CDZ Small Town America, Guns, and “Black Lives Matter”

I've really let myself get off track here a couple different ways. I apologize for that.

When I read your thoughtful OP, I didn't really see anything to argue about. It was cheering and hopeful. I go to the hairdresser tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a little different idea then (the local diner where I usually keep my ear to the rails to listen for the current buzz is not open for breakfast right now). Black racism isn't something that comes up around here in general conversation, because we're 97% white and all anyone sees, or knows, is what's on the tv or in movies. Our state has had no riots. Protests have been peaceful. People around here are more influenced by media than any personal experience.

What we do have is two Native American reservations, and there IS stereotyping, hostility, suspicion and downright nastiness between the Natives and whites among some people. It goes in both directions, too; I've worked with folks on both reservations and in the towns surrounding them. The Hispanics who come to work seasonal jobs (and a very small number that never leave) pretty much stick to themselves and don't speak much English so they're more ignored than anything. It seems to suit them fine.

Based on the reaction to the Native Americans--who have been here longer than "we" have, and have been feared by whites from the start and avoided whenever possible--I would say that small town America, at least my small town, certainly has its bigots. So with all the talk on this board, and what I fear from the ignorance of my fellow townsmen, it was hopeful to read that things seem to be doing pretty well. People are learning, they are sympathetic to unfairness. At least among blacks. Now if they could do the same for the Native Americans, we'd be in pretty good shape.

I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:
I think it's important to note the distinction between "black lives matter" and Black Lives Matter. The demonstrations described in the excerpt, and I think at large, are the former rather than the latter. As a statement, "black lives matter" is factual and supported by almost every single person in this country. Black Lives Matter on the other hand is an organization founded by "trained Marxists" (their words not mine) who hold views most find extreme. To say the people participating in these demonstrations, especially those occurring in the small towns from the excerpt, are supporting the destruction of the nuclear family, overthrow of capitalism, and general restructuring of American society among other things, would be incorrect.
That's true. However radical the Black Lives Matter organizers may be, they are still the negotiators for change, I believe, and although we may not support their whole agenda, we can't throw out the baby with the bathwater, either. Let's say you are Pro-Life. Does that mean you wouldn't negotiate with Democrats over an infrastructure plan? Of course not.
So, knowing BLM has these ideas is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that they are advocating for positive change for their communities, and the primary agenda item they are focusing on right now is changes in the justice system. Ideals are things we keep in mind while we grasp at what in reality we can reach.

You don't support some of the agenda of marxists.......that isn't how it works.

They are not advocating for positive change, they are advocating for marxists taking over..... and marxists don't stop till the mass graves are filled.

Just remember little boys and girls, when a white policeman kneels on a black man's neck and the black man succumbs to heart failure, this is why BLM goes rampaging through cities burning and pillaging minority businesses. But if 104 black people are shot 14 killed(3 of them children) there is nothing to see here, as these events are business as usual.. Move along, move along..

There will be a reckoning.

1593144235867.png

Just remember little boys and girls, when a white policeman kneels on a black man's neck and the black man succumbs to heart failure, this is why BLM goes rampaging through cities burning and pillaging minority businesses. But if 104 black people are shot 14 killed(3 of them children) there is nothing to see here, as these events are business as usual.. Move along, move along..
You got anything to say about the topic?
I'm getting pretty sick of y'all's broken records here. Over and over and over, everywhere I go.

Here's how it works, if by some miracle of the devil, antifa managed to ignite Hayward's streets into lawless rioting seemingly led by BLM blacks, we shoot the rich white Marxist kids 4-8 rows back of the BLM blacks, ending the party! BLM are the black slaves of rich white antifa Marxists, they are simply shock troops of grotesquely privileged & wealthy white shot-callers, all of whom return to their A-list colleges after the rioting and get rubber stamped into the federal(fascist)bureaucracy for life, the blacks get burned out neighborhoods, which never re-emerge from the rubble.... :wink:

they get terra-formed by the local Democras into barrios, like they did with Compton, Watts, and other former black hoods. All those criminal illegal aliens the Democrats need have to live somewhere, and blacks are getting less popular with the rich Communists who finance politics in American now; they keep jumping the reservations and raping the occasional middle class white women and trying to loot wealthy neighborhoods.

Even as an “organization,” Black Lives Matter is a very decentralized and amorphous group. It started as an internet hashtag and is no more “Marxist“ than my Aunt Ellie. From the beginning it has been torn by differences, for example on how to approach Bernie Sanders and how to approach black policemen and black Mayors. It is most potent not as an organization but as a diverse movement. Its tactics vary from place to place and time to time, and also on the local personalities in charge.

I note that here on this thread BLM’s virulent critics see it as everything from a mere front group of deluded ignoramuses manipulated by rich whites, to a serious black Marxist revolutionary organization determined to exterminate the American way of life. Neither, of course, is anywhere close to the truth. In any case, this thread is really not about Black Lives Matter as an organization, but rather as a protest movement, and how those protests fit into evolving small town American consciousness.

This Wiki article discusses BLM and its critics: Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia

Actully they're seen as merely violent gangster thugs running an extortion racket, which is the pattern for nearly all black political organizing, whatever lofty names they invent for themselves.

lol at 'Wikipedia article'. Please at least try and fake being serious; it's the CDZ Zone ... lol

Even as an “organization,” Black Lives Matter is a very decentralized and amorphous group. It started as an internet hashtag and is no more “Marxist“ than my Aunt Ellie. From the beginning it has been torn by differences, for example on how to approach Bernie Sanders and how to approach black policemen and black Mayors. It is most potent not as an organization but as a diverse movement. Its tactics vary from place to place and time to time, and also on the local personalities in charge.

I note that here on this thread BLM’s virulent critics see it as everything from a mere front group of deluded ignoramuses manipulated by rich whites, to a serious black Marxist revolutionary organization determined to exterminate the American way of life. Neither, of course, is anywhere close to the truth. In any case, this thread is really not about Black Lives Matter as an organization, but rather as a protest movement, and how those protests fit into evolving small town American consciousness.

This Wiki article discusses BLM and its critics: Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia

Actully they're seen as merely violent gangster thugs running an extortion racket, which is the pattern for nearly all black political organizing, whatever lofty names they invent for themselves.

lol at 'Wikipedia article'. Please at least try and fake being serious; it's the CDZ Zone ... lol
What's wrong with the Wiki article? Specifically? I thought it was pretty comprehensive, but like I said, I'm a novice.

OldLady
I will try to do a separate thread on English language Wikipedia. To me it is one of the most valuable tools to come out of the internet revolution, the most comprehensive and useful Encyclopedia the world has ever known.

OldLady
I will try to do a separate thread on English language Wikipedia. To me it is one of the most valuable tools to come out of the internet revolution, the most comprehensive and useful Encyclopedia the world has ever known.
I use it all the time teaching. I can barely remember the days when we had to go to the library and head to the five year old set of encyclopedias. But I've run into some wiki articles with a lot of slant, too. They're still informative, but you gotta watch out.

Guess I would be better able to understand some of your views if I was not so old, and had forgotten the adult white lady in our church her face all twisted with rage, mouth screaming with hate because some black children wanted to go to her school. or seen the many photos of people quietly sitting at Woolworth lunch counters trying to get served,& being assaulted, then police came & dragged quiet sitters away & left the assaulters free . Yes there could be a better less destructive way of getting your point across, but those have worked in name only. If something is not right & we as white people refuse to acknowledge it. whose fault is it when things turn bad?

We have all seen media coverage of criminal looting and of statues being torn down, and maybe the much larger, peaceful, but less photogenic marches of hundreds of thousands in large cities. People mostly see and pay attention to what confirms their biases.

Yet looting, arson and violence today are nothing like on the scale of the 1960s, when Civil Rights leaders and liberal politicians were assassinated, and anger boiled over. Party partisanship and conspiracy thinking, however, certainly seem higher than ever. While the screamers are more emboldened today, I believe race relations in general have improved.

I watched recently some videos about black and white and integrated gun clubs, and how many organized to act if needed ... without overt racism and without lunatics starting trouble. In rural areas where gun ownership is most prevalent, where voters are much more conservative and “white,” and in areas where police, demonstrators and guns sometimes mixed on the streets, we seem to have gotten through this period — thank heaven — without any serious disasters.

The number of white demonstrators peacefully joining protests against racism and police violence, the increasing recognition among the young that racism is indeed a problem in American society — not just among police, whose jobs are difficult in the best of times — these are encouraging to me. I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:

On TV and on social media, the protest movement sweeping the country often looks grim and explosive, a montage of rubber bullets and teargas, activists facing off with police, low-flying military helicopters, broken store windows. When protests first started popping up in small towns across the country, some residents could only imagine they were the work of interlopers. Rumors whipped through dozens of rural and suburban communities about busloads of anti-fascist activists on their way to wreak havoc....

For people living in small towns, the dissonance between the dark fantasy of antifa marauders and the actual nature of local protests—many of which have included kids, dogs, and elderly people—has been hard to miss.... [Soon] armed counter-demonstrators largely disappeared. “They have been made to look kind of silly. You should have seen how they showed up. It was like a war—these people showed up for an enemy that was never there,” said [one black musician in almost all white Klamath Falls, Oregon]. Meanwhile, people continued to gather in town for Black Lives Matter rallies during the first two weeks of June. “I think it’s very important because it shows people, you know, a different side of things? It’s happening in these smaller towns with little to no black population. That shows people this is a human thing, and that there’s a lot of us out there who care about each other and want to stand up for each other. And you know, change can happen from anywhere”....

Some protests offered at least a temporary reclamation of public space in communities long defined by segregation and legacies of brutal racism—places like Vidor, Texas, a former Ku Klux Klan haven that Texas Monthly described as the state’s “most hate-filled town” during a struggle over court-ordered desegregation of public housing in the early 1990s....

“I’ve never seen so many white people give a darn about black people,” said Mildred Henderson, a 78-year-old woman and veteran activist who was interviewed by The Southern Illinoisan at a June 4 rally in Anna, Ill. In 1909, mobs drove black residents out of Anna after a lynching in a nearby town; for decades, Anna was known as a sundown town, where black people were not welcome after dark. Although Anna was originally named for a woman, the town’s racist history has given it an unofficial acronym: “Ain’t No [N-words] Allowed.” Kevin Jackson, who also attended the protest in Anna, told the Belleville News-Democrat that it was the first time he’d ever walked down the town’s Main Street... “I probably wouldn’t do it again without my white brothers and sisters,” Jackson said.

Black Lives Matter Protests Are Everywhere, Even in the Unlikeliest Places
We have all seen media coverage of whites and of white cops People mostly see and pay attention to what confirms their biases.
JUSSIE SMOLLET!! Covington/Bubba/etc
blacks eat/shit/think/dream RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...there is not a problem of racism or police brutality

..blacks/black leaders/athletes/politicians/etc are PRO-criminal and anti-cop
...they hate Americans and whites.....don't try to bullshit us

We have all seen media coverage of criminal looting and of statues being torn down, and maybe the much larger, peaceful, but less photogenic marches of hundreds of thousands in large cities. People mostly see and pay attention to what confirms their biases.

Yet looting, arson and violence today are nothing like on the scale of the 1960s, when Civil Rights leaders and liberal politicians were assassinated, and anger boiled over. Party partisanship and conspiracy thinking, however, certainly seem higher than ever. While the screamers are more emboldened today, I believe race relations in general have improved.

I watched recently some videos about black and white and integrated gun clubs, and how many organized to act if needed ... without overt racism and without lunatics starting trouble. In rural areas where gun ownership is most prevalent, where voters are much more conservative and “white,” and in areas where police, demonstrators and guns sometimes mixed on the streets, we seem to have gotten through this period — thank heaven — without any serious disasters.

The number of white demonstrators peacefully joining protests against racism and police violence, the increasing recognition among the young that racism is indeed a problem in American society — not just among police, whose jobs are difficult in the best of times — these are encouraging to me. I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:

On TV and on social media, the protest movement sweeping the country often looks grim and explosive, a montage of rubber bullets and teargas, activists facing off with police, low-flying military helicopters, broken store windows. When protests first started popping up in small towns across the country, some residents could only imagine they were the work of interlopers. Rumors whipped through dozens of rural and suburban communities about busloads of anti-fascist activists on their way to wreak havoc....

For people living in small towns, the dissonance between the dark fantasy of antifa marauders and the actual nature of local protests—many of which have included kids, dogs, and elderly people—has been hard to miss.... [Soon] armed counter-demonstrators largely disappeared. “They have been made to look kind of silly. You should have seen how they showed up. It was like a war—these people showed up for an enemy that was never there,” said [one black musician in almost all white Klamath Falls, Oregon]. Meanwhile, people continued to gather in town for Black Lives Matter rallies during the first two weeks of June. “I think it’s very important because it shows people, you know, a different side of things? It’s happening in these smaller towns with little to no black population. That shows people this is a human thing, and that there’s a lot of us out there who care about each other and want to stand up for each other. And you know, change can happen from anywhere”....

Some protests offered at least a temporary reclamation of public space in communities long defined by segregation and legacies of brutal racism—places like Vidor, Texas, a former Ku Klux Klan haven that Texas Monthly described as the state’s “most hate-filled town” during a struggle over court-ordered desegregation of public housing in the early 1990s....

“I’ve never seen so many white people give a darn about black people,” said Mildred Henderson, a 78-year-old woman and veteran activist who was interviewed by The Southern Illinoisan at a June 4 rally in Anna, Ill. In 1909, mobs drove black residents out of Anna after a lynching in a nearby town; for decades, Anna was known as a sundown town, where black people were not welcome after dark. Although Anna was originally named for a woman, the town’s racist history has given it an unofficial acronym: “Ain’t No [N-words] Allowed.” Kevin Jackson, who also attended the protest in Anna, told the Belleville News-Democrat that it was the first time he’d ever walked down the town’s Main Street... “I probably wouldn’t do it again without my white brothers and sisters,” Jackson said.

racism/police brutality isn't the problem--the stats say it isn't
..so what if a bunch of people protest..a lot of people followed hitler and Jim Jones and Stalin and Pol Pot and the Hutus

So, I went to the hairdresser this morning, and there was a small protest march by the Courthouse. No one had an issue with it, it was quiet. But there was a big SNORT when she shook her head, adding "the guys in pickups with flags showed up." We know who they were.

So, I went to the hairdresser this morning, and there was a small protest march by the Courthouse. No one had an issue with it, it was quiet. But there was a big SNORT when she shook her head, adding "the guys in pickups with flags showed up." We know who they were.
I hope those “guys in pickups with flags” didn’t scream that the people protesting at the Courthouse “followed hitler and Jim Jones and Stalin and Pol Pot and the Hutus” and “eat/shit/think/dream RACE.” :rolleyes:

Last edited:

..so what if a bunch of people protest..a lot of people followed hitler and Jim Jones and Stalin and Pol Pot and the Hutus

I think you hit the nail on the head. I want everyone treated fairly, and don't think there is any place for something as stupid as racism, but I'm not sure how you can use government force to remedy it. I think even those on the left recognize that there is a problem in many minority cultures. I'd love to help, but but I don't know how. How do you promote fatherhood and education when they are culturely unpopular? I'd love to give everyone hope and opportunity, but I'm not sure how you can legislatively make that happen. Screaming racism, which I know is very real, is not going to help their plight. Marxism certainly is not going to help either.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I want everyone treated fairly, and don't think there is any place for something as stupid as racism, but I'm not sure how you can use government force to remedy it. I think even those on the left recognize that there is a problem in many minority cultures. I'd love to help, but but I don't know how. How do you promote fatherhood and education when they are culturely unpopular? I'd love to give everyone hope and opportunity, but I'm not sure how you can legislatively make that happen. Screaming racism, which I know is very real, is not going to help their plight. Marxism certainly is not going to help either.
sure--there is racism--on both sides...but not anywhere close to what the MSM wants you to think
..the problem is--not admitting there is a problem of blacks committing crimes at high rates and graduating at low rates--so the real problem--the major problem--the critical problem-is never solved

one big difference between now and 1968 is that in 1968, it was an organic movement as a response to real racism and the media merely reported it. Today, it is a case of the media CREATING it quite intentionally, it is financed from afar and is occurring despite the fact that due to affirmative action, the only real systemic racism FAVORS blacks.

Guess I would be better able to understand some of your views if I was not so old, and had forgotten the adult white lady in our church her face all twisted with rage, mouth screaming with hate because some black children wanted to go to her school. or seen the many photos of people quietly sitting at Woolworth lunch counters trying to get served,& being assaulted, then police came & dragged quiet sitters away & left the assaulters free . Yes there could be a better less destructive way of getting your point across, but those have worked in name only. If something is not right & we as white people refuse to acknowledge it. whose fault is it when things turn bad?

And the woman screaming....and the ones keeping the Blacks from the lunch counters....were all members of the democrat party. Black lives matter and antifa are rampaging through mostly Black neighborhoods....burning, looting and killing.....just before an election......they are supported, financed, coordinated and organized by allies of the democrat party.....

so......why are democrat groups burning, looting and killing in Black neighborhoods just before an election?

Forum List

Back