So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

You are able to reduce the tax you pay by not buying stupid shit.
Bullshit. Lower income people spend ALL of their income...while people making over $150,000 spend only half

So who gets to make those spending decisions?

Not the poor or middle class

Bullshit. Lower income people spend ALL of their income...while people making over $150,000 spend only half

So who gets to make those spending decisions?

Not the poor or middle class

Which is why the necessities like food clothing and prescription drugs need to be exempt from the tax.

The so called poor will take home more money and not have to pay more than they do now for necessities.

Therefore they will have more money at the end of the month not less and they can decide what to do with that extra money every month.

Most Americans pay social security on every dollar they earn. The wealthy stop paying after about $150,000 earned. This is why those who can take their compensation through other means. That should end immediately.

The more you make up to $150k the less likely you are to collect what you put in because of the cap on monthly SS checks. I likely paid in more than I will ever get back. Do you think they are going to raise the cap if they begin taxing money over $150k? I can assure you they won’t. What you want is welfare.

Not everyone can be a doctor, lawyer or stockbroker, trust fund punk. If they did who would you look down your little snotnose at?

I have worked for minimal wage in my life.

I decided that making more money was better. I improved my skills and made more money.

If you don't make that decision then don't bitch to me.

Still...nobody can give a good reason why the rich stop paying SS taxes at a certain point and the rest of us do not.

When liberals speak of "fair share" this is object lesson 1.

Still...nobody can give a good reason why the rich stop paying SS taxes at a certain point and the rest of us do not.

When liberals speak of "fair share" this is object lesson 1.

Because the maximum benefit is capped at something like 2300 a month

Everyone makes the decision of how much of their income they spend.
Some choose wisely, some do not.
Apparently everyone you know is pretty fucking well off.

The majority of people spend all of their income

You still might try, probably not, but I will ask you to put the context of your message in perspective.

Shit like........the Rich pay 80% of all taxes......well no shit.
But in reality, they should be paying what fair share.

Your logic is flawed and you know it.
But keeping the (R) base dumbed down, THAT IS THE AGENDA>
When people say "fair share" they never explain what a "fair share" is. :rolleyes-41:
The bottom 50%....do they pay their "fair share"?
Shouldn't everyone have skin in the game? No?

Winco, we don't have the government you wish we had.
Speaking of dumbed down...your masters have you at that level,
read your posts, parrot

And you think that is no problematic?
Yes why should a person contribute more than what's needed to result in the maximum payment?

If X dollars in contributions are needed to fund 2300 a month from age 65 to 90 why should anyone be forced to pay in more than X dollars?

Yes why should a person contribute more than what's needed to result in the maximum payment?

If X dollars in contributions are needed to fund 2300 a month from age 65 to 90 why should anyone be forced to pay in more than X dollars?
Are you under the impression that the only people receiving Social Security are from 65 to 90 years old?

Every time bripat9643 makes a post. That is when bripat9643 is wrong.
I'm sorry that you don't see this yourself.

SS is a ponzi scheme is a RW CT.
(Do I need to spell that out for you)?
You failed to prove that SS is not a Ponzi scheme. Simply claiming I'm wrong doesn't prove a thing, shit for brains. It fits every criteria of a Ponzi scheme. It can only pay beneficiaries by taking money from non-eligible "subscribers." Ergo - Ponzi scheme.

Because when you can't do Math, you have to rely of FAKE NEWS from the Right to help you fit your agenda. Correct bripat9643
The problem for you is that I can do math. There is no way Social Security ban pay current beneficiaries without new revenues from current payors into the system. Ergo - ponzi scheme.

Are you invested in SS?
Are you paying in?
Are you collecting?

Don't deflect, just tell us your current $$$$ collection/payment on SS.

Me, I'm not eligible to collect SS.
I have paid in for 40 years.
I will collect in 2 years when I turn 62.
I have paid in $139,000 so far.
If I collect at 62, I will get $2,050 per month (that is what my statement says)

$2,050 per month plus COLA, means 68.3 months collecting recovers my contribution.
(Of course minus all possible interest) but 6 years of collecting makes back my contribution.
20 years of collecting, and I come out way ahead.

Does the math make sense to you lil' guy?
You proved nothing. Everything you posted is perfectly consistent with a Ponzi scheme.

The ‘Tax the Rich’ dress designer whom @AOC went to the Met Gala with:
• Owes $103,220 in back taxes
• Received $41,666 in PPP
• Has ‘legions’ of unpaid interns
• Owes $62,722 in workers comp
• Still found $250,000 for a table at the Met Gala

1632065681132.png

I favor a flat tax where corporations pay the same rate as individuals but the argument cited by the OP never impressed me. The fallacy I see is that it's based on "taxable income". With thousand upon thousand pages of tax code defining what is determined to be taxable income, I have no confidence in the basis of the derived percentages.

Forum List

Back