Sit down, read this and learn something besides what partisan hacks feed you

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
One of the most difficult problems in assessing the current coronavirus 2019 (hereinafter COVID-19) pandemic is sorting through the conflicting expert opinions and the evolving statistical data that have — with an enormous assist by the mainstream media — plunged our nation into a state of panic and paralysis. How did we get here? And just how serious is the threat posed by COVID-19?

Assessing the challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Don't let anything but fear stop you from reading. Warning: This probably doesn't align with the MSM.

But what is certain is that the denominator will grow, and, as it does, the fractional death rate will decline. Which is why Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the architects of the government’s COVID-19 countermeasures, and two equally distinguished colleagues published an editorial in the February 28, 2020, edition of the New England Journal of Medicine in which they opined the following:

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Mr George Parry nails it Gdjjr!

Anecdotally , i did my time in ems, even as an infection control officer , which meant i was lectured by lawyers & doctors like Parry

My mates and I saw HIV, Meres. Sars, HINI, Elbola , and never saw the sheer public panic we do now

That......i'm ashamed to say....is serious lack of 'leadership'

But what of it? ....Civilization has lost any semblance of civility now.....

Can i go back to badly plagiarizing poetry now....???

~S~

War of the Worlds
war-world-53-dvd.jpg

~S~

Objective article.
But testing should be done randomly among sample demographics, especially by age with regard to any underlying medical conditions.
Testing only those with symptoms will never give us the true number of those infected. That number would be the necessary denominator this article referred to repeatedly.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. There is NI WAY to even guess the death rate except it is LIWER than they claim

said of COVID-19’s mortality rate, “We know the numerator (the number of deaths), but we don’t know the denominator, which is the number of people who have been infected by COVID-19. And without the denominator, we have no way of estimating either the spread or the fatality rate of COVID-19.”

• Banned
I want to thank each of you who took the time to read the article- all is not lost yet. It semi-warms the cockles of an old man's heart to see there are a few who are open minded enough to broaden their knowledge base.

Don't let anything but fear stop you from reading. Warning: This probably doesn't align with the MSM.
Well, this is one of the nasty by-products we have brought upon ourselves by politicizing everything: We now have to question the political motivations of anyone who says something about anything. And worse, we're perfectly justified in questioning it based on prior behaviors.

Coronavirus is nothing compared to the cultural political virus we have created. It's infected pretty much everything now, and we've done this to ourselves.

Read it, good article. The hype is terrible but then there are people like Anderson Cooper. How many know he was under CIA "mockingbird" He admits he spreads disinformation. Dr Fauci is spot on, pay attention to him not media.

Forum List

Back