Snowden vs. Manning.

One is a criminal defendant, the other a potential fugitive.

Both are presumed innocent, neither are ‘heroes.’

Snowden and Manning not withstanding, such acts are nothing more than civil liberties vigilantism, one may not take the law into his own hands, regardless how ‘noble’ the act may be perceived.

Apparently, 'one' may, at that. And I'm sure glad this 'one' did. Maybe you should find a country where people are more willing to kowtow to authority.

images

Snowden and Manning not withstanding, such acts are nothing more than civil liberties vigilantism, one may not take the law into his own hands, regardless how ‘noble’ the act may be perceived.

“But no one in official ranks would listen to or believe them,” whine many conservatives and libertarians.

That’s completely irrelevant, and not justification for violating the law.

To date, the PA, the NDAA, and FISA, among other laws and policies, have been subject to extensive judicial review. Aspects of the laws deemed by the courts to be un-Constitutional have been rewritten, revised, or removed; what remains or has not been subject to review is presumed to be Constitutional.

Current intelligence gathering programs are conducted under judicial supervision, that some believe such oversight is somehow ‘deficient’ is also irrelevant.

Ultimately the resolution to this controversy lies in the political and legislative process, not in the courts or the press or in the hands of irresponsible vigilantes.
Given that you'd pimp for the ruling class.

Chump.

Apparently, 'one' may, at that. And I'm sure glad this 'one' did. Maybe you should find a country where people are more willing to kowtow to authority.

We are also a nation of laws.

If you break them..even in doing something that you believe in..you should face the consequences.

You have to ask after seeing how the maker of the Islamic video was treated when he was made the Benghazi "squirrel"?

How did you want him to be treated?

He broke the law.

I'd like to see the Obama administration go completely apeshit on him, smear him mercilessly in the press, and come out as the neocon shitbags they are.

GO team!

Don't worry. They have and will again.

If you break them..even in doing something that you believe in..you should face the consequences.

Suddenly you're a 'law and order' kinda guy?

I gotta say, this issue is really outing the toadies.

Suddenly you're a 'law and order' kinda guy?

I gotta say, this issue is really outing the toadies.

Suddenly?

Feel free.

Find a post where I advocate for law breaking.

So, if one breaks "the law" (as defined by his non-disclosure agreement with his employer) to expose the FACT that the government is breaking "the law" (as defined by the US Constitution and precedent setting judicial decisions) he should be fried while the government continues to trample citizen's rights?

Methinks you just hate the exposure of treasonous fraud within the Obama administration.

Last edited:
You are such a phony. A man who spews the "c" word at women is a misogynist who is anti at least half of the population.

**Post cannot be seen because it is by a life support system for a ****.**

Just kidding.

I can see your post.

So, if one breaks "the law" (as defined by his non-disclosure agreement with his employer) to expose the FACT that the government is breaking "the law" (as defined by the US Constitution and precedent setting judicial decisions) he should be fried while the government continues to trample citizen's rights?

Methinks you just hate the exposure of treasonous fraud within the Obama administration.

Manning leaked all sorts of stuff about the Bush administration.

I said the exact same thing about him.

That he ought to be tried and punished.

You are such a phony. A man who spews the "c" word at women is a misogynist who is anti at least half of the population.

Just kidding.

I can see your post.

We know it is Patriot Act legal...the constitutionality has yet to be determined. Since the SCOTUS recently ruled that collecting your fucking DNA is A-Okay, you really think they're going to rule against a little "data mining"?

Just kidding.

I can see your post.

We know it is Patriot Act legal...the constitutionality has yet to be determined. Since the SCOTUS recently ruled that collecting your fucking DNA is A-Okay, you really think they're going to rule against a little "data mining"?
Suddenly, the pimps for the ruling class come crawling out of the woodwork!

Excellent!

If the Democrat shills defending this shit had souls at all, had any genuine liberal convictions beyond sheer, partisan desire for power, they'd be following Daniel Ellsberg's lead and welcoming this development as a wonderful opportunity to change things for the better.

But they don't. And they're not.

Last edited:

Just kidding.

I can see your post.

Manning leaked all sorts of stuff about the Bush administration.

I said the exact same thing about him.

That he ought to be tried and punished.
My point is that you seem to condone the admin's breaking of the law and condemn Snowden for exposing it.

Manning was a soldier who neglected his duty, Snowden was a civilian exercising his First Amendment rights.

Liberals, who wouldn't join the military on a bet, fail to discern the difference. They have a talent for conflation, anyway. I think that's at the root of their constant Bush did it , too carping.

Bill, a steelworker, walks away from a fight in a bar.

Joe, a soldier, walks away from a fight in a combat situation.

Liberals, being addled and reality challenged, would see no difference in the situations.

"They both did the same thing and deserve the same punishment," they cry, removing their thumbs from their mouths for a minute. "It ain't fair."

Forum List

Back