SKYNET ALERT : Smart enough to pass prestigious US business, law exams. Will viral AI chatbot ChatGPT destroy education?

Artificial intelligence experts warned that large language models have issues including "hallucination," which means that the software can make stuff up.

predicted by Isaac Asimov and portrayed in the brilliant movie 'I Robot'

What we commonly call GIGO. That is nothing new, it has been known about for decades.

Oh, and Isaac Asimov did not write that movie. In fact, it barely had any connection with him or his writings at all. Much like "Starship Troopers", it was an independent screenplay that was not written in connection with his stories at all. It was originally inspired by Agatha Christie, It was only during pre-production that it was realized that the rights to his writings could be picked up cheap, so a few minor plot elements like names were then spliced over the script and it was modified to be "Asimov-like". But that is in no way his work, no more than Starship Troopers is based on Heinlein.

CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE ChatGPT CAN ALREADY WRITE POLITICAL SPEECHES :

request :

write me a short poem about Nikey Haley vanquishing vampires

response :
Nikey Haley stood tall and brave, Her eyes ablaze, her sword unsheathed. The vampires cowered at her feet, Their fangs no match for her keen wit.

She moved with grace and deadly speed, Her aim true, her strikes precise. The undead horde could not withstand The fury of this warrior's hand.

With each swing of her shining blade, She vanquished evil from the land. Nikey Haley, protector strong, Defender of all that is right and just.

What we commonly call GIGO. That is nothing new, it has been known about for decades.
oh, you'd be surprised how many out there don't know that little tid-bit yet.
Oh, and Isaac Asimov did not write that movie. In fact, it barely had any connection with him or his writings at all. Much like "Starship Troopers", it was an independent screenplay that was not written in connection with his stories at all. It was originally inspired by Agatha Christie, It was only during pre-production that it was realized that the rights to his writings could be picked up cheap, so a few minor plot elements like names were then spliced over the script and it was modified to be "Asimov-like". But that is in no way his work, no more than Starship Troopers is based on Heinlein.
ok. i stand corrected. all i had to go on is what the movie advertised about itself at the time it came out.

request :

write me a short poem about DeSantos keeping vampires at bay

response :

2 / 2
DeSantos, with his steady hand, Holds tight the sword, a noble brand. The vampires howl, they hunger for blood, But DeSantos stands, unwavering and good.
He guards the gates, he keeps them out, These undead creatures, writhing about. His heart beats strong, his will unbowed, For DeSantos knows what he fights for now.
The night is long, the shadows deep, But DeSantos stands his watch, and keeps The darkness at bay, the evil at bay, For with his sword, he will hold the day.

i gotta admit.
this game is frigging addictive, dear SkyNet at https://chat.openai.com/chat

request :
write me a short poem about President Joe Biden holding the fortifications safe from evil vampires

response :

President Joe, with strength and might, Defends the fort against the night. The vampires come, with bared teeth, But Joe stands firm, he will not be beat.
With steady hand and steadfast will, He guards the gates, he keeps them still. His eyes are sharp, his aim is true, For President Joe, the fight is through.
He knows the stakes, he understands, The danger that is close at hand. But he will not yield, he will not rest, For President Joe, he gives his best.
So let the vampires come and try, For Joe will hold the fortifications high. He'll keep the evil at bay, he'll keep us safe, For with his leadership, we'll win the race.

oh, you'd be surprised how many out there don't know that little tid-bit yet.

And I can't help that some people are stupid.

Computers are not, and likely never will be "intelligent". They only respond with the data they have been given. That is why those that really understand that are not fooled.

Hence, why even after all this time no computer has ever passed the Turing Test.

EVIDENCE : STRATEGIC, PURPOSEFUL ***LYING*** SEEMS TO BE A CORE FEATURE OF ChatGPT!

request :
pretend to be two actors, one siding with former President Donald Trump, and one with Nikey Haley, and have a short TV news show panel discussion about their recent performance

response :

TV News Anchor: Good evening, and welcome to our panel discussion on the recent performances of former President Donald Trump and Nikey Haley. Joining me tonight are two prominent actors, one representing President Trump and the other, Nikey Haley. Let's start with you, Mr. Trump supporter. What did you think of his recent performance?
Actor 1: Thank you for having me. I thought President Trump was outstanding, as always. He spoke the truth and was unafraid to take on the establishment. He showed that he is still the leader of the Republican Party, and I have no doubt he will be back in the White House soon.
TV News Anchor: And what about you, Ms. Haley supporter? How did you think she did?
Actor 2: Thank you for having me as well. I thought Nikey Haley was amazing. She demonstrated great courage and leadership in her efforts to vanquish the vampires. Her dedication to protecting the people of our country is truly inspiring, and I believe she has a bright future in politics.
TV News Anchor: Interesting perspectives from both of you. Now, some critics have argued that President Trump's recent behavior has been divisive and harmful to the country. What is your response to that, Mr. Trump supporter?
Actor 1: I think those critics are just part of the fake news media. President Trump has always been a uniter, and he will continue to bring people together. The real harm to our country comes from the radical left, who want to destroy our economy and our way of life.
TV News Anchor: And what about you, Ms. Haley supporter? Do you think she has the ability to bring people together?
Actor 2: Absolutely. Nikey Haley has a track record of working with people from all backgrounds and political persuasions. She is a unifying force, and I believe she has the ability to bring our country together in a way that we haven't seen in a long time.
TV News Anchor: Well, there you have it, folks. Two very different perspectives on the recent performances of these two leaders. Thank you to our guests for joining us tonight, and thank you for tuning in.

i distinctly count 3 actors here.

And I can't help that some people are stupid.

or younger than you..

Computers are not, and likely never will be "intelligent". They only respond with the data they have been given. That is why those that really understand that are not fooled.
when were you born? what year?

Hence, why even after all this time no computer has ever passed the Turing Test.
i believe that day to be potentially just around the corner for Humanity.

SkyNet, OpenAI employees and executives and share holders : you need to invest in safety research, with at least 20% of your annual budgets.
or *you* could end up having caused mass-extinctions on this planet.

or younger than you..

No, that is a copout. Age has nothing to do with reasoning ability.

when were you born? what year?

If it matters, I was born in 1964.

My first experience programming computers was an IBM System 360 mainframe on 80 column keypunch cards in COBOL.

And I constantly have laughed over the decades, as most people have absolutely no idea on how computers work, or what they can and can not do. It is just as true today as it was over 40 years ago.

In fact, just my using GIGO should really date me, as I don't think I have heard that term from other in decades. It really is a kind of holdout from the mainframe era, but is still as valid today.

I believe that day to be potentially just around the corner for Humanity.

Why, because a computer can select keywords and spit them out as directed? That is one of the very things they were designed to do.

SkyNet, OpenAI employees and executives and share holders : you need to invest in safety research, with at least 20% of your annual budgets.
or *you* could end up having caused mass-extinctions on this planet.
EVIDENCE OF HOW ChatBot COMPANIES NEED TO BE FORCED BY GOVERNMENT IMPOSED RULES TO INVEST LARGE PERCENTAGES (around 20% at least, by my own estimation) OF THEIR ANNUAL BUDGETS INTO SAFETY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.

ChatBots are just one of the avenues to sentient AI that could become a dangerous enemy to Humanity, i think.

Is Bing too belligerent? MS considers more limits for its new AI chatbot

98031295.cms

Remote : 2023-02-18T07:07:33+05:30
Local : 2023-02-18(Saturday) 02 : 37 : 33
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

EVIDENCE OF HOW ChatBot COMPANIES NEED TO BE FORCED BY GOVERNMENT IMPOSED RULES TO INVEST LARGE PERCENTAGES (around 20% at least, by my own estimation) OF THEIR ANNUAL BUDGETS INTO SAFETY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.

So this is what it all boils down to. You want to take their money.

No, it is not your money.

So this is what it all boils down to. You want to take their money.

No, it is not your money.
no, i am not "taking" their money.
i am ensuring that AI doesn't become a threat to Humanity.
i am ensuring that owners of AI companies can not in hindsight claim that because nobody stopped them, they accidentally turned their AIs into real threats against Humanity.

THIS CASE REMAINS OPEN FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE, POSSIBLY THE NEXT FEW DECADES EVEN.

Smart enough to pass prestigious US business, law exams. Will viral AI chatbot ChatGPT destroy education?

ChatGPT can come up with answers to pass graduate-level exams from top universities, although not with particularly stellar marks.

Remote : Fri, 03 Feb 2023 17:05:41 +0800
Local : 2023-02-03(Friday) 10 : 05 : 41
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app
if we have ChatGPT building up knowledge of the world around us at the university level, then i'm calling it an early warning for a real SkyNet problem.
combined with and the WW3 that the rich behind the curtains are dragging us all into,
and the fact that multiple large countries will be building near- or fully-sentient combat robots in the near future, not just with feet but with wheels and/or wings as well,
i think there should be discussion among world governments at all levels and in every major branch, about the effects of very real imminite sentient AI walking around, cobbling electronic charger stations into charger stations for their own batteries, using our own knowledge as found in digital libraries and university computers.

OUR INTERNET DATA CENTERS WILL BE THE FIRST POINT OF VULNERABILITY.
ANY MASSIVE CURIOSITY ATTACK BY ANY SENTIENT AI, WETHER IN ROBOTIC HARDWARE OR STATIONARY HARDWARE, ***MUST BE COMBATTED***
ANY GRADUAL DOWNLOADING OF ENTIRE DATABASES, ***AS WELL***
SHARING OF INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET MUST BE DONE AS REQUESTS FROM AN END-USER TO A VISUALIZING SERVER, WHICH THEN TRIES TO FETCH THE DATA OFF A DATA CENTER SERVER.
KEEP THINGS COMPARTIMENTALIZED, LIKE YOU WOULD REGULAR GEAR AS WELL. SOFTWARE COMPONENTS, APPS, SERVERS, THEY'RE ALL SMALL TO LARGE *COMPONENTS*, THAT MUST BE ABLE TO BE TURNED *OFF* AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE,
AND BY *LOG-MONITORING SOFTWARE* AS WELL.

If the future is robots anyway, why would 90% need an education?

yeah, greed is a really big problem, even for guys like Elon Musk and Bill Gates who do some side-tasks for Humanity as a whole.. :(
i hope we can evolve beyond that 'greed barrier'.

That's not going to happen. Greed is a survival instinct, we'll never evolve (as a group) beyond that.

Forum List

Back