So, BDBoop.....

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
"Love is the answer to everything. It's the only reason to do anything. If you don't write stories you love, you'll never make it. If you don't write stories that other people love, you'll never make it." — Ray Bradbury

Thoughts?

"Love is the answer to everything. It's the only reason to do anything. If you don't write stories you love, you'll never make it. If you don't write stories that other people love, you'll never make it." — Ray Bradbury

Thoughts?

I don't know if it's the only reason, or even close. As far as other people, I think that's commercialization, right? I don't think you write 'true to yourself' if you're considering your audience/readers.

Thoughts?

I don't know if it's the only reason, or even close. As far as other people, I think that's commercialization, right? I don't think you write 'true to yourself' if you're considering your audience/readers.

The point is to get other people to love the things you love. Fahrenheit 451 is about as far the opposite of commercialization as it is possible to get, yet it strikes a cord with book lovers because it is about preserving books.

Last edited:
Thoughts?

I disagree with the commercialization motivation. For most writers, the story is the single most important thing, it simply has to be told. Having that story read is another matter completely.

However, any writer who has a following will know their audience because those who gravitate to that genre or style is the people that the writer is writing for.

It helps that one can make some coin doing it.

As to love. A story without love in it will not go very far. To My way of thinking, it IS the primary mover of storytelling.

well book lovers are taking a beating with nooks etc....and hell yes we are paranoid too...i still keep the classics...i never support book banning burning in any form..be it the quaran or the bible....

as for books....i love many books that are unlovable....

my mother died today. or maybe it was yesterday.....

many books are evil but are loved.....lets think de sade

Forum List

Back