So much for treating citizens equally

OH I can help! The desired standard for all races is 100%. Blacks and Hispanics obviously need lower benchmarks but have to reach them at an accelerated rate in order to keep up..

Basically they have to improve disproportionately to achieve Florida's 6 year goals, knuckleheads, since there is currently no balance in education levels.

From the article. These children are exempt from the 'benchmarks. '

Are these kids held to a different standard than the Asian kids?

'Economically disadvantaged students, students with disabilities and students who are learning English as a second language are exempt from the new benchmarks. '

All they have done is change the words to fit the agenda.

Instead of using 'goals' they are using the word 'standard.'

They do this so they can argue they are not lowering 'standards' when it is pointed out they are obiously lowering standards for minorities.

The word now used for standards? "benchmarks'.

LOL

All they have done is change the words to fit the agenda.

Instead of using 'goals' they are using the word 'standard.'

They do this so they can argue they are not lowering 'standards' when it is pointed out they are obiously lowering standards for minorities.

The word now used for standards? "benchmarks'.

LOL

What are you supposed to do when a population of people can't meet our benchmark? :eusa_silenced: I won't say it, but it might be the most fair thing to do.

-Black standards
-Black teachers
-Black principals

This way they can only blame themselves.

You aren't much for making argument, are you, Amy?

Why not try the cooking forum?

There is nothing to argue. If you can't understand the difference between a benchmark and a standard, I can't help you.

Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary.

You are swallowing the PC nonsense. They have segregated their schools by race for the express purpose of lowering the acceptable performance expectations of blacks vis-a-vis Asians and white kids.

That is holding a black kid to a lower STANDARD, as the President of the Urban League stated in the article.

Sure, they want all racial groups to meet the same 'standard' 50 years or so from now. Until then, they lower the standard for black kids and use the euphemistic of them just having 'different benchmarks.'

Apparently your school's standards were pretty low.

The idiot at the biased site who wrote the article conflated "standards" with "benchmarks", and you swallowed his piss instead of reading the actual Florida plan.

The standards are identical for everyone. All races.

The problem is that some races are currently ahead of others. Asians are ahead of whites, for example. So if someone is a mile ahead of you, it would be retarded to set a benchmark for the leader at a point that is a half mile ahead of you. They are already PAST that benchmark. However, it would be entirely sensible to measure your progress at a benchmark a half mile ahead of you.

The standard is to create a level playing field so that everyone has an equal opportunity to finish the race. That is completely different from the benchmarks.

Jesus, you people are flat out stupid.

Not in Florida...

New education standards approved this week in Florida set goals for public school student performance based on race and ethnicity — with lower benchmarks for African-American, Native American, and Hispanic students, and higher ones for white and Asian-American students.

Florida sets education standards based on race, ethnicity | The Daily Caller

So the progressive dream of equality is...bullshit?

Dividing by race is screwed up. I could see the reasoning if they tested all students and set education goals according to each student's current level. But what does it have to do with race? I get so tired of the assumption that minorities just aren't as smart and require more attention.

Each individual should be held to the same standards and if any students are behind, then obviously they need extra help.

Some schools even bus children all over the district to ensure that the "color" of the schools are balanced. I think parents should have more say in choosing schools and we don't need to manipulate things so much.

There is nothing to argue. If you can't understand the difference between a benchmark and a standard, I can't help you.

Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary.

You are swallowing the PC nonsense. They have segregated their schools by race for the express purpose of lowering the acceptable performance expectations of blacks vis-a-vis Asians and white kids.

That is holding a black kid to a lower STANDARD, as the President of the Urban League stated in the article.

Sure, they want all racial groups to meet the same 'standard' 50 years or so from now. Until then, they lower the standard for black kids and use the euphemistic of them just having 'different benchmarks.'

Apparently your school's standards were pretty low.

The idiot at the biased site who wrote the article conflated "standards" with "benchmarks", and you swallowed his piss instead of reading the actual Florida plan.

The standards are identical for everyone. All races.

The problem is that some races are currently ahead of others. Asians are ahead of whites, for example. So if someone is a mile ahead of you, it would be retarded to set a benchmark for the leader at a point that is a half mile ahead of you. They are already PAST that benchmark. However, it would be entirely sensible to measure your progress at a benchmark a half mile ahead of you.

The standard is to create a level playing field so that everyone has an equal opportunity to finish the race. That is completely different from the benchmarks.

Jesus, you people are flat out stupid.

You rambled and said nothing.

Not in Florida...

New education standards approved this week in Florida set goals for public school student performance based on race and ethnicity — with lower benchmarks for African-American, Native American, and Hispanic students, and higher ones for white and Asian-American students.

Florida sets education standards based on race, ethnicity | The Daily Caller

So the progressive dream of equality is...bullshit?

Dividing by race is screwed up. I could see the reasoning if they tested all students and set education goals according to each student's current level. But what does it have to do with race? I get so tired of the assumption that minorities just aren't as smart and require more attention.

Each individual should be held to the same standards and if any students are behind, then obviously they need extra help.

Some schools even bus children all over the district to ensure that the "color" of the schools are balanced. I think parents should have more say in choosing schools and we don't need to manipulate things so much.

This is racial segregation and discriminatory.

Period.

Forum List

Back