Should Pete be fired for taking time off to play house like children do during a major crisis?

Should Pete be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Every father needs time off to learn how to breast feed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any man who takes months of maternity leave because he and his gay husband adopt a child isn't fit to be in charge of anything to be honest. I don't see how a person that would do that is me tally competent to even manage a McDonald's.
Who knew that technology allows for people to work remotely? :dunno:

I would consider it an improvement if America had paid family leave like every other 1st world country.
Why do you think employers should pay someone to stay home exactly? Especially two gay guys who obviously didn't give birth?

That's not how it works ya tool. I have NEVER seen a contract or employment document that stipulates pay increases based on the economy or inflation. EVER and I did government contract work for 15 years so if they don't do it (as they do a lot of stupid shit like prevailing wage) no one does it.
Who knew there could be cost of living increases? :dunno:

The guy is in charge of the Transportation Department, and we are facing the worst transportation crisis in 40 years, and the guy takes off two months while the country goes even further to shit? This just proves the Dems think of a job as a “eh” type of thing, as in totally unnecessary.

I hope we can return to the days where people who worked were respected.

Given the historic mess that Transportation is right now, do you think Buttigeau is working or just that fucking incompetent?
I guarantee he’s in back to back meetings for a good chunk of the day. How can we be this far into covid and people still not understand working remotely?

The guy is in charge of the Transportation Department, and we are facing the worst transportation crisis in 40 years, and the guy takes off two months while the country goes even further to shit? This just proves the Dems think of a job as a “eh” type of thing, as in totally unnecessary.

I hope we can return to the days where people who worked were respected.
There is no unemployment under Capitalism, only underpayment.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

There is no unemployment under Capitalism, only underpayment.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.
No clue what the increase in CEO pay has to do with the fact that Pete shirked his job duties and let a major transportation catastrophe get worse by the day.

I guarantee he’s in back to back meetings for a good chunk of the day. How can we be this far into covid and people still not understand working remotely?
Then the question two posts up has been answered. He’s incompetent. Really, you’re going to brag that he’s working remotely? That almost makes it worse!

This is what happens when you hire a totally unqualified person simo,y because he’s gay, and the Dems wanted to get a gay on the Cabinet. If he were straight, he’d never have been selected for that job. He made a mess of South Bend, a tiny town, and THAT qualified him for Sec of Tranportation?

No clue what the increase in CEO pay has to do with the fact that Pete shirked his job duties and let a major transportation catastrophe get worse by the day.
The lack of market based metrics so that employers would not expect previous market based status quo instead of current arbitrage, to automate for the bottom line so that pandemics are less of a factor in the future.

The lack of market based metrics so that employers would not expect previous market based status quo instead of current arbitrage, to automate for the bottom line so that pandemics are less of a factor in the future.
So you’re saying we should automate more? All that means is that we’d have more low-skilled workers on the government dole. That’s not a solution at all.

So you’re saying we should automate more? All that means is that we’d have more low-skilled workers on the government dole. That’s not a solution at all.
Only if you ignore economics. It is why equal protection of the laws matter, especially for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States. Labor should be able to obtain unemployment compensation in an at-will employment State simply for being unemployed.

Only if you ignore economics. It is why equal protection of the laws matter, especially for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States. Labor should be able to obtain unemployment compensation in an at-will employment State simply for being unemployed.
You’re ignoring that the government is handing out so many freebies that in many instances a job becomes unnecessary. IOW, the government handouts are impacting the law of economics. I know someone who quit her part-time job because she is now “paid,“ by taxpayers, more than $1000 a month for her four kids.

Then the question two posts up has been answered. He’s incompetent. Really, you’re going to brag that he’s working remotely? That almost makes it worse!

This is what happens when you hire a totally unqualified person simo,y because he’s gay, and the Dems wanted to get a gay on the Cabinet. If he were straight, he’d never have been selected for that job. He made a mess of South Bend, a tiny town, and THAT qualified him for Sec of Tranportation?
How does receiving updates and giving guidance over an online meeting make things worse than doing it in person?
You do realize that a significant portion of white collar work is now conducted this way, don’t you?

You’re ignoring that the government is handing out so many freebies that in many instances a job becomes unnecessary. IOW, the government handouts are impacting the law of economics. I know someone who quit her part-time job because she is now “paid,“ by taxpayers, more than $1000 a month for her four kids.
So what. It means capitalists should be asking for tax breaks to automate for their bottom line.

The unemployment supplement expired some time ago.

The unemployment supplement expired some time ago.
I’m talking about the government child support checks. The woman I know gets $300 a month for her three young ones, and $250 a month for the kid over 6. That’s $1150 a month. With that money coming in every month, she decided to quit her part-time job which paid her $1200 a month.

So what. It means capitalists should be asking for tax breaks to automate for their bottom line.
So what?? So what if the government moves more and more people onto welfare?

This country is in big trouble largely because liberals see nothing desirable about people working and supporting themselves. Just give everyone UBI!

Forum List

Back