Smithsonian: How to Talk with Evangelicals about Evolution

I'm pretty sure I demonstrated your Theory of Evolution with respect to how life first started is mathematically impossible
No, as I said several times but you are too dim to understand..
or rather refuse to acknowledge because you have NO OTHER points..

You already lost on ODDS because your Failed to be able to enumerate the amount of chances there were to overcome them.
Also, as I said, even your simpleton math was wrong because of molecular tendencies.

Rational Wiki
Argument from Incredulity (FALLACY)

"...Contrary to the instincts of many creationists, lack of an explanation does not justify confecting whatever explanation one would prefer. The inexplicable is just that, and does not justify speculation as proof.

Sometimes creationists compute the astronomical odds against a molecule having a certain structure from the simple probability of n atoms arranging themselves so. They gloss over the fact that chemical laws trim most of the extraneous possibilities away. For instance, there are many ways to theoretically arrange hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms in a molecule, but in reality, most of what forms is H2O. Note that the creationist's fundamental error is not his ignorance of this fact, but the assumption that there is nothing more to know.".."

Argument from incredulity - RationalWiki

rationalwiki.org
rationalwiki.org

`

I'm pretty sure I demonstrated your Theory of Evolution with respect to how life first started is mathematically impossible

You already lost on ODDS because your Failed to be able to enumerate the amount of chances there were to overcome them.
Also, as I said, even your simpleton math was wrong because of molecular tendencies.

Rational Wiki

"...Contrary to the instincts of many creationists, lack of an explanation does not justify confecting whatever explanation one would prefer. The inexplicable is just that, and does not justify speculation as proof.

Sometimes creationists compute the astronomical odds against a molecule having a certain structure from the simple probability of n atoms arranging themselves so. They gloss over the fact that chemical laws trim most of the extraneous possibilities away. For instance, there are many ways to theoretically arrange hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms in a molecule, but in reality, most of what forms is H2O. Note that the creationist's fundamental error is not his ignorance of this fact, but the assumption that there is nothing more to know.".."

rationalwiki.org
rationalwiki.org

`

Is it your supposition that cells were created by random interactions of their component parts, yes or no?

Rational Wiki

rationalwiki.org
rationalwiki.org

`

Hey, why don't you, Toddsterpatriot, toobfreak and Fort Fun Indiana tell us again that instances of abiogenesis are events that could actually be observed or demonstrated someday. That was a real hoot!

I'm pretty sure I demonstrated your Theory of Evolution with respect to how life first started is mathematically impossible.
And of course you posted no odds on a god because there are none.
Unlike abiogenesis and Evo, there is no evidence there is a god, no pre-existing raw material, no odds of ... NOTHING.

`

I'm pretty sure I demonstrated your Theory of Evolution with respect to how life first started is mathematically impossible.
Unlike abiogenesis and Evo, there is no evidence there is a god, no pre-existing raw material, no odds of ... NOTHING.

`

Is it your supposition that cells were created by random interactions of their component parts, yes or no?

`

What's the evidence for abiogenesis? :popcorn:

Hey, I know, why don't you tell us again about how feats of biochemical engineering in the laboratory entailing organic compounds harvested from living organisms proves abiogenesis again. That was good for a hoot!

Laughing at your silly attempts at arguments you can't defend.

Hey, I know, why don't you, Toddsterpatriot, toobfreak, abu afak and Fort Fun Indiana tell us again that instances of abiogenesis are events that could actually be observed or demonstrated someday. That was a real hoot!
There was only one instance of abiogenesis required to begin the process of evolution. There may have been hundreds or thousands, maybe millions of instances that didn't lead to successful development of life. However, we know with certainty that one of those instances was successful. I'll note that you are a science / evolution denier so why don't you sp'lain us how your gods magically created all of existence 6,000 years ago. We can compare facts and evidence about the natural world vs. your alleged supernatural realms.

The exact processes of abiogenesis are unknown, but investigating the unknown is what science is all about. Theory and testing is part of the process. As long as the theory can be tested, scientific testing can proceed. Much scientific work has been done in testing different hypotheses relating to abiogenesis. As your alternative involves magic performed by the gods, Shirley, you must have a testable hypothesis you can offer. You have that, right? Otherwise, you're simply and mindlessly requiring others to accept your "... because I say so" claims to three gods vs others who have similar claims to magical creation stories involving competing gods.

Why would you expect anyone to accept your unsupported claims to magic, supernaturalism and silly tales / fables that include talking serpents, a flat earth, etc. when you offer nothing to support your specious, empty claims?

`

Hey, I know, why don't you tell us again about how feats of biochemical engineering in the laboratory entailing organic compounds harvested from living organisms proves abiogenesis again. That was good for a hoot!
What is the evidence for abiogenesis? Life obviously exists. We, (thinking humans as opposed to ID'iot creationers), have indisputable evidence that biological organisms evolve over time. We know the planet is billions of years old, not merely 6,000 years old. You will find the above introduces irreconcilable conflicts with your fundamentalist religious beliefs but your beliefs in magic and supernaturalism do not supercede contingent reality.

Why are we still waiting for that ID'iot creationer "General Theory of This is How The Gawds Did It"

The evidence is of course circumstantial, in that, UNLIKE 'god/s,' all the raw materials for life at least existed, and many had tendencies to form bonds of various lengths.

FO god/s you have NOTHING. Just thousands of Myths/'gods of the closing Gaps'.. the vast majority already explained away.

`

Last edited:
C'mon, you can't even explain what happens with the simplest of cells.

See, this is your magical religious hooha culture handicapping you again. In your magical ritual circles, things are true because the child molester in the fancy outfit says they are true. But that is not how science works. So what i had for breakfast has no bearing on anything, and you sound like a whiny idiot.

I think you lost the argument and are crying like a baby (what you say makes no sense). It's not every day one's worldview is crushed to dust over a simple cell.

So your god is capable of making the entire universe, but not capable of creating evolution. Fascinating. Its almost as if you just say whatever sounds nice at any given time, with no regard to integrity or consistency.

No need to create evolution when God created everything perfectly in seven days (this was heaven until sin came into being) and Earth is young.

nd discussion of my credentials, forthcoming...

Lol. Credentials? Now, you're making up even more fairy tales besides evolutionary ones.

And why life and intelligence exist as well.
Absolutely. All produced by selection, just like everything else we observe in the universe.

It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce intelligence
Says you. But that is the luxury magical thinkers have with magical ideas, since the magic you sprinkle on top of our knowledge is useless and has no bearing on our knowledge. So sprinkle away...it has zero effect but to make you feel good.

See, this is your magical religious hooha culture handicapping you again. In your magical ritual circles, things are true because the child molester in the fancy outfit says they are true. But that is not how science works. So what i had for breakfast has no bearing on anything, and you sound like a whiny idiot.

I think you lost the argument and are crying like a baby (what you say makes no sense). It's not every day one's worldview is crushed to dust over a simple cell.

So your god is capable of making the entire universe, but not capable of creating evolution. Fascinating. Its almost as if you just say whatever sounds nice at any given time, with no regard to integrity or consistency.

No need to create evolution when God created everything perfectly in seven days (this was heaven until sin came into being) and Earth is young.

Lol. Credentials? Now, you're making up even more fairy tales besides evolutionary ones.
Your gods created everything perfectly? That’s another version of the silly “fine tuning” argument test ID’iot creationers use.

How “perfect” that your gods created the cancer cell, the perfect creation of the rotation of the planet and convection currents that cause tornadoes and hurricanes, the perfect creation of plate tectonics that cause earthquakes and tidal waves. That perfect creation of fragile DNA which is subject to damage by radiation from the perfect creation of the sun.

Gee whiz. It actually seems that your gods are remarkably incompetent designers. Did they not get any instruction from the hierarchy of gods who came before your gods?

And why life and intelligence exist as well.
Absolutely. All produced by selection, just like everything else we observe in the universe.

It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce intelligence
Says you. But that is the luxury magical thinkers have with magical ideas, since the magic you sprinkle on top of our knowledge is useless and has no bearing on our knowledge. So sprinkle away...it has zero effect but to make you feel good.
You mean the laws of nature which predestined intelligence to arise.

Your gods created everything perfectly? That’s another version of the silly “fine tuning” argument test ID’iot creationers use.

How “perfect” that your gods created the cancer cell, the perfect creation of the rotation of the planet and convection currents that cause tornadoes and hurricanes, the perfect creation of plate tectonics that cause earthquakes and tidal waves. That perfect creation of fragile DNA which is subject to damage by radiation from the perfect creation of the sun.

Gee whiz. It actually seems that your gods are remarkably incompetent designers. Did they not get any instruction from the hierarchy of gods who came before your gods?
WHY DO POLAR BEARS HAVE WHITE HAIR?!?! HMM?!?!?!

therefore gawd

Forum List

Back