Simone Bails

She said that the pressure of being The Star of the Olympics was focusing too much on her.
Was she “The Star” or is this more unfettered self absorbed emotion?

Last edited:
Sometimes the younger the athlete, the less they feel pressure. Golfers get the "yips" at a certain age that turns their putting to shit (see Tom Watson). Gymnastics is a young girl sport. At 24, she may have lost some drive.

The pressure is intense on a world class Olympic athlete. The expectations, the media glare, the fact that there is always someone who wants to knock you down a peg (see Gymnastic judges). It was also exacerbated by the one year delay.

ALL these guys go through something at one level or another, particularly after their Olympic careers are over.

Yeah... so you didn't address the question at all.
So she is more special than they are because she quit on her team mates, while the others stuck through it?
So the new admiration virtue is quiting instead of doing?
So the new Nike slogan should be "just quit"

She is not special. She is among a very long line of Olympic super stars over many decades. They didn't quit. She quits, and we are all suppose to celebrate her for that?
If she returns for the singles and gets gold... then all she did was give her team a big FUCK YOU - my own gold is more important.

Oh fuck that!
Why is she special??
Go ahead... line it out. Why is she more special than the 10,000's of other olympians?
What pressure does she feel than no others do?
You don't think Nadia Comăneci didn't feel pressure?? She was 14 years old!!! I guarantee you her pressure was triple anything Simone has ever felt.
A lady on the radio said Biles ran the risk of a broken neck. So is Biles just now realizing this,
if that's her rationale for dropping out?
And will she conquer that fear if she returns to compete for herself? Or not?

Lots of athletes risk injury to themselves: divers, weightlifters, basketball players,
soccer players, judo, boxers and wrestling athletes, etc.

Perhaps the Olympics should reformulate their competition so no one can possibly hurt themself.

Waaay
Fuck that.

When an athlete reaches a certain level, as Biles has, there's no question they're going to be met with an incredible amount of pressure.

But they know that. Biles knew it. If you're not mentally tough enough to handle it, you shouldn't be there, period. I remember once seeing Tiger Woods lose his shit when someone took a picture of him as he started his backswing. Woods stopped and said "C'MON, MAN!! REALLY?"

My take on it is that if you're the best in your field, and a single snap of a camera shutter sends you over the edge, you might not be mentally fit enough to compete.

So, the US Women's Gymnastic Team won the silver. That's good, but not as good as it could've been. It would be a travesty if she, too, were awarded a silver medal. She should either choose to compete and remian in Tokyo, or quit the team, pack her shit and come home...
Furthermore, if she's not well enough to compete in the team event, she should be disqualified from the individual events for the same reason...
Confederate Soldier like we said--she's a loser
Waaay overhyped by all woke media outlets, on every commercial, blah blah blah. Then when the same excellence in performance wasn't there this time and she knew she couldn't win and keep all the hype, she quit.

Typical woke athlete.

Yeah... so you didn't address the question at all.
So she is more special than they are because she quit on her team mates, while the others stuck through it?
So the new admiration virtue is quiting instead of doing?
So the new Nike slogan should be "just quit"

She is not special. She is among a very long line of Olympic super stars over many decades. They didn't quit. She quits, and we are all suppose to celebrate her for that?
If she returns for the singles and gets gold... then all she did was give her team a big FUCK YOU - my own gold is more important.
Oh for the love of God please chill. I didn't suggest she is "more special". I don't think you understand sports psychology. Some of these kids start when they are like 3 or 4 years old. They don't have normal childhoods.

So when one of them decides to take a step back, I refuse to judge them as you seem quite comfortable doing.

I also didn't say that I "celebrated" her decision. Nope, I merely respect it. You should too.

Won't be remembered? Gotta disagree. Her legacy is assured. And people can talk about "mental strength" just as soon as they personally feel that kind of pressure.
Her legacy is definitely assured. She will forever be known as the American gymnast who failed her teammates.

And I'm a combat Vet, motherfucker. Believe me when I say that, if you want "pressure", it's not gonna' be found tumbling across some gymnasium mat...

Oh for the love of God please chill. I didn't suggest she is "more special". I don't think you understand sports psychology. Some of these kids start when they are like 3 or 4 years old. They don't have normal childhoods.

So when one of them decides to take a step back, I refuse to judge them as you seem quite comfortable doing.

I also didn't say that I "celebrated" her decision. Nope, I merely respect it. You should too.

The time to "take a step back" would've been before she ever got onto an airplane...

A lady on the radio said Biles ran the risk of a broken neck. So is Biles just now realizing this,
if that's her rationale for dropping out?
And will she conquer that fear if she returns to compete for herself? Or not?

Lots of athletes risk injury to themselves: divers, weightlifters, basketball players,
soccer players, judo, boxers and wrestling athletes, etc.

Perhaps the Olympics should reformulate their competition so no one can possibly hurt themself.
Oh if she returns for the singles that says it all. She didn't care about her team mates, just herself.
That is not even open to debate.
Of course for the virtue signalers, they have already chosen the narrative that "somehow" she is better than all of the other athletes that stuck it out.
Could it be because she is black? Nooooooo

Whatever kid.
Respect comes with accomplishments, not quiting.
She is a world class gymnast. No one can ever take that away from her. Amazing talent. Probably currently the best in the world.
But respect quiting your team mates when they need you the most??
Oh hell no.
That is ridiculous.

She may only be remembered by those that follow women's gymnastics. Most of the rest of us will have forgotten here by MLB Playoffs.
It is not really about us
Never fear... The warped leftist with their lying media lapdogs will do their best to spin this betrayal of her teammates as both stunning and brave.

tenor.gif
Well it is free country, we can quit if we want but she has betrayed her team and herself. It was not brave and she has screwed up her career. There will be consequences for her and her team as well as who ever was the alternate are already paying them. My heart goes out to who ever was just short of making the team and her team mates.

Oh fuck that!
Why is she special??
Go ahead... line it out. Why is she more special than the 10,000's of other olympians?
What pressure does she feel than no others do?
You don't think Nadia Comăneci didn't feel pressure?? She was 14 years old!!! I guarantee you her pressure was triple anything Simone has ever felt.
You guarantee? How could guarantee such a thing?

thye said she was brave --for QUITTING!!! that's the libs and left for you---up is down --west is east

If you are a little Negro girl that is how the Libtard press will spin it.

if she was going to quit then she should have done it before the USA put together the team.

I always told my sons that if they joined something they had to stick it out. Evidently her family failed to instill that value in her.

A fantastic take on Simone's selfish attitude...

Simone -
I feel like I’m also not having as much fun. This Olympic Games I wanted it to be for myself but I came in and I felt like I was still doing it for other people. It hurts my heart that doing what I love has been kind of taken away from me to please other people.

Response -

I have some news for her. She IS doing what she does for other people…a lot of other people. There are lots of people who have sponsored her all along her journey to Tokyo. Her decisions don’t affect just her. She is part of a team. She has a responsibility to them. She has a responsibility to sponsors. She has a responsibility to her fellow citizens under whose flag she competes.
Do I believe she should wantonly accept unreasonable risk? Of course not. But she is not a grade-schooler doing tumbling as an after-school activity. She is at the peak of her chosen profession, at the top of Olympus as it were. To arrive and stay at that level, you more often than not, have to roll the hard six…and recognize that it’s definitely not, all about you.

Forum List

Back