So Benedict Perry Wants To Be President of The Union

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Gov. Perry Talks Secession for Texas at Tea Party: "Texas Can Leave Union If It Wants To"

GOP. Listen to Texas Gov. Rick Perry say:

Perry: Texas is a unique place. When we came into the Union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that.

We got a great Union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it, but if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that.

These republicans are talking treason in my mind. As soon as a Democratic president is inaugurated after conservatives led the charge and collapsed our economy, these freak show conservatives are now talking sucession. OH, Lord---help us all.

Gov. Perry Talks Secession for Texas at Tea Party: "Texas Can Leave Union If It Wants To" | Crooks and Liars

New Hampshire ("Life free or die") has an opt-out provision which goes back to their participation in the first edition of the federal union.

Not that long ago it was not impossible that they might exercise that.

But not now. New Hampshire is now majority owned by rich New York Democrats who buy luxurious homes and register to vote both there and back in Manhattan.

Vermont is the same but moreso.

Massachusetts is beyond all hope.

Maine has a little sanity left but RINO representation so it's clear that Liberalism IS a communicable social disease.

New Hampshire ("Life free or die") has an opt-out provision which goes back to their participation in the first edition of the federal union.

But not now. New Hampshire is now majority owned by rich New York Democrats who buy luxurious homes and register to vote both there and back in Manhattan.

Maine has a little sanity left but RINO representation so it's clear that Liberalism IS a communicable social disease.

Interesting, I've found that people who use the term RINO tend to lean quite far to the right.

It has nothing to do with ‘rich New York democrats,’ it’s simply un-Constitutional:

In a 5-to-3 decision, the Court held that Texas did indeed have the right to bring suit and that individuals such as White had no claim to the bonds in question. The Court held that individual states could not unilaterally secede from the Union and that the acts of the insurgent Texas legislature--even if ratified by a majority of Texans--were "absolutely null." Even during the period of rebellion, however, the Court found that Texas continued to be a state.

Texas v. White | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqldJNzbFzI&feature=related]Gov Perry: Texas Can Leave The Union If It Wants - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqldJNzbFzI&feature=related]Gov Perry: Texas Can Leave The Union If It Wants - YouTube[/ame]
So, show me where in the video you posted that he deliberately and categorically threatened to secede. This aught to be good.........
Oh and I guess you didn't read the sticky at the top of the sub-forum, the one that overtly (and categorically) states this is not a political sub-forum............ :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

Asked and answered numerous times:
1. The lie - Rick Perry threatened to secede.
The Truth - Politifact says "FALSE"

Here is the source - PolitiFact Texas | Rick Perry threatened to secede
.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqldJNzbFzI&feature=related"][/ame]

You should write a strongly worded letter to PolitiFact explaining how, in your opinion, saying "This is a great union and there is absolutely no reason to dissolve it." is tantamount to professing "I want to secede from the United States."

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

Interesting, same speech. I still only heard Texas had a condition when they joined the union that they could leave any time they wanted to and that if the Federal government can't or won't get it's act together then all options could be considered in the (undefined) future, "who knows" (yeah, I don't know the future either). Uuummmmm, other than anti Perry partisan hyperbole I still see no sign of any threat to actually secede.
Partisan politics as usual, go figure......... :dunno:

Oh and it was a "Talking Points Memo"..........

:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back