Does Religion Drive Science?

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
I think it does and has always been this way. Christianity drives creation science. Earlier (before 1850s), the greatest scientists were creation scientists.

Atheism is a religion. It drives evolution since the 1850s. Today's scientists are practically all atheists.

I think it does and has always been this way. Christianity drives creation science. Earlier (before 1850s), the greatest scientists were creation scientists.

Atheism is a religion. It drives evolution since the 1850s. Today's scientists are practically all atheists.
I think your argument is with abiogenesis.

Atheism is not a religion.

Finally, I will need some proofiness that todays scientists are practically all atheists.

Science is driven by questions and the need for more answers. How does _______? Why is ________?

Science starts with questions and goes from there. There is no plan for the result.

Finally, I will need some proofiness that todays scientists are practically all atheists.

Atheism is a religion because it assumes there are no God and gods. It starts with this premise as a belief. It's not only abiogenesis, but one can't even prove the chicken came before the egg to these people when it has been shown via the scientific method. You already know about the swan neck flask that disproved abiogenesis.

Science is driven by questions and the need for more answers. How does _______? Why is ________?

Science starts with questions and goes from there. There is no plan for the result.

I agree with that, but to fill in your blanks one starts with the belief there is a God/creator or no God/gods as creator. One can't have it both ways although some people try.

Atheism isn't a religion. They don't worship any entity. So you start off with a falsehood.

Protestant pastors organized in Philadelphia in 1910 to reject science and modernity. Traditional theology was replaced with Scofield.

Atheism isn't a religion. They don't worship any entity. So you start off with a falsehood.

Protestant pastors organized in Philadelphia in 1910 to reject science and modernity. Traditional theology was replaced with Scofield.

SexDrugsRockRoll_Logo.jpg

Atheism is DEFINITELY a religion. The people have beliefs such as liberalism. They worship their belief in no God/gods by worshiping false idols.

Atheism is a religion because it assumes there are no God and gods. It starts with this premise as a belief. It's not only abiogenesis, but one can't even prove the chicken came before the egg to these people when it has been shown via the scientific method. You already know about the swan neck flask that disproved abiogenesis.

I assume there are no mermaids.. Is that also a religion?

I agree with that, but to fill in your blanks one starts with the belief there is a God/creator or no God/gods as creator. One can't have it both ways although some people try.

I disagree. A scientist should not start out with preconceived notions. To measure something, there is no need to believe in God or to believe there is no God. To test a dozen formulas against a base formula, you have no need to beleive or not believe.

Atheism is DEFINITELY a religion. The people have beliefs such as liberalism. They worship their belief in no God/gods by worshiping false idols.

No, atheism is not a religion. It is no more a religion than not collecting stamps is a hobby.

I assume there are no mermaids.. Is that also a religion?

You don't get it haha.

No, atheism is not a religion. It is no more a religion than not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Why don't you believe there is no abiogenesis? That's been scientifically proven.

Atheism drives people to believe in lies and other weird things like multiverses.

The other example would be atheists always asking believers for proof of God. They get the evidence and immediately disregard it. One can't dissuade these people. Even Jesus explained the different paths of the seeds of God.

The stupidity on this thread is mind boggling. They don't know the difference between politics and religion.

Why don't you believe there is no abiogenesis? That's been scientifically proven.

Atheism drives people to believe in lies and other weird things like multiverses.

The other example would be atheists always asking believers for proof of God. They get the evidence and immediately disregard it. One can't dissuade these people. Even Jesus explained the different paths of the seeds of God.

How was abiogenesis proven? | Socratic
Nov 21, 2016 · Abiogenesis has not been proven. There is no direct evidence that life come spontaneously from non life. The theory of abiogenesis is based on the assumption that everything must happen by natural causes. If everything happens by natural cause then life must have come from non life by natural causes.

The stupidity on this thread is mind boggling. They don't know the difference between politics and religion.

It may drive politics, too. We know atheists are usually liberal as a trait. Your atheistic religious beliefs drive your science else you would accept evidence for God when you ask for it and get it. There is plenty of evidence for God in science in how the universe started such as space and time. We even have a logical argument. But atheists cannot accept because of their atheist beliefs. It would destroy their religion.

My religion makes me think you are stupider than stupid. Who wants to go to hell FOREVER?

Only caveat to that process is your funding. If the only reason you are getting PAID to do that research is a huge mountain of funding to "prove Global Warming IS an "existential threat", then by golly -- you gotta PLEASE the master...

That's why science and governing is a dangerous mix.. It strips science of its objectivity and sends it back to 17th and 18th centuries where the rich oligarchs and monarchs AND THE CHURCHES were the SOLE SOURCES and patrons of funding science.

How was abiogenesis proven? | Socratic
Nov 21, 2016 · Abiogenesis has not been proven. There is no direct evidence that life come spontaneously from non life. The theory of abiogenesis is based on the assumption that everything must happen by natural causes. If everything happens by natural cause then life must have come from non life by natural causes.

Yes, and no abiogenesis has been proven by the swan neck flask experiment.

It means only life can begat life. IOW life does not come from non-life like a warm pond, primordial soup, or Urey-Miller experiments.

Christianity drives creation science. Earlier (before 1850s)...

Religion may have “driven” creation science centuries ago (open for debate), but now that we know so much more it is logic that drives creation science.
Science may maintain their field of discipline does not deal with proving God, but they sure appear to be in the business of trying to disprove Him.

Forum List

Back