So it looks like........there is no such thing as a platonic friendship between a man and woman

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Its a woman I used to work with years ago and we reconnected on FB. So she appears to have a crush on me but I am not ready to date right now just friends. But I do like talking to her on the phone and hanging out but not the romance stuff. So i am willing to hang out and go to dinner but no intimacy since it will make her want me more

Why can't she keep me as a platonic friend and look for another guy? I mean as long as we are not fucking in my place what is the problem? So this is not a friends with benefits just two grown people who enjoy each other company.

You're weird, man.

she is not my type and what would be the point in being intimate when she already has a crush on me? I rather keep it platonic and do things outdoors. Plus I need a female friend with a car who I can treat to dinner to take me to certain places for shopping since I don't drive

`
Strange. I'm friends with many married men whose wives have no problem with them spending the day (or over night) camping. hunting, canoeing or just helping me out around the place. We can joke and tease but it never goes beyond that. We are all just friends.

`
Strange. I'm friends with many married men whose wives have no problem with them spending the day (or over night) camping. hunting, canoeing or just helping me out around the place. We can joke and tease but it never goes beyond that. We are all just friends.
That is a rarity.

Most married women avoid having unmarried female friends around their husbands, Because no matter how innocent the situation appears to be. The chance of infidelity breaking up their marriage in the long run is high. ... :cool:

`
That is a rarity.

Most married women avoid having unmarried female friends around their husbands, Because no matter how innocent the situation appears to be. The chance of infidelity breaking up their marriage in the long run is high. ... :cool:

Ask me how I know hubby's name is not Mike Pence. :aargh:

Men avoid having unmarried female friends around their husbands, Because no matter how innocent the situation appears to be. The chance of infidelity breaking up their marriage in the long run is high. ... :cool:
`
I know all their wives and am friends with them too, all of them are neighbors, married a long time and most are a lot older than me. Survival in the sticks requires a certain level of trust not found in urban areas.

Men avoid having unmarried female friends around their husbands, Because no matter how innocent the situation appears to be. The chance of infidelity breaking up their marriage in the long run is high. ... :cool:
I know all their wives and am friends with them too, all of them are neighbors, married a long time and most are a lot older than me. Survival in the sticks requires a certain level of trust not found in urban areas.
`
There is one other small thing....most of them think I'm a lesbian...I'm actually bisexual but that doesn't seem to register. It doesn't bother me none.

`

I have a married female friend but she is out of state. It just would be nice to have a local platonic friend for things like brunch or dinner. Or if I need to go clothes shopping or checking out a new movie in the theather

Forum List

Back