Should political parties be abolished?

Think about it - you will get to see what candidates actually stand for. They will no longer have to reinvent their positions in order to fund their campaigns.

It's win - win.

We will vote for a person and not a party. It's only bad if you are a partisan hack who parks his/her brain at the door and "goes along" with whatever garbage gets served up.

Cap on political monies spent on campaigns with no official endorsements from any political entity.

Big business will not be able to make contributions. All lobbyist can hit the door.

President will no longer get to appoint ANYONE.

Are YOU for this? If not, please let us know why.

There will be a shock to the system since the States have delegated much of the responsibility to parties. Additionally, when you vote for President, the vote your casting translates into a slate of electors the party selects.

Not against getting rid of political parties since it represents a change. A better position would be to have far more stronger parties...serious candidates with serious platforms (why can't we have 2 parties that are for women's rights???? But perhaps differ on environmental policy) with serious $$$ behind them.

There is some merit to what you suggest but it's not the best idea in my view.

Think about it - you will get to see what candidates actually stand for. They will no longer have to reinvent their positions in order to fund their campaigns.

It's win - win.

We will vote for a person and not a party. It's only bad if you are a partisan hack who parks his/her brain at the door and "goes along" with whatever garbage gets served up.

Cap on political monies spent on campaigns with no official endorsements from any political entity.

Big business will not be able to make contributions. All lobbyist can hit the door.

President will no longer get to appoint ANYONE.

Are YOU for this? If not, please let us know why.

I share your furstration with the duelopoly.

The solutions to REFORM are way too complex and there's no point proposing them because the system is so structured as to make them impossible now.

I do wish I could be more hopeful, but the system is so rotten that I don't think it can be saved.

Forum List

Back