Should trump testify before the Jan 6th riot hearings in Congress?

They have two serious Republicans on the Committee. That McCarthy sought to put the clown Jim Jordon on the Committee speaks volumes as to what the Republicans think about the investigation and their fear of it.

Pelosi had nothing to do with the events of 1/6 and she is being raised merely as a distraction.
Bullshit. She said she would pull Trump out of the White House by the hair.
I call that an admission of guilt.
She had the opportunity and the motive.
She was in charge of security at the Capital.
She's the primary suspect...if you're willing to keep an open mind.

A Republican on the House committee investigating the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol on Sunday did not rule out issuing a subpoena for former President Donald Trump as it seeks to obtain information from his allies.

Do you think trump would love the opportunity to testify before Congress?

trump likes the limelight.

It would be a zoo, if nothing else
No, I think he'll do everything possible to avoid testifying. He might be a tad more willing though if Congress waives him being under oath.

Bullshit. She said she would pull Trump out of the White House by the hair.
I call that an admission of guilt.
She had the opportunity and the motive.
She was in charge of security at the Capital.
She's the primary suspect...if you're willing to keep an open mind.
She was not in charge of Capitol security.

No. Nobody wants to hear him sit there and lie. Its nice that I don't see his face anymore. I don't want to see him.

A Republican on the House committee investigating the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol on Sunday did not rule out issuing a subpoena for former President Donald Trump as it seeks to obtain information from his allies.

Out of his own mouth, he would bury himself. If they just asked him if Pence was helpful with his plan, and how well did his buddy Stone do in coordinating the attack at the Capitol. His displeasure with both of them and the unsuccessful attempt would drive him into one of his tantrums and insane rants.

They have two serious Republicans on the Committee. That McCarthy sought to put the clown Jim Jordon on the Committee speaks volumes as to what the Republicans think about the investigation and their fear of it.

Pelosi had nothing to do with the events of 1/6 and she is being raised merely as a distraction.
lord you are so full of shit.

trump offered 10k national guards.
she refused.

then, while an "insurrection" is going on, shortly after Ashley was shot, she wants to know about lunch.

lord you are so full of shit.

trump offered 10k national guards.
she refused.

then, while an "insurrection" is going on, shortly after Ashley was shot, she wants to know about lunch.

& now for the truth. you know .... the facts?

& here ya go:

Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

By ARIJETA LAJKAJuly 23, 2021

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.

THE FACTS: On Tuesday, a false claim about the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol resurfaced suggesting that Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to lawmakers’ defense during the insurrection at the Capitol.
“@SpeakerPelosi, why did you block the National Guard from protecting the Capitol?” Indiana Rep. Jim Banks tweeted.
Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy posed a similar question on Fox News saying, “Was there a decision by the Speaker not to have the National Guard at the Capitol that day?”

The answer is no.

“On January 6th, the Speaker, a target of an assassination attempt that day, was no more in charge of Capitol security than Mitch McConnell was. This is a clear attempt to whitewash what happened on January 6th and divert blame,” Drew Hammill, a spokesperson for Pelosi told The Associated Press in an email.
The decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol is made by what is known as the Capitol Police Board, which is made up of the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The board decided not to call the guard ahead of the insurrection but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun, and the troops arrived several hours later.
The House Sergeant at Arms reports to Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms reported to McConnell, a Republican who was then Senate Majority Leader. There is no evidence that either directed the security officials not to call the guard beforehand, and Hammill said after the insurrection that Pelosi was never informed of such a request.
The officials on the board, along with the former Capitol Police chief, Steven Sund, have disputed each others’ accounts of who requested the guard when. Both Sergeants of Arms and the police chief resigned immediately after the attack.
Once Trump’s supporters were assaulting police and breaking into the building, Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer appealed to military leaders, asking the Army to deploy the National Guard.
“The Speaker believes security officials should make security decisions. The Speaker immediately signaled her support for the deployment of the National Guard when she was presented with that recommendation on the afternoon of January 6th. Public testimony confirms the fact that the Speaker was not made aware of any request for such a deployment prior to then,” Hammill said in a statement this week.

Republicans have falsely laid the blame on Pelosi without mentioning that GOP Leader McConnell had similar authority over the security officials that day. But there is no evidence that either was involved in any effort to block the National Guard before or during the insurrection.
___
Associated Press writer Mary Clare Jalonick in Washington contributed to this story.
___
This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to address widely shared misinformation, including work with Facebook and other platforms to add context to misleading content and reduce its circulation online.
Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

you're welcome.

Per America's constitution, I suppose it would be his choice.

No, I think he'll do everything possible to avoid testifying. He might be a tad more willing though if Congress waives him being under oath.
Oaths mean nothing to trump, look what he did as president. He will always think his lies are the truth; he will always think he is above the law. The man is a total psychopath.

Trump wasn't there....he's not a material witness.
They should question members of congress that were there.
Technicalities. He orchestrated the whole thing. There would not have been a January 6th if there had not been a trump in the first place. Besides, he had his buddy Stone at the Capitol as his partner in crime.

Nope....not true at all.
Trump is more popular now than he was when he left office.....mainly because we've all seen how Biden doesn't do a thing about any problems. He's too busy creating problems.....not solving them.
Biden is working hard to clear up all of
trump's messes.

All I know is there are people held in solitary confinement since January without trial, some without charges. This goes against everything in the Bill of Rights. that democRats ignore and we have allowed them to get away with. We have the right to petition the government for grievances and I can't think of any better grievances that a mental idiot winning an election with fraud. We have the right to a speedy trial. We have a right not to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment, or use too. If you ask me it is the democrats that should be on trial for their violation of these citizens' rights. Something tells me next time those murdering White House police will not be met by unarmed protesters.

I think he should perform so our reasons for ousting him can be vindicated.

The country needs to have another glance at how close they came to installing a fascist.

All I know is there are people held in solitary confinement since January without trial, some without charges. This goes against everything in the Bill of Rights. that democRats ignore and we have allowed them to get away with. We have the right to petition the government for grievances and I can't think of any better grievances that a mental idiot winning an election with fraud. We have the right to a speedy trial. We have a right not to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment, or use too. If you ask me it is the democrats that should be on trial for their violation of these citizens' rights. Something tells me next time those murdering White House police will not be met by unarmed protesters.
Oh calm down, they are traitors and insurrectionists.

You think there are still people in jail now? I wonder if they can have visitors. I'll visit them and interview them for my YouTube channel.

Biden is working hard to clear up all of
trump's messes.
Yeah, Trump was building a wall, Biden is tearing it down. Trump wanted to have kids taught patriotism in school, Biden rather has unpatriotic taught. Trump says whatever on his mind with no filter, Biden misreads from a script. You're right.

Forum List

Back