Slippery Slope of Same Sex Marriage

I don't agree or disagree with everything his government does. It isn't a yes or know question.

And like I said before, you haven't even defined freedom. Some people defined "freedom" as having lower taxes and not having the government monitor your phone calls, emails, web history etc. In that case, Russia has lower taxes, and has offered political asylum to Edward Snowden for exposing the unconstitutional actions of the US Government.

But like I said before, freedom is a subjective term, and you haven't even begun to define it yet. So your attempted slur means nothing.

O, and your description of Putin ...

I must be thinking of a different Putin.

:rolleyes:
No, don't think so.

You still haven't defined what freedom means yet, how I am "anti-freedom", or how I worship Putin. You have offered no evidence or arguments, you have only rolled your eyes.

Oh quit your silly posturing.

All anyone has to go by is the persona you put forward. You yammer and contradict yourself and you DO use paper tiger Putin as your avatar.

As for what you actually believe - go tell someone who cares.

I don't agree or disagree with everything his government does. It isn't a yes or know question.

And like I said before, you haven't even defined freedom. Some people defined "freedom" as having lower taxes and not having the government monitor your phone calls, emails, web history etc. In that case, Russia has lower taxes, and has offered political asylum to Edward Snowden for exposing the unconstitutional actions of the US Government.

But like I said before, freedom is a subjective term, and you haven't even begun to define it yet. So your attempted slur means nothing.
Putin got his clock cleaned by President Obama.

THAT is why he's Snowden's new best friend.

BTW, was it you who posted that Putin shoots tigers, as though that's a good thing to do?

LOL! Yeah, that's why the Saudis are abandoning the U.S. and China is making inroads.
Keep telling yourself Obama got the best of Putin.

The facts speak for themselves - even if you can't understand them.

O, and your description of Putin ...

I must be thinking of a different Putin.

:rolleyes:
No, don't think so.

You still haven't defined what freedom means yet, how I am "anti-freedom", or how I worship Putin. You have offered no evidence or arguments, you have only rolled your eyes.

Oh quit your silly posturing.

All anyone has to go by is the persona you put forward. You yammer and contradict yourself and you DO use paper tiger Putin as your avatar.

As for what you actually believe - go tell someone who cares.
Where have I contradicted myself?

You care enough to talk to me within your preconceived notions, just not enough when someone challenges those notions. Typical liberal groupthink, when someone challenges the mainstream dogma and commits heresy, you try to marginalize them. In more extreme forms, you arrest people(see hate speech laws in Canada and Europe).

As for Putin being a paper tiger, he won in Syria, his ally Assad is defeating the western backed Islamist Rebels and negotiated a chemical weapons deal with the UN. The US has backed away from tougher sanctions on Russia's ally Iran for the time being. That is an absurd claim.

Putin got his clock cleaned by President Obama.

THAT is why he's Snowden's new best friend.

BTW, was it you who posted that Putin shoots tigers, as though that's a good thing to do?

LOL! Yeah, that's why the Saudis are abandoning the U.S. and China is making inroads.

Yes. And the fact is that Putin turned Obama's entire foreign policy on its head. Remember the red line? Remember the deposing of Assad? Yeah, those were actual goals of this administration. Now the administration is committed to keeping Assad in power to monitor the chem weapons. And Putin has even stuck the U.S. with the bill for disposing of them.

Yes. And the fact is that Putin turned Obama's entire foreign policy on its head. Remember the red line? Remember the deposing of Assad? Yeah, those were actual goals of this administration. Now the administration is committed to keeping Assad in power to monitor the chem weapons. And Putin has even stuck the U.S. with the bill for disposing of them.

And don't forget Iran. If anyone thinks the US is threatened by Iran, they need to get a clue. What they fear is reprisal from Russia if they intervene in Iran. Russia is guaranteeing Iran's sovereignty at this point.

Russia is like the Czarist tiger, menacing but truly a hollow tiger.

Syria, Egypt, and Libya were well played by the USA, and Iran is quaking. Rightfully so.

Syria, Egypt, and Libya were well played by the USA, and Iran is quaking. Rightfully so.

Libya was definitely well played. You are proud of US imperialism? You think the US Government represents your interests? That you are one of them? LOL

Egypt, not so much, Morsi's government which we backed is out and the new government is not aligned to the West(and is talking about aligning with Russia).
CAIRO: Shadow of Egypt?s ties with U.S. looms over Russian visit | Egypt | McClatchy DC

Your US backed islamist rebels lost in Syria.

How is Iran quaking?

What fantasy world do you live in?

Last edited:
If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy a Federal Judge rules. Read decision @ http://jonathanturley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/brown-summary-judgment-decision.pdf

Who didn't see this coming?

Followed by this:

Polygamy advocates hail judge's ruling in Utah
December 14, 2013 - 7:04 PM
By MARTIN GRIFFITH, Associated Press

Advocacy groups for polygamy and individual liberties on Saturday hailed a federal judge's ruling that key parts of Utah's polygamy laws are unconstitutional, saying it will remove the threat of arrest for those families.
- See more at: Sister Wives: Judge Rules Key Parts of Utah Anti-Polygamy Law Unconstitutional | CNS News

Holy cow! People being allowed to the freedom to marry as they choose! What next - women being allowed to be in charge of their own bodies when it comes to pregnancy?

WILL IT NEVER END????

Not if the busybodies of this world have their way. "If I don't like it, you can't have it."

Apologies to the thread hijackers who appear to be at work here - I don't know much about Iran.

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy a Federal Judge rules.
I don't acknowledge gay marriage because of my faith, however I do have to agree with the judge on this one. If fair is fair, then polygamy should be legal.

If we are modifying the definition of marriage from one man and one woman to one man and one man or one woman and one woman, then why can't we also change it to say one man and two women.

I can't think of a valid argument that would support modifying the definition of marriage to support gay marriage but not polygamy.

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy a Federal Judge rules. Read decision @ http://jonathanturley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/brown-summary-judgment-decision.pdf

Followed by this:

Advocacy groups for polygamy and individual liberties on Saturday hailed a federal judge's ruling that key parts of Utah's polygamy laws are unconstitutional, saying it will remove the threat of arrest for those families.
- See more at: Sister Wives: Judge Rules Key Parts of Utah Anti-Polygamy Law Unconstitutional | CNS News

Holy cow! People being allowed to the freedom to marry as they choose! What next - women being allowed to be in charge of their own bodies when it comes to pregnancy?

WILL IT NEVER END????

Not if the busybodies of this world have their way. "If I don't like it, you can't have it."

Apologies to the thread hijackers who appear to be at work here - I don't know much about Iran.

Dont know much about sociology either, I see. If marriage can mean anything then it means nothing.

As long as an adult male and adult female can marry, marriage isn't in danger. If a man wants two, three or six wives, it's his headache. The same goes for a woman. If she wants more than one husband and they are agreeable to it, more power to them. The line is drawn at bestiality and pedophilia. Those must remain a crime.

As long as an adult male and adult female can marry, marriage isn't in danger. If a man wants two, three or six wives, it's his headache. The same goes for a woman. If she wants more than one husband and they are agreeable to it, more power to them. The line is drawn at bestiality and pedophilia. Those must remain a crime.

Why?
When marriage means anything, it means nothing.

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy a Federal Judge rules.
I don't acknowledge gay marriage because of my faith, however I do have to agree with the judge on this one. If fair is fair, then polygamy should be legal.

Except the Judge specifically didn't rule that the law involving polygamy was invalid. What he ruled was that a portion of the law which made cohabitation illegal was unconstitutional.

I can't think of a valid argument that would support modifying the definition of marriage to support gay marriage but not polygamy.

I can.

>>>>

Followed by this:

WILL IT NEVER END????

Dont know much about sociology either, I see. If marriage can mean anything then it means nothing.

What a clever way to put lipstick on the pig of intolerance.

Libya was definitely well played. You are proud of US imperialism? You think the US Government represents your interests? That you are one of them? LOL

Egypt, not so much, Morsi's government which we backed is out and the new government is not aligned to the West(and is talking about aligning with Russia).
CAIRO: Shadow of Egypt?s ties with U.S. looms over Russian visit | Egypt | McClatchy DC

Your US backed islamist rebels lost in Syria.

How is Iran quaking?

What fantasy world do you live in?

Keep talking to the fantasy man in your mirror. :lol:

Followed by this:

WILL IT NEVER END????

The ignorant bigots spout this lie over and over but never back it up with anything but hate.

Followed by this:

Isn't a slippery slope so much as law is finally catching up with common sense. Any two legal adults can enter into a financial contract with each other. Be it marriage, or some business contract. Allowing polygamy is trickier but only because of how 2nd, 3rd, etc. spouses are handled as to the tax and economic issues.

But the bottom line is what difference does it make? I could give a crap who gets married even upstairs or down the hall. Nevermind in other states. If it makes people happier being "married" I'm all for it because that'll make society in general better if fewer people are 'grumpy.' :) If a person's religious faith is so tenuous what people who aren't even memebrs of it can threaten it, that's their problem.

WILL IT NEVER END????

The ignorant bigots spout this lie over and over but never back it up with anything but hate.

Translation: this truth is so obvious I must engage in hateful rhetoric to shut it down.
I'm waiting for you to compare gay rights to Civil Rights c.1965 and accuse anyone who disagrees with you of homophobia and racism.

Forum List

Back