Simone Bails

I actually have ADD. It is perhaps the most over diagnosed condition in human history, and that is not an exaggeration. It bugs the shit out of me to hear people say "I have ADD too"... and yet they have virtually none of the symptoms of it.
Anyway... it is not a serious condition. The medicine prescribed for it, which is also considered the most over prescribed drug in the world also btw, is not life sustaining. At all.
I refuse to take any drugs for it. I don't want to be on, basically, speed everyday of my life. No thank you.
As a person who competes in sports fr a living - she should not be taking it. It absolutely gives her an unfair advantage. It is speed for Pete's sake.
If the governing body gives her the exemption, I'm fine with it...

You are just a hate filled, racist hag. I am pretty sure she has been tested many times already, take that bullshit somewhere else.

Actually that's exactly what you are. I've never heard of her, I know that you do not let your team down.

She will be remembered as the one that quit. She will not be forgotten but will wish she was forgotten.
Never fear... The warped leftist with their lying media lapdogs will do their best to spin this betrayal of her teammates as both stunning and brave.

tenor.gif

Actually that's exactly what you are. I've never heard of her, I know that you do not let your team down.
You shall now be labeled as a racist for not knowing who she is.

That's how racists like IM2 operate. How fucking dare you not know who she is...

Oh, sorry, I forgot you already.
Ya, I bet what ever girl that was stuck as an alternate has not forgotten. You take a spot on a team you show up and give it your all. Ya don't quit because your feelins are hurt. If I am that coach she does not get another chance.

Simone Biles sends a powerful message to dark kids all over the world.....
”When you feel stressed....JUST QUIT”
Awesome mentor and role model.
Well, very uncharitable of you to spit it right there, in front of God and everybody, but I cannot say that I disagree. Been pretty plain-spoken myself much of my life. Decent ironic humor in my book.

Or maybe you've been reading old news, dumbass.
"Old news" from just this week? Old news regarding Biles recent withdrawal from part of the gymnastic
competition in the Tokyo Olympics?

You're too fucking stupid for belief. You ought to be institutionalized.

She'll now be remembered as the girl who cost the American women's gymnastic team the gold medal in Tokyo.

Truly unfortunate, it looks like she let social media get the best of her.
I don't bet you understand the pressure she was under. Give the girl a little space eh? If her mind ain't right, then the GOAT ain't gonna perform well. I wish her well and hope she'll be back for the individuals.

If so, it will be a great comeback story!

Mental strength is as important as physical strength, especially at that level. You can blame it on the media all you want. The mental weakness was hers. A couple of years from now, she won't be remembered as anything in sports, one way or the other.
Won't be remembered? Gotta disagree. Her legacy is assured. And people can talk about "mental strength" just as soon as they personally feel that kind of pressure.

Fuck that.

When an athlete reaches a certain level, as Biles has, there's no question they're going to be met with an incredible amount of pressure.

But they know that. Biles knew it. If you're not mentally tough enough to handle it, you shouldn't be there, period. I remember once seeing Tiger Woods lose his shit when someone took a picture of him as he started his backswing. Woods stopped and said "C'MON, MAN!! REALLY?"

My take on it is that if you're the best in your field, and a single snap of a camera shutter sends you over the edge, you might not be mentally fit enough to compete.

So, the US Women's Gymnastic Team won the silver. That's good, but not as good as it could've been. It would be a travesty if she, too, were awarded a silver medal. She should either choose to compete and remian in Tokyo, or quit the team, pack her shit and come home...
Do you play golf? Any noise in the middle of a backswing is enough to cause a shank or a duck hook. Athletes are entitled to lose their shit from time to time when spectators behave like assholes.

Oh, please.

Michael Phelps has a net worth of around $80,000,000. Scott Hamilton has a net worth of around $30,000,000. In 2015, prior to becoming Caitlyn, Bruce Jenner had amassed a fortune of $100,000,000. What do they all have in common?

Each won Olympic gold...
Simone has already cashed in pretty good. And whether she competes or sits the rest of this one out, she will continue to do so. She's very impressive in ads. Even if that dries up, there's a book and speaking engagements. If nothing else, she can be a spokesperson for mental health issues.

Phelps had his mental issues too. He's doing fine obviously.

Do you play golf? Any noise in the middle of a backswing is enough to cause a shank or a duck hook. Athletes are entitled to lose their shit from time to time when spectators behave like assholes.

We'll just disagree on this. Someone at that level should be able to maintain their concentration a bit more...

Won't be remembered? Gotta disagree. Her legacy is assured. And people can talk about "mental strength" just as soon as they personally feel that kind of pressure.
Oh fuck that!
Why is she special??
Go ahead... line it out. Why is she more special than the 10,000's of other olympians?
What pressure does she feel than no others do?
You don't think Nadia Comăneci didn't feel pressure?? She was 14 years old!!! I guarantee you her pressure was triple anything Simone has ever felt.

Oh fuck that!
Why is she special??
Go ahead... line it out. Why is she more special than the 10,000's of other olympians?
What pressure does she feel than no others do?
You don't think Nadia Comăneci didn't feel pressure?? She was 14 years old!!! I guarantee you her pressure was triple anything Simone has ever felt.
Sometimes the younger the athlete, the less they feel pressure. Golfers get the "yips" at a certain age that turns their putting to shit (see Tom Watson). Gymnastics is a young girl sport. At 24, she may have lost some drive.

The pressure is intense on a world class Olympic athlete. The expectations, the media glare, the fact that there is always someone who wants to knock you down a peg (see Gymnastic judges). It was also exacerbated by the one year delay.

ALL these guys go through something at one level or another, particularly after their Olympic careers are over.

Forum List

Back