn't presenting that tidbit as viable argument just as Willow was not. I would not insult his/her intelligence by maintaining that they were being serious!

Sarcasm escapes you, my friend. Within the post was a giveaway that I took it with a grain of salt. As humor.

If the standards were the same, there would have been no reason for racial segregation.

Think about it.

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

LOL

lmmfao Bifurcation fallacy it was not.. How long have you been waiting to drop that little gem? I wasn't presenting that tidbit as viable argument just as Willow was not. I would not insult his/her intelligence by maintaining that they were being serious!

Sarcasm escapes you, my friend. Within the post was a giveaway that I took it with a grain of salt. As humor.

I point it out about every other day around here when Libtards use it.

You aren't much for making argument, are you, Amy?

Why not try the cooking forum?

There is nothing to argue. If you can't understand the difference between a benchmark and a standard, I can't help you.

Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary.

You are swallowing the PC nonsense. They have segregated their schools by race for the express purpose of lowering the acceptable performance expectations of blacks vis-a-vis Asians and white kids.

That is holding a black kid to a lower STANDARD, as the President of the Urban League stated in the article.

Sure, they want all racial groups to meet the same 'standard' 50 years or so from now. Until then, they lower the standard for black kids and use the euphemistic of them just having 'different benchmarks.'

OH I can help! The desired standard for all races is 100%. Blacks and Hispanics obviously need lower benchmarks but have to reach them at an accelerated rate in order to keep up..

Basically they have to improve disproportionately to achieve Florida's 6 year goals, knuckleheads, since there is currently no balance in education levels.

New Topics

Forum List

Back