So exactly when is inflation no longer transitory?

Just as a point of information, price increase is only one single symptom of inflation. Of course, price increases aren't the only consequences of inflation that diminishes the average American's standard of living. That's even taking into consideration the fact that they manipulate the CPI by using chained CPI.

All chained CPI does is purposefully and strategically understate inflation's efect on the standard of living of average Americans.

Other effects of inflation are market distortion, distortion of economic signals which result in bubbles, booms and busts.

Those who are well-connected always receive all of that newly created currency before the new currency causes widespread price increases.

Quantative easing only keeps stock prices artificially high. For instance, people who were struggling after that '08 screwery didn't beneft from any of it.

The inflation also benefits the big spending politicians, since the Fed's purchasing of federal debt keeps debt servicing costs kind of maneagable, it is very unlikely that the Fed will reduce its purchasing of Treasuries or permit interest rate to increase, regardless of what nonsense Powell is popping off about with regard to tapering off on the purchases. Particularly given that the progressives want him replaced with some climate change/systematic racism focused muppet. Powell isn't gonna disagree with Biden on much of anything based on that alone.

Anyway. Inflation itself is the act of currency creation by the Fed. It inflates the currency supply.

That's all I have to say about it.

Last edited:
The term "transitory" is obviously being used to try and down play the severity of the problem.

So my question is simple. How long before it is no longer transitory?

1 month, 6 months, a year?

Inflation is normal after any pandemic, the whole globe is in inflation, thus the world starts turning again. It will take some time for things to get back to normal.
Thank you for that.

Would you like to actually answer the question?

The term "transitory" is obviously being used to try and down play the severity of the problem.

The term 'transitory' is nothing more than an excuse being tossed out there by the Fed in order to justify delaying the increase of interest rates.

The reason they want to put off raising the interest rates is because raising the interest rates would cause the federal government's interest payments to rise to a point of unsustainability.

One of the ways that the Fed increases the currency supply (inflation) is by purchasing U.S. Treasury securities. While this artificially lowers interest rates, it also increases the demand for the U.S. government's debt, which keeps he federal government's borrowing costs low(ish). Unfortunately, the inflation of currency also increases federal spending and deficits. The Fed has been monetizing federal debt extremely aggressively during this whole covid thing and doubling its Treasury securities holdings

So, yeah. To answer your question, they're just blowing smoke up our rear ends. Few people understand how this stuff works and the media likes to keep it that way just because all they're really doing is running interference for the practice anyway. Both sides of the party-of-one are actually guilty of the practice, so its never really thoroughly discussed in the mainstream. We get weasel words like 'transitory'' and the nwe get a ghood bullshit story to follow.

They're just delaying the raising of interest rates for the purpose of keeping the federal governments interest payments lower is all they're doing.

The whole ''transitory' language and that whole narative are nothing more than weasel words.

Nothing's gonna change. Not for them anyway. The working middle class, though. That's a different story.

The term 'transitory' is nothing more than an excuse being tossed out there by the Fed in order to justify delaying the increase of interest rates.

The reason they want to put off raising the interest rates is because raising the interest rates would cause the federal government's interest payments to rise to a point of unsustainability.

One of the ways that the Fed increases the currency supply (inflation) is by purchasing U.S. Treasury securities. Whie this lowers interest rates, it also increases the deamand for the U.S. government's debt, which keeps he federal government's borrowing costs low(ish). Unfortunately, the inflation of currency also increases federal spending and deficits. The Fed has been monetizing federal debt aggressively during this whole covid thing and doubling its Treasury securities holdings

So, yeah. To answer your question, they're just blowing smoke up our rear ends. Few people understand how this stuff works and the media likes to keep it that way jsut because all they;re really doing is running interference for the practice anyway. Bot hsides are actually guilty of the proactice, so its never really thoroughly discussed.

They're just delaying the raising of interest rates for the purpose of keeping the federal governments interest payments lower is all they're doing.

The whole ''transitory' language are nothing more than weasel words.
Thank you.

That is a well thought out response.

The second a Republican is President. Then it will immediately mean the economy is crashing.

Thank you.

That is a well thought out response.

YW. There's a few typos in there but it's just whuevs.

You know, just as an aside kind of thing, and placing that 28 trillion dollars worth of national debt aside, that isn't all the federal government actually owes.

But few ever acknowledge anything about that. We're certainly not going to hear anything about it from government or the talking heads on the boob toob. All we're gonna get from them are the same old weasel words and narratives in order to just keep kicking the same can down the road so it doesnlt all crash on their watches.

There's also that other 129 trillion dollars the federal government owes. Which brings the total debt to around 123 trillion dollars after we take into consideration the roughly 6 trillion it actually has on hand.

Screen Shot 100.jpg

About the source of the data: Truth in Accounting is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to educating and empowering citizens with understandable, reliable and transparent government financial information. To be knowledgeable participants in their government and its budget process, citizens need truthful and transparent financial information.

Last edited:

You know, just as an aside kind of thing, and placing that 28 trillion dollars worth of national debt aside, that isn't all the federal government actually owes.

But few ever acknowledge anything about that. We're certainly not going to hear anything about it from government or the talking heads on the boob toob. All we're gonna get from them are the same old weasel words and narratives in order to just keep kicking the same can down the road so it doesnlt all crash on their watches.

There's also that other 129 trillion dollars the federal government owes. Which brings the total debt to around 123 trillion dollars after we take into consideration the roughly 6 trillion it actually has on hand.

View attachment 551384

frightening as hell.

a couple of years ago my wfie and I decided to get out of debt. we have managed to pay off everything but our house, and its a pretty modest house.

no car notes, no credit cards. just a mortgage.

and we have a place in the country that's completely paid for. so when (not if) everything comes crashing down, we will be able to survive.

frightening as hell.

a couple of years ago my wfie and I decided to get out of debt. we have managed to pay off everything but our house, and its a pretty modest house.

no car notes, no credit cards. just a mortgage.

and we have a place in the country that's completely paid for. so when (not if) everything comes crashing down, we will be able to survive.

Best situation to be in, honestly. Very wise.

I think we're gonna see quite a bit of asset seizure in the near future. I think I had mentioned something about why some place around here some months ago. Forget where, though.

And now they want to know if you made a $600 transaction. Used to be reporting was anything over $10,000 as you may already know.

They're coming after the working class, there's no doubt about it.

It really is critical that folks get out of debt. The vampires are gonna be coming for blood in short order, I fear. Since this whole covid stuff suddenly popped up out of nowhere, people have effectively been systematically forced out of employment at the barrel of a government gun. They've fallen behind significantly. And they don't have a central bank to bail them out.

I paid off everything I own many years ago, thankfully.

View attachment 551384

About the source of the data: Truth in Accounting is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to educating and empowering citizens with understandable, reliable and transparent government financial information. To be knowledgeable participants in their government and its budget process, citizens need truthful and transparent financial information.

On top of this is the realization that the states and local jurisdictions are using the same tax base as the federal government. So we can add even MORE to the $129 trillion that US taxpayers are on the hook for.

Best situation to be in, honestly. Very wise.

I think we're gonna see quite a bit of asset seizure in the near future. I think I had mentioned something about why some place around here some months ago. Forget where, though.

And now they want to know if you made a $600 transaction. Used to be reporting was anything over $10,000 as you may already know.

They're coming after the working class, there's no doubt about it.

It really is critical that folks get out of debt. The vampires are gonna be coming for blood in short order, I fear. Since this whole covid stuff suddenly popped up out of nowhere, people have effectively been systematically forced out of employment at the barrel of a government gun. They've fallen behind significantly. And they don't have a central bank to bail them out.

I paid off everything I own many years ago, thankfully.
Im amazed daily at the people driving 50k+ vehicles. Those used to be reserved for people with a lot of money.
Now every Joe blow on the street is driving one and carrying a 700.00 - 1200.00 car note. ITS COMPLETELY INSANE.

Forum List

Back