Smokin' supper...mmm....

It's cruel how we can't share the delicious foods posted in this thread. :eusa_drool:

The only smoked food I've tried were smoked trout from a family friend.

All that delicious smoked pork. All we need is More Bacon.

I agree. And maybe some spicy sweet BBQ sauce, hmm? Mm...

I'm rather partial to Rudy's from Texas...it's more tangy than sweet. For sweet sauce, Everett & Jones Super Q totally rocks!

I've never tried those, but now I'll be checking the local Pick-N-Save for them. :D

A weird thought crossed my mind about using a toddy coffee maker to make a unique kind of BBQ sauce. I've heard the original BBQ sauce from San Francisco is pretty good, as well.

I'm rather partial to Rudy's from Texas...it's more tangy than sweet. For sweet sauce, Everett & Jones Super Q totally rocks!

I've never tried those, but now I'll be checking the local Pick-N-Save for them. :D

A weird thought crossed my mind about using a toddy coffee maker to make a unique kind of BBQ sauce. I've heard the original BBQ sauce from San Francisco is pretty good, as well.

I've never heard of the original BBQ sauce from San Francisco....

I tried smoking bacon, it just did not do me right left a bad taste in my mouth. I know a place that gets it right and has the most delicious hickory flavor. I just hope they do not succumb to the pressure of a certain few, if you know what I mean.;)

I tried smoking bacon, it just did not do me right left a bad taste in my mouth. I know a place that gets it right and has the most delicious hickory flavor. I just hope they do not succumb to the pressure of a certain few, if you know what I mean.;)

I like bacon wrapped things on the grill, and agree that low and slow smoked bacon isn't the best idea.

But as a general rule, everything goes better with bacon.

I like bacon wrapped things on the grill, and agree that low and slow smoked bacon isn't the best idea.

If there is no bacon I do not want to live. I had bacon flavored gummy bears about a month ago and you know what? I loved them! I treated myself to bacon wrapped scallops, the smoky flavor from the bacon gave those babies a nice little zing with each bite.

If there is no bacon I do not want to live. I had bacon flavored gummy bears about a month ago and you know what? I loved them! I treated myself to bacon wrapped scallops, the smoky flavor from the bacon gave those babies a nice little zing with each bite.

mr. boe bought some bacon flavored salt water taffy when we were on a long weekend last year. It was delish!

mr. boe bought some bacon flavored salt water taffy when we were on a long weekend last year. It was delish!

That sounds very nice for you and your beau, Mr. boe. The weekend of fun and frolic can only have been made better with that ever present bacony taffy.

Have y'all tried these yet?

Posted this on 2011:

Atomic Buffalo Turds...or A.B.T's for short...don't blame me for the name, I'm not responsible.

This is another outdoor grill recipe.

Here are mine ready for the grill.

IMAG0049.jpg

It took 7 jalapenos
7 strips of bacon
7 little smokies
1 package cream cheese
3 Tablespoons diced onion
Spice of your choice

In the blender mix onions, little smokies and cream cheese.
Cut jalapenos in half longways, deseed and remove "white meat".
Add whatever jalapeno "white meat" you prefer for heat to cream cheese mixture and blend.
Fill jalapeno halves with cream chese mixture.
Cut bacon into 2 six inch pieces.
Wrap jalapenos with bacon.
Smoke over indirect heat 225-250 degrees for 80 minute.
I used one handful of hickory chips over 18 briquettes per side.

And after an hour and 20 minutes:

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

These were terrific..:eusa_drool:!​

Atomic Buffalo Turds... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:

Posted this on 2011:

Atomic Buffalo Turds...or A.B.T's for short...don't blame me for the name, I'm not responsible.

IMAG0049.jpg

It took 7 jalapenos
7 strips of bacon
7 little smokies
1 package cream cheese
Spice of your choice

Cut jalapenos in half longways, deseed and remove white meat.
Add whatever white meat you prefer for heat to cream cheese mixture and blend.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

That looks delicious! That looks hard to make.

Posted this on 2011:

IMAG0049.jpg

It took 7 jalapenos
7 strips of bacon
7 little smokies
1 package cream cheese
Spice of your choice

Cut jalapenos in half longways, deseed and remove white meat.
Add whatever white meat you prefer for heat to cream cheese mixture and blend.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

I am going to try those!

I always make my own. That way I control what goes in it, and I can put my favorite mixture of spices, etc.

I posted a recipe for ribs with a cherry barbecue glaze, and it is so delicious! If you like cooking, you should try making your own sauce. It's really easy. Foodnetwork.com has lots of different recipes to try! :tongue:

Posted this on 2011:

IMAG0049.jpg

It took 7 jalapenos
7 strips of bacon
7 little smokies
1 package cream cheese
Spice of your choice

Cut jalapenos in half longways, deseed and remove "white meat".
Add whatever jalapeno "white meat" you prefer for heat to cream cheese mixture and blend.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

You are quite the chef!

Even though this says St. Louis style ribs, tonight we're making Tennessee style ribs.

IMAG0268-1_zps5189aef2.jpg

I'm following this video exactly, we'll see how it turns out

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Phrr9_eHr7s[/MEDIA]"]Memphis Spare Ribs recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

First I rubbed the ribs...I used GrillMates Pork Rub...and then refrigerated them for 3 hours.

IMAG0269-1_zpsfc123cc9.jpg

As I prepared the grill, I patted on some light brown sugar an a little more rub.
IMAG0270-1_zps2f152750.jpg

I cleaned the grill and, while waiting for the temperature to stabilize, I whipped up the mop...

IMAG0271-1_zpsb8d34b0e.jpg

Interesting. Carolina style sauce, eh? I figgered you for St. Louis style kinda guy.

Forum List

Back