so is anyone paying the hundred for the mayweather mcgregor fight

I just don't like Mayweather's style of boxing. Fighting a defensive fight, is just too pussy to me.

I agree, but that is the skill that doesn't fall away with age. And he's fought some amazingly strong offensive fighters that spent years perfecting their boxing craft and made them look like they were just flailing around at him pointlessly.

The ONLY way I see Mayweather losing this fight is he stops trying to win it and starts trying to show off and gets dropped by a lucky shot. But a LOT of great boxers have taken a LOT of lucky shots and haven't won, so I don't think a rookie to the sport will.

But it works and you know Conor is going to be going for the kill with every punch, lol.
I would've loved to see Mayweather fight a young Roberto Duran.
And Sugar Ray Leonard.

Yeah and there is a new boxer out of Mexico in that light weight range who is really good, pound for pound.

Oh, wait, my bad, THEY ALREADY DID FIGHT AND MAYWEATHER WON! lol

Seriously, here is a more technical analysis of Mayweather vrs a southpaw of McGregors style.

The question is, can McGregor match up well to use inside footwork to counter Mayweathers slide to the right and back off tactics, as well as the handwork avoiding being cliched by Mayweather in the corners.

I seriously doubt it. McGregor is going to fight like he always does in MMA; going for the knock out left because he cannot kick in this fight.

Besides all that, I think McGregor is going to have hydration issues as he has been struggling to get down to weight. He is not going to have his normal energy in this fight because of it. How much less, I dont know. There are ways of getting around this problem, but I dont know if Mc\Gregor is going to bother with it. He is more of a fighter than an analytic mind.

Here is an analysis of McGregor's fighting style to counter his opponents tactics.

McGregor is going to find that very difficult to do in a DIFFERENT GAME.

He is going to try and catch Mayweather in the corner and pound him and that is exactly what Mayweather wants as Mayweather outthinks McGregor and puts poor ole Connor down with repeated combinations and counter punches.

I would say it would be an interesting fight if Connor was a professional boxer. But he is not so I kind of feel like this is just a payday for the two of them.

If the fight goes past two rounds, it will be Mayweathers fight, either by him outboxing Connor or Mayweather wins on points due to Connor not being a proboxer. Connor might be a genius fighter, but Mayweather is the master.

If so may be you need help
The last fight I paid 80 bucks to see, after inviting everyone over to watch it on our big screen tv...which was huge back in the day......was watching Tyson spend less than 8 minutes in a round biting off Holyfield's fuckin ear.....never paid for another tv event since then. LOLOLOLOL

That was the last boxing match I paid for as well.
Although I have paid for a shitload of MMA fights over the years.
I'll pay for this one just because it's an unusual event.....and I hope to see McGregor kick the living shit out of Mayweather.

I'll pay for this one just because it's an unusual event.....and I hope to see McGregor kick the living shit out of Mayweather.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, as it has that kind of Jerry Springer appeal to it.

Last and only fight I paid for was Tyson vs. McNeeley in Tyson's first fight back from prison.

I used to watch a lot on HBO and Showtime, and would go to friends houses or restaurants to see them at times, but that's the only one I spent more than a little cover charge for or brought beer for.

I would love to watch McGregor beat Mayweather. I'd also love to see Tim Tebow be a better NFL QB than Tom Brady. I don't see either happening though.

If so may be you need help
The last fight I paid 80 bucks to see, after inviting everyone over to watch it on our big screen tv...which was huge back in the day......was watching Tyson spend less than 8 minutes in a round biting off Holyfield's fuckin ear.....never paid for another tv event since then. LOLOLOLOL
So your saying for $80 You got to watch what's probably the most infamous fight of all time, live? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Three things McGregor has to do to have any chance at all of winning this fight:

1) Tighten up security on his family and entourage. The bookies have already hired operators to fuck with McGregors head by making him insecure and distracted outside the ring, I am fairly sure. Boxing is probably THE most corrupt sport in the world.

2) Study Mayweathers fights against Southpaws and learn what Mayweather does in those fights better than Mayweather. Develop counter moves that Mayweather has not seen before; McGregor has to think outside the traditional box to have a chance with this one.

3) Fight defensive boxers for a solid month to get the MMA reflexes out of his head. It would be great if he could find some boxers that fights like Mayweather and fight them over and over every day til he pukes vomit that looks like Mayweather's face in his mind.

IF he does these things, he might be able to win on a good counter punch or a deep hook stepping to his left to catch Mayweather's head dipping away.

He cant just push Mayweather into the ropes or corner and pound him. That is Mayweathers preferred territory from all I have seen and if McGregor does this he will lose.

What do I think given the circumstances that odds are best put at? I'd say about 4 to 1 in favor of Mayweather.

Last and only fight I paid for was Tyson vs. McNeeley in Tyson's first fight back from prison.

I used to watch a lot on HBO and Showtime, and would go to friends houses or restaurants to see them at times, but that's the only one I spent more than a little cover charge for or brought beer for.

I would love to watch McGregor beat Mayweather. I'd also love to see Tim Tebow be a better NFL QB than Tom Brady. I don't see either happening though.
I remember that fight. McNeely took a legendary beating. I was shocked at the punishment he was able to take.

I remember that fight. McNeely took a legendary beating. I was shocked at the punishment he was able to take.
Being a punching bag probably is not the best way to win a fight, lol.

What do I think given the circumstances that odds are best put at? I'd say about 4 to 1 in favor of Mayweather.

I don't know. I wouldn't even go that far. Defense is his trademark and has been for a while and he's beaten some really good fighters with that, and that's the skill least likely to slip away.

I mean Berto was what? 30 years old, 30-3 record, WBO title holder at the time of his fight against Mayweather and that was a complete joke. Mayweather even with injuring his hand in the 9th just dominated that fight and you could make an argument he won every round. Berto landed what? 30 power punches in 12 rounds? Less than half his normal rate at that time?

His fight 2 years ago against Pacquiao was after Pac had just whooped Timothy Bradley (his first loss). And one of the finest combo punchers in the sport couldn't land anything of note.

If these guys fought 50 times maybe maybe McGregor pulls off a lucky punch once or twice. But I don't think his odds are any better than that.

The track record of Mayweather's huge number of wins would suggest that either you can win a fight without throwing a punch (unlikely I agree) or Mayweather is just so fast yo cant see the punches, roflmao.

I hope you have not put much money down for a McGregor win; Connor is going to be beat badly. He will lose all kinds of points from doing things legal in MMA but not in boxing,in all likelihood as he gets frustrated trying to knock out Floyd.

And besides all that, this is merely a big payday for the two and more professional wrestling than a real fight. And neither one wants the bookies mad at them due to a McGregor win.
Conner McGregor is going to make Mayweather his bitch. He's going to come into the ring with no plan, no boxing style and just beat Mayweather's ass.

The track record of Mayweather's huge number of wins would suggest that either you can win a fight without throwing a punch (unlikely I agree) or Mayweather is just so fast yo cant see the punches, roflmao.

I hope you have not put much money down for a McGregor win; Connor is going to be beat badly. He will lose all kinds of points from doing things legal in MMA but not in boxing,in all likelihood as he gets frustrated trying to knock out Floyd.

And besides all that, this is merely a big payday for the two and more professional wrestling than a real fight. And neither one wants the bookies mad at them due to a McGregor win.
Conner McGregor is going to make Mayweather his bitch. He's going to come into the ring with no plan, no boxing style and just beat Mayweather's ass.

I hope thats sarcasm.
As much as I wanna see Mcgregor whoop the the shit out of Gayweather I just dont see it happening.

But I'll definitely pay for the possibility of seeing it happen.....

If Mayweather doesn't win, he will scream racism and demand the title. That's why he's not training. He's hanging out at his strip club instead. He knows he has the fight in the identity bag.

If Mayweather doesn't win, he will scream racism and demand the title. That's why he's not training. He's hanging out at his strip club instead. He knows he has the fight in the identity bag.

I love how the camps are working this. It's like taking a page right out of the Kimbo Slice hype train.

Mayweather and his camp putting out that he's old and no longer a good boxer. Their camp putting out about how he's partying. McGregor and Maggliano getting together and putting out 10 seconds of video of McGregor looking like a real boxer and their "feud" to try to make it seem like he's a real boxer.

Really smart on their part to try and make this believable that McGregor can win.

Floyd will win in a TKO due to stoppage from chopping Coner up. After 2, Floyd will adopt this strategy. He knows how to twist a punch and cut.

Forum List

Back