Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
I still think it is bizarre that a bunch of democrats are lecturing anyone about deficits. Many republicans will tell you that we want to control spending, and I'm betting they are serious. When the democrats start getting holier than thou, I have I hard time believing that they want to do anything other than spend as much as possible. To all the people who claim they are neutral, good luck with that. I hope you love Mexican food and your 20 hour service job. People keep pointing out how long we've had a deficit, and if a president can actually stop it without help, but that doesn't stop our supposedly non-biased regulars from bashing Trump and his supporters. Again, learn to take a win. You'll be happier accepting the good things Trump is doing, and be grateful the doom squad isn't banning everything in sight and taxing you out of your jockey shorts. If you ever find that perfect candidate that will magically get congress to write a responsible budget, let me know. I'd be interested. Otherwise, just keep griping continue to believe that government control of every industry will somehow, ironically, solve government spending.
The thing is trump talked a big game about the debt. What he delivered is higher deficits than Obama. Most of what trump does is by executive order, it will be gone quickly. The debt we are stuck with for a long time...

Thanks for showing Bill. That was the last time we had any responsibility.
Because he caved and became more moderate his 2nd term. Abandoning Leftist extremism and Democrat Fiscal Irresponsibility is always a good idea. :p

I’m glad the vote is going on the way of responsibility.
You think reducing spending is funny.

Typical unserious Leftard who doesn’t give a damn about the deficit.
Its funny how you say let’s cut all their stuff and show no responsibility for your stuff.
Like what? I’m totally for cutting spending. Name 5 things that should be cut.
I have a good idea what you’ll list.
And it’s Trump 2020 Gold.
But go for it, give us a list of where to cut.

Its funny how you say let’s cut all their stuff and show no responsibility for your stuff.
How to cut should be its own thread. This thread is to see if people still think we should be responsible. I would start by freezing any increases though...

I remember during the Obama years that the democrats had their own little pet economists that would justify deficit spending. They'd go on and on about how it was no big deal. What branch of economics is that?

I remember during the Obama years that the democrats had their own little pet economists that would justify deficit spending. They'd go on and on about how it was no big deal. What branch of economics is that?
Ask trump, he’s using the same ones.

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
Should we be responsible? I suggest otherwise. This beast cannot be reformed. The only option is to pour on the coal until the boilers explode.
Bring it.

How to cut should be its own thread. This thread is to see if people still think we should be responsible. I would start by freezing any increases though...
That’s fair.
So are you opposed to any candidate calling for large increases to the deficit?

Yeah so did trump and deficits increased drastically.
Due to the Trump Tax Cuts the United States collected more tax in 2019 revenue than it ever has in its history.....

How much of the deficit did the House Democrats pay down with all that excess? How much of the surplus did they 'bank'? Can you give me the link to that Budget they passed - I seem to have misplaced it.....

And what have Democrats said they would do?
- Destroy the successful economy, eliminate jobs, tax the crap out of Americans, and explode the deficit by giving illegal immigrants 'free' health care, education, food, housing, etc.....

:p

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the out of control spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO. And which the Democrats are equally to blame.

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
FYI the Dems have never been fiscally responsible either

No president regardless of party has ever reduced the national debt since the 1930's
That’s true. Deficits have gone up and down. I didn’t at all claim either party is responsible.
Yes you did since you only mentioned republicans in your OP wherein you implied that democrats have not thrown out fiscal responsibility

Nice try but your partisanship is once again on full display

FYI I said nothing about deficits

All you have to do is look at the DEBT at the beginning and end of each president's term(s) and you'll see that regardless of party the debt has increased

Should we be responsible? I suggest otherwise. This beast cannot be reformed. The only option is to pour on the coal until the boilers explode.
Bring it.
I can't bring myself to give you a 'thumbs up' / 'winner' for that one...but it IS funny as hell! :p

That’s fair.
So are you opposed to any candidate calling for large increases to the deficit?
Yes.

I still think it is bizarre that a bunch of democrats are lecturing anyone about deficits. Many republicans will tell you that we want to control spending, and I'm betting they are serious. When the democrats start getting holier than thou, I have I hard time believing that they want to do anything other than spend as much as possible. To all the people who claim they are neutral, good luck with that. I hope you love Mexican food and your 20 hour service job. People keep pointing out how long we've had a deficit, and if a president can actually stop it without help, but that doesn't stop our supposedly non-biased regulars from bashing Trump and his supporters. Again, learn to take a win. You'll be happier accepting the good things Trump is doing, and be grateful the doom squad isn't banning everything in sight and taxing you out of your jockey shorts. If you ever find that perfect candidate that will magically get congress to write a responsible budget, let me know. I'd be interested. Otherwise, just keep griping continue to believe that government control of every industry will somehow, ironically, solve government spending.
The thing is trump talked a big game about the debt. What he delivered is higher deficits than Obama. Most of what trump does is by executive order, it will be gone quickly. The debt we are stuck with for a long time...

I respect that. What I don't understand is some people's desire to bash people who voted for Trump, and high five each other after calling them dupes. They act like we have control over the budget, when it is pretty clear that there is no candidate to do what they wished. I'm thankful for many of the things Trump is doing, that doesn't mean I have to happy with the spending. It is not an either or situation. Maybe you guys could cut down on the gleeful you guys suck high fives?

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the prolifigate spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO.
One must pick and choose battles, and he has many battles he’s fighting. And if he takes on spending, guess which party will fight him.

Forum List

Back