So How Will Medicare For All Prevent This?

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
Dr. Farid Fata, a prominent cancer doctor in Michigan, admitted in court to intentionally and wrongfully diagnosing healthy people with cancer. Fata also admitted to giving them chemotherapy drugs for the purpose of making a profit. The cancer doctor’s guilty plea shocked many in the courtroom, according to The Detroit Free Press. Fata owned Michigan Hematology Oncology, which had multiple offices throughout Detroit’s suburbs. Fata’s reach included offices in Clarkston, Bloomfield Hills, Lapeer, Sterling Heights, Troy, and Oak Park, Michigan. The doctor stated his plea in the absence of a plea deal and with tearful eyes, according to CBS News.

“It is my choice,” Fata said on Tuesday of his guilty plea.

In the Detroit courtroom, the cancer doctor named numerous, dangerous drugs that he prescribed to his patients. With each admittance he stated, “I knew that it was medically unnecessary.”

Read more at Prominent Michigan Cancer Doctor Pleads Guilty 8216 I Knew That It Was Medically Unnecessary 8217

Prominent Michigan Cancer Doctor Pleads Guilty 8216 I Knew That It Was Medically Unnecessary 8217

So how does removing profit at the organizational level eliminate profit at the individual level? That's the problem.

"So How Will Medicare For All Prevent This?"

This fails as a red herring fallacy, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with the merits of expanding Medicare coverage, and in no way 'undermines' advocacy of expanding Medicare coverage.

"So How Will Medicare For All Prevent This?"

This fails as a red herring fallacy, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with the merits of expanding Medicare coverage, and in no way 'undermines' advocacy of expanding Medicare coverage.

It shows the complete lack of effective oversight in this government program. How could one doctor get away with this massive fraud if there was a set of controls in place?

Forum List

Back