Smartmatic $2.7 Billion Lawsuit

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Against Fox News and Trump's favorite attorneys. This is what happens when your mouth is bigger than your brain.

"The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump."

Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign' - CNN

Yes, Trump will continue to cost everyone for a while and in large dollar amounts. They were dumb enough to play along and now they get their nuggies.

Against Fox News and Trump's favorite attorneys. This is what happens when your mouth is bigger than your brain.

"The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump."

Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign' - CNN

Fox News can just show a video of the guy hacking their system, it as done within minutes. They can also rely on politicians who initially stated "votes were switched from Trump to Biden". They can also rely on accusations in New Brunswick and the reasons why Texas denied them. There is a great deal of smoke and questions about the security and reliability of it.

If I am these people being sued, I also make it an effort to educate Americans and apply pressure to government to get rid of computer voting in federal elections. That would be the best response to them being sued.

A simple list of how many countries around the world who use Dominion Systems for their federal elections would also expose a hell of a question. "if it is so safe and secure, why are all other First World Nations rejecting the use of your software"? Why should America trust and rely on software when other nations don't?

Fox News can just show a video of the guy hacking their system, it as done within minutes. They can also rely on politicians who initially stated "votes were switched from Trump to Biden". They can also rely on accusations in New Brunswick and the reasons why Texas denied them. There is a great deal of smoke and questions about the security and reliability of it.

If I am these people being sued, I also make it an effort to educate Americans and apply pressure to government to get rid of computer voting in federal elections. That would be the best response to them being sued.

A simple list of how many countries around the world who use Dominion Systems for their federal elections would also expose a hell of a question. "if it is so safe and secure, why are all other First World Nations rejecting the use of your software"? Why should America trust and rely on software when other nations don't?
Where were these questions when the same machines with the same programming was used and Trump won?

Here's the deal they are getting sued because they made statements without proof which means the lawsuit will seek to show it was done out of malice and forethought and not from solid evidence.

Where were these questions when the same machines with the same programming was used and Trump won?

The questions became more relevant when you couple this with mail-out voting.

You remind me of some others issue they can raise, Democrat politicians who asked the same questions about this software in Dem Primaries.

You remind me of some others issue they can raise, Democrat politicians who asked the same questions about this software in Dem Primaries.
The use of non-reciprocal mail -in ballot are not the reason that Trump lost he lost due to an 8% loss of the elderly over his handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, and a loss of white males along with a 1% decrease in votes from the same areas won. Trump blew it dude that's a fact.

Last edited:

What about the unfound issues that you seem to ignore? I hope they get some money. As for collecting from Rudy... he doesn't look too healthy.

Maybe we should get a system that allows us, and other third parties, to check how our votes were cast. This problem will be lessoned by quite a bit.

I was just reading this piece this morning. . . I didn't feel it deserved it's own thread, but thought maybe someone on this site might like to give it a look, and if they thought it did, might look into it further.

It is an insider account as to why Trump is actually pissed at Rudy.

There is a thread on it of course, completely lacking in details.
And of course, now Smartmatic wants to sue folks, w/o anyone being able to now see that data, reveal the coding or proprietary software, or whether any of these ballots were forged, or could ever be verified. . .

But, it does turn out, that Giuliani is either very establishment, or a Deep State gatekeeper. Which really, after his role in 9/11, should not surprise anyone.

Of Giuliani, Byrne writes:

". . . Sunday evening I got a phone call at 11 PM, telling me Mayor Giuliani and his entourage were dining in such-and-such a Georgetown restaurant, and would I mind bringing what I had written over to them. I got dressed and went, but when I arrived his security told me to sit in the bar and wait. I did for 45 minutes until someone came out of the Mayor’s private dining room to tell me the Mayor asked that I not come back to his table (security was concerned about me, apparently), but asked me to simply send into the private dining room the paper I had written. I sent it in, then left.

Later, people in that room told me what happened when my paper arrived.

First, in the 90 minutes between 11:30 PM and 1 AM, Mayor Giuliani imbibed three triple scotches on ice. Those relating this story could not vouch for what he had drunk before 11:30.

Second, in front of everyone, Rudy took my paper and read it for perhaps 45 seconds, then put it aside saying, “I’ll get to this later.”

Third, the Mediocrity was at the table. The Mediocrity picked up the one-pager Rudy had set down, and holding it between fingers like it was a turd, announced with a laugh, “Can you believe Byrne worked all weekend and this is all he wrote?”

Nine hours later, Monday morning at 10 AM, Rudy Giuliani took the stage at a joint press conference held with Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellison. Rudy was meant to give a synopsis of where things stood, and then introduce Sidney Powell, who was going to discuss the possibility of mass election fraud on a scale no one was yet comprehending. That it was not about a couple hundred dead people voting here, or a few hundred illegals voting there, but about something deeper, systemic….. Unprecedented.

Instead of sticking to the plan, Rudy Giuliani got carried away, and huffed and puffed his way around the stage for 40 minutes about how many hundreds of dead people had voted here and how illegal people had voted there….. And Joe Frazier still voted! As he worked himself up like Grandpa, repeating all the same points he had been making for days, hair die ran down both sides of his face, unnoticed.

Nine hours earlier, he had had nine shots of whiskey in under 90 minutes.. . . "

<snip>

Trump: "You know, I could leave here and my life would be fine. I could be with my family, my friends, I could be playing golf. [O]n January 20 I could walk to Marine I and climb aboard and go have a really good life. Knowing I was cheated. How can I just walk away from that?”

And they won’t get a dime.

Hmmm well you would know about mouths being much larger than brains.

For the losers:

"The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States," the lawsuit said. "The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable."
Smartmatic's lawyer, J. Erik Connolly, told CNN Business that the case is one of the most "straightforward" he has ever seen. Connolly, who secured one of the largest defamation settlements ever in the "pink slime" case against ABC News, told CNN Business that because Smartmatic's role in the 2020 general election was limited to providing services to Los Angeles County, he could easily prove all the conspiracy theories false."

Let me know when and if this ever gets to court.
Lawsuits have been threatened many times before. Much smoke. No fire.

LOL...Let's hope your not their defense counsel..on second thought..let's hope you are their defense counsel.

And they won’t get a dime.
Didn't you predict Biden would never win..LOL. Nostradamus you ain't.

Anybody can file a lawsuit against anyone even for the most tenuous of reasons.

Just stupid.

For the losers:

"The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States," the lawsuit said. "The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable."
Smartmatic's lawyer, J. Erik Connolly, told CNN Business that the case is one of the most "straightforward" he has ever seen. Connolly, who secured one of the largest defamation settlements ever in the "pink slime" case against ABC News, told CNN Business that because Smartmatic's role in the 2020 general election was limited to providing services to Los Angeles County, he could easily prove all the conspiracy theories false."

They still have to explain the rejection of other First World nations and secure states like Texas of their product.

I'm not a lawyer, but the defendants have plenty of examples of oddities that they can raise. Would anyone be willing to wager anything significant that could be enforced that fraud and abuses were impossible to have occurred? Of course not. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of software is aware of how susceptible it is to hacking.

Dominion, like so many social media companies; grossly underestimate what's at stake. As any defendant would, those who they sue will raise a heavy defense that will commensurate with the value of the damages being sought.

Not that I don't agree that they should sue if they truly believe they have been wronged. However, it should have been done immediately, not waiting for a new president to take office. Now it seems more peculiar. Why wait?

The worlds best agencies make it their business to keep an eye on these issues. Going through the courts now in my opinion, is more harmful than good. An immediate lawsuit before Trump left office would have stood for something substantial as they would have been under far greater scrutiny right after the results of an election. Did they sit quiet for the first few days or immediate launch a legal suit?

Free speech brings along accountability for what you say.
Fox News, Powell and Giuliani made unsupported statements against Smartmatic which severely damaged the company.

Time to pay the piper

The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.
"They needed a villain," the lawsuit said. "They needed someone to blame. They needed someone whom they could get others to hate. A story of good versus evil, the type that would incite an angry mob, only works if the storyteller provides the audience with someone who personifies evil."

Forum List

Back