Small business owner says Democrat-led COVID benefits are smothering middle class

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Small business owner says federal handouts is crushing middle class businesses

"These people are staying home because they’ve discovered Medicaid. They’ve increased food stamps also for those who stay home and aren’t working," Orchard said. "Now the new deal is that you can’t evict people, and so now they basically get free rent."

Congressional Democrats, led by Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri, pushed the Biden administration to extend the eviction moratorium after it expired last month.

The ban on evictions is set to last through the first of October.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...g-middle-class

Which you do not have a good relationship with.

What benefits do you speak of dear?
You are actually that ignorant of the stimulus benefits that Trump signed off on in 2020?

You know, we got cash payments, PPP loans that can be forgiven for all including the wealthy, unemployment extra benefits, increased food benefits, the eviction moratoriums with the feds allocating monies for land lords the list goes on but I am amazed that I actually met someone who was born yesterday.

You are actually that ignorant of the stimulus benefits that Trump signed off on in 2020?

You know, we got cash payments, PPP loans that can be forgiven for all including the wealthy, unemployment extra benefits, increased food benefits, the eviction moratoriums with the feds allocating monies for land lords the list goes on but I am amazed that I actually met someone who was born yesterday.

I got none of the above.

Zero payments.

No loans.

Own.

Funny how those who worship the wealth class whines when someone who isn't in the top 1% doesn't have austerity imposed on them.....

20210821_220426[1].jpg

Give the top 1% a 3 trillion dollar tax-cut....no problem...even tho in less than a year or so after getting that tax-cut; they are asking for even more....

But give those with the least amount of power some of that government assistance -- suddenly they are being smothered....FOH

"These people are staying home because they’ve discovered Medicaid. They’ve increased food stamps also for those who stay home and aren’t working," Orchard said. "Now the new deal is that you can’t evict people, and so now they basically get free rent."

Congressional Democrats, led by Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri, pushed the Biden administration to extend the eviction moratorium after it expired last month.

No. People are choosing to not go back to lousy jobs because they're tired of working for slave wages. Of course, there will be people who will not want to work. But the majority do.
Couple this with life altering events (due to the pandemic) like having to watch and home school your children, having to care for an infirmed relative., your job being downsized or eliminated
altogether, or for health reasons that prevent you from being around other dummies who don't want to get vaccinated or wear a mask.

I knew this reckoning was in our future. But I wasn't expecting it for another 5+ years. But the pandemic accelerated what I knew was coming. The push for living wages and addressing the
problem of affordable housing. It's coming.

Public money collected from taxation should only be used to stimulate the economy. When it's used to pay for people's needs, the national debt increases and they stay at home, which leads to the opposite of stimulating the economy.

Sleepy Joe is a democrat, economics knowledge is zero.

No. People are choosing to not go back to lousy jobs because they're tired of working for slave wages. Of course, there will be people who will not want to work. But the majority do.
Couple this with life altering events (due to the pandemic) like having to watch and home school your children, having to care for an infirmed relative., your job being downsized or eliminated
altogether, or for health reasons that prevent you from being around other dummies who don't want to get vaccinated or wear a mask.

I knew this reckoning was in our future. But I wasn't expecting it for another 5+ years. But the pandemic accelerated what I knew was coming. The push for living wages and addressing the
horse shit, this is nothing but the democrats creating a two class system and it is easy because all non elite democrats are lazy fucks

horse shit, this is nothing but the democrats creating a two class system and it is easy because all non elite democrats are lazy fucks
Sure. Because we all know there aren't any "lazy" fucks on the Republican side of the aisle....jeez.

And a two class system?? You don't pay attention do you? Perhaps you should pull your head out of alt-right media. Republicans and conservatives with their failed policies have pretty much destroyed an entire middle class over the last five decades.

Funny how those who worship the wealth class whines when someone who isn't in the top 1% doesn't have austerity imposed on them.....

View attachment 529770
Give the top 1% a 3 trillion dollar tax-cut....no problem...even tho in less than a year or so after getting that tax-cut; they are asking for even more....

But give those with the least amount of power some of that government assistance -- suddenly they are being smothered....FOH
Then why don’t you raise taxes?

Stop bitching and just do it already.

Sure. Because we all know there aren't any "lazy" fucks on the Republican side of the aisle....jeez.

And a two class system?? You don't pay attention do you? Perhaps you should pull your head out of alt-right media. Republicans and conservatives with their failed policies have pretty much destroyed an entire middle class over the last five decades.
that is complete horseshit, sounds like you have your head up your god damn ass. ACA almost destroyed everything for us, we had great insurance until ACA came out, all the sudden 401k money is going to cover healthcare, retirement got pushed off 10 years. Trump years we some of it back as the market rocked on returns, luckily Biden didn't touch his policies so we are rocking good so far with hiccups from his bad decisions. Democrats hate the working class except for federal and state employees. They say fuck you to everyone else.

true.

Some good points apart from the mask/Vaccine BS. :)

Democrats saw how good a job Republicans were doing of destroying the middle class, got envious, and decided to up their own game.

And with the ruthless terrorism of their Covid Scam, they've destroyed tens of millions of lives in less than 2 years!

Job well done, Democrats! :)

Forum List

Back