Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Resized_20200708_170157.jpeg
Productive day at work and then BAM

• Banned
View attachment 361091Productive day at work and then BAM

I believe that most insurance policies cover free replacement of broken windshields.
And last I checked, they can do it at your place of work, in the parking lot.
It depends on one's deductible, most deductibles are much higher than the cost of a windshield.

Huh. I've never had to use insurance to replace a windshield, but I was told by two different people at different times, that insurance would cover the cost of a replacement windshield, free. Your deductible didn't matter.

That means either that what people told me, was flat out wrong, or that Ohio has some unique auto insurance laws, that differ state by state.

Huh. I've never had to use insurance to replace a windshield, but I was told by two different people at different times, that insurance would cover the cost of a replacement windshield, free. Your deductible didn't matter.

That means either that what people told me, was flat out wrong, or that Ohio has some unique auto insurance laws, that differ state by state.
Or just flat out different insurance companies.

Or just flat out different insurance companies.
I think I just told wrong information by people. I looked it up, and only in very specific situations does Ohio allow you to waive the deductible for a windshield replacement.

I believe that most insurance policies cover free replacement of broken windshields.
It depends on one's deductible, most deductibles are much higher than the cost of a windshield.

I guess some insurance covers it and some doesn't and as you said it could be state by state. The last time I had it done was four years ago in El Paso, TX, I had to pay because it didn't meet my deductible. Now I'm in New Mexico, have no idea because I haven't run across that situation yet. I'm assuming it may not because there are quite a few vehicles I've seen with cracked or dinged windshields.

If you’re paying a policy premium, ain’t nothin’ free.

If you’re paying a policy premium, ain’t nothin’ free.
Right, they were saying that your insurance would cover the cost without deductibles or anything. Just free replacement, without bumping up your premiums or nothing.

But I am pretty sure I was told wrong. I've looked it up now, and I think either the law changed in the past, or their specific policy covered it, or they were just wrong....

Regardless, my prior comment isn't valid.

Forum List

Back