So is the new moderation thing

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Going to be about certain mods standing by while their socks and other trolls flood all the protected forums with garbage?

Because that's what it has been looking like the past few days.

I've had no choice to conclude that USMB has no section wherein are upheld the standards of debate to which I had to adhere in high school and collegiate forensic debate competitions. Accordingly, I agree with your sentiment, OP. USMB does not need to be like Twitter; Twitter does a very fine job of being Twitter. Whatever happens to boost the rigor of content posted here is, AFAIC, a good thing.

After all, what does it matter to know that some strangers concur with one? What's important is whether someone has germanely substantive points that one had not considered in the context of a given topic. FWIW, vastly superior discussion does happen at at least one other place on the Internet, but the conversations don't have the relative immediacy USMB does.

I recently observed that there are ways for people to post well over 140 characters of content on Twitter. Thus the brevity limitation typically associated with tweets isn't a reason for other venues to exist as "pseudo-Twitters" or as "Twitter on steroids."

Going to be about certain mods standing by while their socks and other trolls flood all the protected forums with garbage?

Because that's what it has been looking like the past few days.
New?

Forum List

Back