Show your Desktop

sya32u.jpg

^^^Looks like a Linux distro with a task bar. Looks like M$ has been snooping around.
Where? Previous Windows versions? Meanwhile, isn´t the following desktop a non-profit attack on the pure evil Microsoft monopole?[/irony]
You're feelings got hurt, again. A non-profit attack, wow. You must be making money keeping MS bloatware running.

^^^Looks like a Linux distro with a task bar. Looks like M$ has been snooping around.
Where? Previous Windows versions? Meanwhile, isn´t the following desktop a non-profit attack on the pure evil Microsoft monopole?[/irony]
You're feelings got hurt, again. A non-profit attack, wow. You must be making money keeping MS bloatware running.
Using this "bloatware", I can download programs and install them from the disk. What about your free app manager?

Using this "bloatware", I can download programs and install them from the disk. What about your free app manager?
Sounds like 80s technology to me. I press the button on the app I want and it's all automatic. The Cairo dock has a popup that asks if I want to run it. Click Ok and it opens, nothing to dick around with.

Sounds like 80s technology to me. I press the button on the app I want and it's all automatic. The Cairo dock has a popup that asks if I want to run it. Click Ok and it opens, nothing to dick around with.
A nice thing but when it is the only source for the normal user, it turns out to be a bottleneck. Why are installers so rare?

A nice thing but when it is the only source for the normal user, it turns out to be a bottleneck. Why are installers so rare?
What the fuck is wrong with you? There's no bottleneck. You have no clue and have to constantly make shit up for some reason.

What the fuck is wrong with you? There's no bottleneck. You have no clue and have to constantly make shit up for some reason.
Just because it is enough for you, that doesn´t mean your babyLinux isn´t dependent on its umbilical cord that limits the availability of programs as unnecessary side effect. No to talk about the Windows programs...

Just because it is enough for you, that doesn´t mean your babyLinux isn´t dependent on its umbilical cord that limits the availability of programs as unnecessary side effect. No to talk about the Windows programs...
That continues your irrational theme. Mint 17.1 is my main distro now, and baby sized it isn't. There are distros in the 250meg range. Your assertion that Linux programs being the only ones native to the Linux OS is some kind of bottleneck or limitation is like saying the Mac is limited because it only runs Mac software natively.

No lucid person would take that position. Open source software runs like a raped ape on Linux, that's where it gets developed. There often are Windows and even Mac versions but they run slower and are further behind in development.

That continues your irrational theme. Mint 17.1 is my main distro now, and baby sized it isn't. There are distros in the 250meg range. Your assertion that Linux programs being the only ones native to the Linux OS is some kind of bottleneck or limitation is like saying the Mac is limited because it only runs Mac software natively.

No lucid person would take that position. Open source software runs like a raped ape on Linux, that's where it gets developed. There often are Windows and even Mac versions but they run slower and are further behind in development.
You got me wrong. I said that the app manager is the only way to get apps. It is like the Play Store for Android but you can easily download apk files and install them just like exe files on Windows PCs. On PC-Linux, installers are rare. I downloaded the Nvidia drivers for Linux but do you believe Linux could do anything with that file type???

You got me wrong. I said that the app manager is the only way to get apps. It is like the Play Store for Android but you can easily download apk files and install them just like exe files on Windows PCs. On PC-Linux, installers are rare. I downloaded the Nvidia drivers for Linux but do you believe Linux could do anything with that file type???
Yes, I've done in manually. Depends on the distro you're using. The Ubuntu/offshoots have the installer run automatically. You can use either the software manager or Synaptic package manager for more advanced options. Those happen with a click and the managers handle the rest. Also the hardware manager does the same. I install the nVidia driver by clicking the one I want, there's usually 5 or 6 options with one being recommended for the kernel.

Plus there is the GDebi package installer if you want to install a program from a local source, just point to where it is, like Mac Or MS.

I have 2 Intel 730 SSD 480 Gb hard drives and a Corsair Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooling System ...

And a desktop.

Forum List

Back