Shouldn't politicans have a probation period

Of course, they'd behave during the probation period and then show their radical side later. I think all of them should be subject to reviews on a regular basis and fired if they fail to follow their campaign promises. It's not always possible to keep them, but if they get in office and do the exact opposite of what they promised, we should be able to fire them.

I know many people chalk it up to politics and say they all lie to get elected and no one holds them to their promises. Fact is that people vote for them based on those promises and it should matter. If they are not good for their word, they don't have the integrity to serve the American people. We need to hold them accountable for lies and deliberately misleading us.

I will not forgive outright lies. Bush Sr. promised no new taxes. He rightfully was put in the hot seat because he didn't say he'd try not to raise them, he stated emphatically that he wouldn't do it. Obama did the same with his promise that we could keep our plans. Period.

There is NO excuse for telling us something over and over during the campaign and during the term without checking facts and making sure what we are told is accurate. It is 100% the fault of the liar. Yes, they are outright liars when they tell us something that isn't true. No excuses are acceptable when they repeat falsehoods over and over. It is up to them to find out facts and when they make promises, they damn well better know what they are talking about. If not, they can't be trusted with anything.

Forum List

Back