Since there is no test for the Delta Variant, how do they know who has it?

How do I find out if I have delta?
No one is being diagnosed with the delta variant, or any other variant. Routine tests that individuals receive to determine whether they have COVID-19 do not reveal whether the disease was caused by the delta variant.

But through what is known as genomic sequencing, public health officials examine samples of cases to estimate what percentage were caused by delta.

Genomic sequencing from a positive test sample, said Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University Medical Center, "would tell you unequivocally what variant infected that person."

No one is being diagnosed with the delta variant, or any other variant. Routine tests that individuals receive to determine whether they have COVID-19 do not reveal whether the disease was caused by the delta variant.

But through what is known as genomic sequencing, public health officials examine samples of cases to estimate what percentage were caused by delta.

Genomic sequencing from a positive test sample, said Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University Medical Center, "would tell you unequivocally what variant infected that person."
I want to know if I have delta. How do I find out if I have it? Is there a test I can take? Where do I take this test?

I want to know if I have delta. How do I find out if I have it? Is there a test I can take? Where do I take this test?

What percentage of tests are backed up by genomic testing?
Why does it matter? They take a sample size like they do any other contagious disease like influenza.

Why do you guys argue such useless points?

But if you need something

What variant are these spikes?

View attachment 518812
Unfortunately you are more correct than you think.
People are taking revenge vacations by air travel...and it's not exactly helpful to pack 90+ people in a sealed hollow metal tube to all breathe the same air at 30,000 feet..... providing that they didn't catch anything while standing in line for security screenings or ticket checks or baggage claim or at any one of the vendors inside the airport.

Just saying...

The poly chain remarace (forgive the spelling) is also known as a PCR test is what you just described. It's a way of expanding the amount of DNA of a virus multiple times to get enough to sequence the DNA of the virus.

Vaccinated people are dying. They are getting covid, they are getting delta, they are DYING.

Not even remotely close to the number of unvaccinated.

you absolute fucking idiots.

EDIT: Why do you guys say COVID and Delta like they are two different diseases?

Anyone who tests positive undergoes additional testing for Delta.
Science - Ain't it amazing?
Here - LEARN something Loony Bin!

Is there a delta variant COVID-19 test?​

Current COVID-19 tests can’t always detect the delta variant. The delta variant “carries distinctive biological markers that some among the dozens of commercially available COVID tests from academic institutes and medical giants may not be able to sense,” according to Fortune.

How to stay safe from delta variant of the coronavirus

If you’re really interested in knowing if you have the delta variant, you may want try out the polymerase chain reaction testing platforms, which looks at the genetic variations within the virus to determine its strains.

• However, that test can take longer than a rapid test, which often takes about 30 minutes. PCR tests can take a few days to get the results and include some biological details about the virus you’re infected with.
  • “Those faster diagnostics may be able to sense whether or not you’re generally infected with COVID, but not necessarily whether it’s the delta strain specifically that’s afflicting you,” according to Fortune.
Avacta, a medical firm, has been building a test to detect the delta variant. And the U.K. seems to be building technology to keep an eye on the delta variant through specific tests.

How do officials discover the variants, then?​

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can look at specific cases of the coronavirus through genetic sequencing. But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

• According to the CDC, sequenced cases are COVID-19 cases that the CDC has examined to review their genetic makeup and code. This is how variants of the virus are often discovered.

There are just as many, if not more, lefties not getting the vaccine. There are multiple reasons why many Americans don't want the vaccine. As usual the Left just ignores the facts and smears it as a Righty-Trumpy movement. This is why the Left has no credibility.
Do you have a link on this ^ butt nugget?
Didn't think so :rolleyes-41:

Why does it matter? They take a sample size like they do any other contagious disease like influenza.

Why do you guys argue such useless points?

But if you need something

Its obviously too complicated a concept for them to grasp.

Seems strange the Gubmint claims the Delta Variant is running rampant when there is no test to detect it being given to the public.

Could the Biden Regime be trying to scare the public into submission again?

Sewage water analysis. They do tests at waste treatment sites. They also do DNA analysis on the virus. Didn't you take science in high school? Or watch anything other than FOX News? It's not like you have a real job, and have to work for your food and shelter.

Seems strange the Gubmint claims the Delta Variant is running rampant when there is no test to detect it being given to the public.

Could the Biden Regime be trying to scare the public into submission again?

Fact check can’t rate it either way, because it does not know what it’s talking about. If it did, it would have to apologize to the people for being stupid: Delta variant carries the same mutation as both California variants, and science cannot answer the question as to which mutations are neutral or assisting in the increased transmission. Therefore, it’s impossible to identify anything a Delta variant can or cannot do without implicating other variants.

Anyone who tests positive undergoes additional testing for Delta.
Science - Ain't it amazing?
Here - LEARN something Loony Bin!

Is there a delta variant COVID-19 test?​

Current COVID-19 tests can’t always detect the delta variant. The delta variant “carries distinctive biological markers that some among the dozens of commercially available COVID tests from academic institutes and medical giants may not be able to sense,” according to Fortune.

How to stay safe from delta variant of the coronavirus

If you’re really interested in knowing if you have the delta variant, you may want try out the polymerase chain reaction testing platforms, which looks at the genetic variations within the virus to determine its strains.

• However, that test can take longer than a rapid test, which often takes about 30 minutes. PCR tests can take a few days to get the results and include some biological details about the virus you’re infected with.
  • “Those faster diagnostics may be able to sense whether or not you’re generally infected with COVID, but not necessarily whether it’s the delta strain specifically that’s afflicting you,” according to Fortune.
Avacta, a medical firm, has been building a test to detect the delta variant. And the U.K. seems to be building technology to keep an eye on the delta variant through specific tests.

How do officials discover the variants, then?​

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can look at specific cases of the coronavirus through genetic sequencing. But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

• According to the CDC, sequenced cases are COVID-19 cases that the CDC has examined to review their genetic makeup and code. This is how variants of the virus are often discovered.

Link us up to everyone who tests positive undergoes additional testing for the delta variant. Back that up.

Oh, and from your link:

But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

Sewage water analysis. They do tests at waste treatment sites. They also do DNA analysis on the virus. Didn't you take science in high school? Or watch anything other than FOX News? It's not like you have a real job, and have to work for your food and shelter.
WTF are you babbling about, Dipshit?

You make zero sense...............as always.

Fact check can’t rate it either way, because it does not know what it’s talking about. If it did, it would have to apologize to the people for being stupid: Delta variant carries the same mutation as both California variants, and science cannot answer the question as to which mutations are neutral or assisting in the increased transmission. Therefore, it’s impossible to identify anything a Delta variant can or cannot do without implicating other variants.
So they don't have a clue who and how many are infected with the delta variant.

Got it.

Link us up to everyone who tests positive undergoes additional testing for the delta variant. Back that up.

Oh, and from your link:

But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.
83% of current COVID positives are Delta. How do you think the CDC knows this - SCIENCE maybe? :rolleyes-41:
Be a breeding ground for variants Trumptard - Just stay the hell away from the rest of us.

Forum List

Back