Should We Revise the Race Box?

Gantlemagne

May 7, 2020
Acadia
Besides the inconsistency of having White instead of European/Cacasian, and Black instead of African; then not having color names for Atlanteans, Asians, and Indians; which I guess would be Red, Yellow, and Indigo, and Olive for Latin/Mediterranean...

When collecting demographics information, why not use Humankind's real two races, or subspecies. Let's just start identifying by actual race, H.S. Neanderthal and H.S. Sapien, then Continent of Origin if further demographics breakdown is needed.

When I have an opportunity to write race in, or answer a question, I just respond Homo Sapien Neanderthal now.

Besides the inconsistency of having White instead of European/Cacasian, and Black instead of African; then not having color names for Atlanteans, Asians, and Indians; which I guess would be Red, Yellow, and Indigo, and Olive for Latin/Mediterranean...

When collecting demographics information, why not use Humankind's real two races, or subspecies. Let's just start identifying by actual race, H.S. Neanderthal and H.S. Sapien, then Continent of Origin if further demographics breakdown is needed.
Every adult education student is entered into a database with their race identified. Feds want it so state collects it for them. Why does the government do this? It's one thing to identify race on the census, but just about every form you fill out for the government asks your race. Why?
I know us teachers don't care. It would be one thing if the different races learned differently, if that needed to be taken into account to serve them, but they don't.
Looked at one way, it almost seems to be feeding the race issue. Can we at least attempt to stop chunking people together by their race?

Every adult education student is entered into a database with their race identified. Feds want it so state collects it for them. Why does the government do this? It's one thing to identify race on the census, but just about every form you fill out for the government asks your race. Why?
I know us teachers don't care. It would be one thing if the different races learned differently, if that needed to be taken into account to serve them, but they don't.
Looked at one way, it almost seems to be feeding the race issue. Can we at least attempt to stop chunking people together by their race?
So do you advocate just not having the race box question?

With inter-racial marriage relatively common these days I believe the race box is dated. I would like it replaced with legal status for being in the USA: citizen, Green Card holder, the various types of Visa.

..what is it on some forms for something? they have a separate section for hispanics only??!!
..I think that's on firearm forms also....I've seen it on a number of forms
...?? has anyone else seen this..why do hispanics have their own section?

Do Yetis go in the white box?
I think, that's more of a hair color.
So a Yeti with an Afro is still a Yeti.
Yes... and remember, the term abominable snowman is considered a derogatory term.
looks like he/she can self ID as any color and any gender
1589060521289.png

We should eliminate it altogether.
I'd be up for that. Might be more for documentation and id cards though, as a preventative measure of id theft and fraud. So, if We use continental ancestral origin... but then again, My ancestors are from at least... 4 or 5 of the 7 Continents... so in the case of ID, I'd say Identifying as a Multi Continental (MC) Neanderthal would be apropos. If someone is a Eu. or As. N or an Af. S. or N. you have a good idea of what the genetics of the person could be. Yeah, if somone had Af. N on their ID, I would think Egyptian or Arab or Berber and then the ID would match.

..what is it on some forms for something? they have a separate section for hispanics only??!!
..I think that's on firearm forms also....I've seen it on a number of forms
...?? has anyone else seen this..why do hispanics have their own section?
That's a good question. Any conspiracy theories on that? Possibly a mentally reinforcing ID so an Aztec or Quechua person doesn't think of themselves as being Red.

When I have an opportunity to write race in, or answer a question, I just respond Homo Sapien Neanderthal now.
You are in error. Neanderthals have been extinct for millions of years. You are, in fact, presently Cro-Magnon.

Until the damage done by white racism is fixed some things need to remain

You are in error. Neanderthals have been extinct for millions of years. You are, in fact, presently Cro-Magnon.
Nope. Check the science. I'm a Homo Sapien Neanderthal. "In two new studies, genetic researchers have shown that about 20 percent of the Neanderthal genome survives in modern humans of non-African ancestry and identified exactly which areas of the human genome retain segments of Neanderthal DNA."

So do you advocate just not having the race box question?
Unless someone can explain a good reason for it, yes.

We should eliminate it altogether.
I'd be up for that. Might be more for documentation and id cards though, as a preventative measure of id theft and fraud. So, if We use continental ancestral origin... but then again, My ancestors are from at least... 4 or 5 of the 7 Continents... so in the case of ID, I'd say Identifying as a Multi Continental (MC) Neanderthal would be apropos. If someone is a Eu. or As. N or an Af. S. or N. you have a good idea of what the genetics of the person could be. Yeah, if somone had Af. N on their ID, I would think Egyptian or Arab or Berber and then the ID would match.
Continental Origin is even less useful. It's nothing but a substitute for race.

Forum List

Back