Smoking In Cars With Children

Nor did I. However, the air is much cleaner today then when I was a kid. As a boy, I don't recall knowing even one other kid with asthma.

A few years ago, when I helped coach a middle school sports team, there were quite a few of them.

Does it occur to anyone that not being exposed to enough germs and chemicals early in life will cause these conditions?

Most studies on second hand smoke show that children exposed to smoke develop less lung cancer later in life than kids who are not exposed to it. Could it be that some exposure is good to build up an immunity?

Mark
I dont think you can or should have to build up an immunity to rat poison or other chemicals. Of course your kid should play outside more which BTW is probably the reason kids develop more allergies now. Bad health also leads to other issues like diabetes too. Also kids dont drink breast milk as much either.

Smoke isn't rat poison. And tobacco smoke is no different than anything else that burns, contrary to what the anti's say.

Exposing a child to everyday life in all area's is probably the best way to bring up a child.

Soooo, a parent who smokes around a kid might be helping him. Who are we to say he's not?

BTW, your child does build up an immunity to almost every chemical in a household. Should exposing them to cleaning chemical also require a fine?

Mark
Its obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. Cigarettes are not merely tobacco leaves. The crap they put in cigarettes is the same poison used to kill rats along with some other unsavory ingredients. Dont let the for profit tobacco companies fool you.

No. Exposing a child to poison is not the best way to bring them up. Are you suggesting children should eat lead paint chips?

No. A parent smoking around a child is hurting them. I'm me and I know what cigarette smoke does to kids.

No. Children dont build up immunity to chemicals. They live a shorter pain filled life. Yes, If you force your child to sniff ammonia, paint glue etc you should be imprisoned.

Lol. They don't put battery acid and arsenic in tobacco. If you burn any material, like grass or wood, you will get the same chemicals.

Are you also against a child being exposed to any smoke at all, like an outdoor bar-b-que or campfire?
Nor did I. However, the air is much cleaner today then when I was a kid. As a boy, I don't recall knowing even one other kid with asthma.

A few years ago, when I helped coach a middle school sports team, there were quite a few of them.

Does it occur to anyone that not being exposed to enough germs and chemicals early in life will cause these conditions?

Most studies on second hand smoke show that children exposed to smoke develop less lung cancer later in life than kids who are not exposed to it. Could it be that some exposure is good to build up an immunity?

Mark
I dont think you can or should have to build up an immunity to rat poison or other chemicals. Of course your kid should play outside more which BTW is probably the reason kids develop more allergies now. Bad health also leads to other issues like diabetes too. Also kids dont drink breast milk as much either.

Smoke isn't rat poison. And tobacco smoke is no different than anything else that burns, contrary to what the anti's say.

Exposing a child to everyday life in all area's is probably the best way to bring up a child.

Soooo, a parent who smokes around a kid might be helping him. Who are we to say he's not?

BTW, your child does build up an immunity to almost every chemical in a household. Should exposing them to cleaning chemical also require a fine?

Mark
Its obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. Cigarettes are not merely tobacco leaves. The crap they put in cigarettes is the same poison used to kill rats along with some other unsavory ingredients. Dont let the for profit tobacco companies fool you.

No. Exposing a child to poison is not the best way to bring them up. Are you suggesting children should eat lead paint chips?

No. A parent smoking around a child is hurting them. I'm me and I know what cigarette smoke does to kids.

No. Children dont build up immunity to chemicals. They live a shorter pain filled life. Yes, If you force your child to sniff ammonia, paint glue etc you should be imprisoned.

599 Additives that Can Be Found In Cigarettes

Mark

Mark

You Dirty, Healthy Rat
You must have ingested a large amount of paint chips as a youth. No children shouldnt be exposed to bbq fires for the same reason. Good thing we dont have bbqs everyday 7-20 times a day.

Your website was amusing for having nothing to do with cigarettes. You do realize disease and dirt has nothing to do with chemicals and poison right?

It seems to me you are suggesting we kill people off until humans develop a tolerance for cigarettes. By all means go ahead and see how many of your descendants survive this theory of yours.

You can believe what you wish.

Mark

Another law? Another law with jail time? Heavy fines? :haha:

Don't pay the fine- win a bench warrant? Are you guys thinking this through?

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on this....

People who smoke cigarettes in cars with children could be hit with a $100 fine if legislation proposed by a Virginia House Republican becomes law

Corporal punishment seems more appropriate.

Yes, but cigarette smoke is very different than just tobacco.

See thy are so small that the tobacco kept falling out and people had to relight them and the burning tobacco that fell out was a fir hazard.

So the cigarette companies began lacing the tobacco together with tar. Real life tar, using it like rubber cement. And you are burning that and breathing it into your lungs.

They also are spiking the tobacco with extra nicotine so that you get hooked faster, harder and longer.

Cigarette manufacturers are some really hard core fuckers.

Implementation will be costly. I think there is this misconception that people will be able to pay but they won't. So, let's play this out. Mother wins a ticket for smoking in the car with five children. Let's say she was stopped before hand and got a good talking to. Mom can't pay the fine. The time is up and a bench warrant is issued. Mom gets stopped at 10:00 at night with the five children. There is no one to release the children to. Where do the children go? Mom gets nailed with fines on top of fines and is released after setting up a payment plan. Mom didn't have the money before. She doesn't have the money now. Another bench warrant is issued or it's sent to collections. Let's tally up total costs starting with the initial stop and the talking to.

Mark

Lol. They don't put battery acid and arsenic in tobacco. If you burn any material, like grass or wood, you will get the same chemicals.

Are you also against a child being exposed to any smoke at all, like an outdoor bar-b-que or campfire?

Mark

Mark

You Dirty, Healthy Rat
You must have ingested a large amount of paint chips as a youth. No children shouldnt be exposed to bbq fires for the same reason. Good thing we dont have bbqs everyday 7-20 times a day.

Your website was amusing for having nothing to do with cigarettes. You do realize disease and dirt has nothing to do with chemicals and poison right?

It seems to me you are suggesting we kill people off until humans develop a tolerance for cigarettes. By all means go ahead and see how many of your descendants survive this theory of yours.

You can believe what you wish.

Mark
I was going to do that anyway. Your idiocy was never going to sway me.

I grew up with all adults smoking in the car, grocery store even the hospital rooms..
Too funny that there was a smoking and non smoking area on the plane, like the smoke knew where to stop...lol

People who smoke cigarettes in cars with children could be hit with a $100 fine if legislation proposed by a Virginia House Republican becomes law

I think he's trying to give police another reason to be able to pull people over.

Maybe someone here can tell me why asthma and allergies have skyrocketed among children, while our air is cleaner than ever, and they are exposed to less cigarette smoke than ever.

I'm all ears.

Mark
Sounds like a logical fallacy. No one claimed cigarettes were the sole cause of allergies or asthma.

Mark

When I was a kid, women didn't have trouble getting pregnant. Now we have fertility clinics. Children are becoming sexually mature at a much younger age now. Both of those thing are directly attributable to what is now added to our food - especially meat.

They say smoking causes a lower birth weight and yet babies used to be much smaller than they are now. The parents of those children were smokers. IOW, its very likely that bigger babies are being born to non-smokers.

There is some truth to what you say but no one develops an immunity to most household chemicals. That's just hooey.

And to extrapolate what you or I have written to meaning children are not harmed by indoor (or outdoor) pollution, including cig smoke, is ridiculous.

Smoke all you want but you do not have the right to force others, of any age, to smoke.

One would think that parents would do what's best for their children without having to force them by passing laws.

I used to commute kids with a family who didn't use seat belts...but not for long. people can be stupid.

I used to see members of my own family who did not have their kids wear seat belts. One day, mother and kids in my car and the mother got angry because I refused to move the car until they were all belted in.

I remember a hospital patient who died. He was in his 30s, grossly and morbidly obese and very heavy smoker. After he was pronounced, I happened to walk past his family outside his room. They were all crying and hugging and asking "Why him? He was so young... "

:cuckoo:

Maybe someone here can tell me why asthma and allergies have skyrocketed among children, while our air is cleaner than ever, and they are exposed to less cigarette smoke than ever.

I'm all ears.

Mark
Sounds like a logical fallacy. No one claimed cigarettes were the sole cause of allergies or asthma.

Mark

When I was a kid, women didn't have trouble getting pregnant. Now we have fertility clinics. Children are becoming sexually mature at a much younger age now. Both of those thing are directly attributable to what is now added to our food - especially meat.

They say smoking causes a lower birth weight and yet babies used to be much smaller than they are now. The parents of those children were smokers. IOW, its very likely that bigger babies are being born to non-smokers.

There is some truth to what you say but no one develops an immunity to most household chemicals. That's just hooey.

And to extrapolate what you or I have written to meaning children are not harmed by indoor (or outdoor) pollution, including cig smoke, is ridiculous.

Smoke all you want but you do not have the right to force others, of any age, to smoke.

Do you have the right to subject them to car exhaust fumes or cookout flames?

Mark

I think it makes as much sense as fining parents who don't buckle their children in.

It is a safety and health issue.

I think it makes as much sense as fining parents who don't buckle their children in.

It is a safety and health issue.

What do you think about school busses?

Forum List

Back