Smoked cream cheese?

My buddy did it a couple weeks ago. I didnt try it but he said he and everyone else loved it.
Bought some sort of expensive pita chips to dip it with

Now that i think about it, technically I have. Sometimes when i make stuffed peppers, I smoke them instead of just grilling. And i really like it!

Cream cheese melts at around 130 degrees.
Do you place in a container?
That's what I thought too. But it appears to hold it's shape. The consistency though was compared to "marshmallow fluff". The only appreciable external change is the block has a tendency to crack.

The sites I have read say they just put it on tinfoil with the edges turned up

Going to have to try it.
The Wife loves cream cheese!
Read the second article...the author talks about his experience eating it hot vs cold and which rub was superior in both situations.

Can't wait to hear your opinion.

It would be a wonderful side to throw on with a long smoke for an afternoon snack.

Read the second article...the author talks about his experience eating it hot vs cold and which rub was superior in both situations.

Can't wait to hear your opinion.

It would be a wonderful side to throw on with a long smoke for an afternoon snack.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.
Throw on a couple racks of ribs and the cream cheese.
The cheese will be done way before the ribs so it would make a good snack.

In my mind I think cold would be best but ya never know.
It would probably pair well with some smoked salmon on a cracker.

Smoked cheeses have been a thing for a long time now.
Cold smoking is the best way to do cheeses and seafood. (Scallops, salmon, trout, kippers, and whatever)

Also your slim Jim's and other sorts of meat snacks are cold smoked for hours to get them to dry out.

But cheeses regularly smoked are:
Mozzarella, Gouda, cheddar, provalone, chevre, and goat. Cream cheese? Ok...

Forum List

Back