Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #3

:lol: I liked that movie. Bad movies are fun!

I read "IT". Movies always stink compared to the books

I preferred One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest..or Roman history...I might even be desperate to read the Bible or J.R. Tolken, but never Mr. King.

This game will be greater than the last, and will utilize another hidden layer. It'll be damned fun. :D

You may want to use a notepad. I tend to scritch down little things that don't add up or make sense.

As for the story, you're all evil entities, and you've happened upon a building filled with scared and delicious humans. Normally it'd be a free for all, but the Rules of Evil demand that all tasty humans in excess of one dozen be shared equally. However, rumors spread that four evil entities plan to have all those valuable humans to themselves...

1390759296284.png

All flavors picked. All game roles decided. 14:4 this game. All that's left now is randomization on that front.

Right now I'm tackling the rules. My memory's foggy, so if you would please remind me of any issues needing to be addressed in the rules. I'll not be thanking any posts. My goal is to only post Vote Counts and Lynch/Morning scenes; anything not dire will be addressed in them instead. However as game mod I reserve the right to address the most important issues in an emergency post.

As for the rules, I'll be very lenient, but I'm going to enforce them. If a player breaks a rule, he or she will receive a gentle warning via PM. Staying on the lenient side, it'll take 5 gentle warnings before getting modkilled. A player should only be given three strikes, but because of the nature of the beast I'm going to err on the side of leniency.

On cheating, do not accuse players in-game. Don't even HINT at it. Send me a PM with your concerns and I will get in touch with you on it. If you're accused of cheating in this game, IGNORE it and, if you'd like, send me a PM. Accusing others of cheating OR responding to accusations of cheating will net a gentle reminder. I would rather deal with it myself than have another skirmish in our game; it's unfair to Town and Scum, because it distracts Town and cheapens Scum's victory. Leave that stress to me, please.

I play a lot of Mafia, and I know a thing or two about discernment. Please don't try any funny business that might hurt our game or fellow players personally. I can and will create and/or adapt the rules in response to whatever's requiring it. If you think something will hurt our game but isn't explicitly addressed in the rules, don't try it because I'll know. Everyone here is learning about the game, and probably picking up on certain game-damaging subtleties not addressed in our rules. I would rather not write a rule book in the OP. :D

The Vote Counts will be more frequent. Each one will contain a horror movie trailer. If you like horror movies, you'll probably be intrigued by the selection of trailers. Also, each VC will contain a spoiler detailing who's who, for your convenience.

As for the rules, I'll be very lenient, but I'm going to enforce them. If a player breaks a rule, he or she will receive a gentle warning via PM. Staying on the lenient side, it'll take 5 gentle warnings before getting modkilled. A player should only be given three strikes, but because of the nature of the beast I'm going to err on the side of leniency.

5 warning, 3strikes. Whats the incentive for not breaking your rules?

Normally players at the other site are given 1-2 chances before getting modkilled. Maybe I'm being too lenient, but I don't want to hear whining if a player burns through three gentle warnings and gets modkilled. The incentive would be staying in this game, though I suppose the player could be barred from the next one, too. I'm open to suggestions on leniency/strictness. I will enforce them, but I don't want to be too strict, either. It's a balancing act, and I want to be fair.

Wake-I have a tiny little issue with you being such a nice, good person. You obviously don't like enforcing rules. 5 strikes, that just gives folks 5 chances to purposefully mess up. Hire me as the game bitch patrol. I see someone mess up and I'll kick their ass. No warnings. ;) :lol:

I'm very nice and sweet, because I sacrifice wombats to appease my dark side.

Without an occasional helping of roasted wombat, I'm liable to modkill everyone.

:D

Wake-I have a tiny little issue with you being such a nice, good person. You obviously don't like enforcing rules. 5 strikes, that just gives folks 5 chances to purposefully mess up. Hire me as the game bitch patrol. I see someone mess up and I'll kick their ass. No warnings. ;) :lol:

Bitch zone rules: Just don't break the freeking rules!!

Rules post updated. You may view it here:

Game Rules
All USMB rules should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline
  • Day Phases 1 and 2 will last ten days. Subsequent Day phases will last one week.
  • Night phases will last two days.

General Rules
  • Zone 1 USMB rules are in effect. Consider our games an extension of the Lounge. You may not troll or attack personally, but you can criticize gameplay and antagonize civilly as long as it relates to the game) to your heart's content.
  • Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread.
  • Don't accuse other players of cheating openly. Please PM the host your suspicions instead.
  • Also, pretending to break a rule to fake or psyche out other players is the same as rulebreaking. You can lie and bluff all you want, otherwise.
  • Play to your win condition (play to win.)
  • If someone is modkilled, their alignment will change to “neutral survivor” and there will be no chance of them winning the game, even if their original faction wins.
  • I reserve the right to change the rules at any time, including while the game is ongoing, although there will be a warning in-thread if this happens.
  • I'll give each player three chances to not break the rules. 3 strikes, you're out. If you do this, your death scene won't be nice, either.
  • Players may not use the ignore function on other players in this game. Please don't do that. You may mentally ignore them, though.

Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will gently remind that player via PM with link.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before I start searching for a replacement.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If a replacement isn't found within a week, that slot will be modkilled.
  • You are allowed and encouraged to @mention lurking players.
  • Please keep an eye on your messages for PMs from the mod.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!

Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a simple majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post.
  • You may change your vote as many times as you wish.
  • After a lynch has been made, all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post until I lock the thread. This is the “twilight” phase.
  • If a majority of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be no lynch for that day.
  • Anybody can vote not to lynch by saying VOTE: No Lynch.
  • Dead players can make one “bah” post after their death. This may not contain any information relevant to the game. Once the mod has declared the game over, anybody can start posting in the thread again.

Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Let me repeat: Personal remarks and insults are not welcome. There is no problem with criticizing how others play in this game, but as soon as it goes beyond that line there will be two warnings before I modkill you.
  • As said before, always play to your win condition. If you get yourself lynched, you'll lose next game.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
  • Please don't discuss pets or family in these games. Game's too volatile for that risk.
  • Experienced players are not expected to posit advice; they may do so only if they wish.

Setup
  • This game has a Day start.
  • This is a Semi-Closed game. Players won't know exactly which PRs are at play.
  • The game's 14:4. Fourteen Townies, four Scum.
  • There may be duplicate roles, and they can be either Town or Scum.
  • Scum do not have Daytalk/Daychat. They may scheme in their QT thread.

A new flavored role has been added that can be used during the Days. Town and/or Scum can have it. Let's just say people are going to get soaking wet. But hey, it's finally Summer! :D

Yes, it's possible, but not good. If a player votes for him/herself and gets lynched, that's playing against the win condition. That player forfeits the next game.

However, voting for yourself without the intent to suicide is fine. There's a guy over at the main Mafia site name Natirasha, who ALWAYS votes for himself during gamestart for fun. :D

Not Stephen "Frickin" King!!!??? That SOB is everywhere, and I've had to put up with him since Denise Weaver(original Festus) and star of his own detective show when he made this movie about a guy being chased down by a semi-truck, gheesh the seventies sucked for TV...

Duel was great for a 70s made-for-tv scary movie. <3

Wake, could we have a rule against pos/neg repping game posts? It could throw the game.

I have an issue with suicide voting - what if you're town and you an another player are at L1 and you're sure that other player is a PR? Self-voting in that case could work to your win condition. (Unless scum kills that one during the night...)

Forum List

Back