Should OU chants call for condemnation or corrections?

How would you address OU students responsible for offensive racist chants?

• Expulsion only

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Expulsion unless they agree to community service chosen by students

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Require public apology and community service

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Let fellow students and peers work out corrections and restitution agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comparing the Klan with today's party politics of either party cheapens your discourse, Emily. Please grow up.

Where did I say anything like that?

What I'm talking about is the idea of PRESERVING HISTORY.
The idea of using Freedmen's Town as a central district for
Black churches and leaders to own their own banking system
and teach skills in managing government and school administration,
so people can incorporate and manage their own cities.

Both the Klan and other Black power groups believe in uniting by race.

BTW the leaders of the NAACP and Klan meet once a year,
so it's not impossible to address these common issues of how to preserve
our national history, regardless which culture you are focused on.

JakeStarkey if I was going to make a parallel with how the parties are used today,
it is to segregate the rich blaming the poor from the poor blaming the rich.
It is to divide the nation as field slaves versus house slaves, to keep them divided and enslaved.

It's not based on race, but based on class. and the parties are abused to reinforce that fear
so people are too afraid to work together to support collaborative solutions where we can all get what we want.

Instead, the poverty mentality, the SCARCITY mentality is promoted
where you have to vote and give your money to one party to protect you from the other.

This is especially sad, because it is used to divide the Liberal from Conservative Black leaders from uniting,
and demonize the Christian community so that people depend on party for politicians to take advantage and take control.

House slaves versus Field slaves

That's what I would compare to Party politics!

Racist Fraternity Chant Leader Is Dallas Native OU Expels Two Students Involved CBS Dallas Fort Worth

I was reading stories that two students were expelled for the racist chants at OU,
and a top recruit for football has rejected plans to play for that program.

Is this the most constructive way to respond?
If you were in charge of these Frats or University programs, would you require the students to perform community service as restitution helping the communities they offended?

What do you think is the best way to address or correct this problem?
Expulsion. Community service wont put a dent into the racism these thugs were indoctrinated with from their parents.

Hi Asclepias Why not both?

OU frat bro Parker Rice unmasked as racist songster in video - NY Daily News

Turns out the head of the group leading the chant is a Jesuit graduate from Dallas, so I am thinking to contact
their school and ask to set up a community service internship project in Freedmen'sTown for the students and SAE chapter.

(to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"
but changed to "you can hang 'em from a tree, but they'll never hang with me, there will never be a N-word SAE")

Dallas high school tweets response to graduate s alleged involvement in racist video Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

This makes me cry.

I've been called a racist also for focusing on the campus plans of two Black communities trying to save their school districts.
I've written and sung very mean parodies spoofing the ugly politics destroying these districts, including national history.

A black chef might lose his job because of the racist Oklahoma frat chant but the internet is trying to help - Houston Chronicle

^ Black Chef lost his job due to racist chants that expelled the Fraternity at OU ^

Email to Gladys House:

Can we lobby the SAE fraternity that shut down due to racist chants at OU,
and ask to create a campus job for them to save the Vet housing plans?

The Black Chef for the expelled chapter lost his job.

I have 10K in the bank toward that project [under the National Freedmen's Town District, LLC]

Can Minister Pervis Hall organize and use that LLC
to invite the expelled students and chapter here to FT
to help you with the Vet housing and music studio project?

I know some people who are interested but want to know what
celebrities you want to work with to promote the studio.

Can I give them your number to invite them to a meeting of FT alumni on this?
There is no way they are going to do community service if they are going to get expelled anyway. Looks like the chef will be good for a couple of months with the money they are raising for him.

1. Expulsion from that school means they can come set up a chapter in Freedmen's Town.
One loss may offer another gain.
2. why just donate money short term, why not create a full time job for him doing what he loves?
The Vet Housing plans of Gladys House call for an onsite chef to provide meals to the Veterans living there.
Freedmen s Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

What's wrong with proposing a community service project helping to save national history in church settlement built by Freed Slaves? The campus plans were based on a national registered historic site that is a Civil Rights landmark.
What could be more appropriate?

Oh, wait. Is that embarrassing to propose as a community service project?

That a national Black historic church district destroyed by Black politics and Democrats "ask help from white racist students" to fulfill restoration plans that the Democrats censored and destroyed by reallocating the funds?
Giving taxmoney to plans of wealthy corporate developer interests in order to keep their offices?

Is that the problem? That it would expose Black Democrats for destroying Freed Slave history using taxpayer money?

Maybe I should ask the Klan to join in this community service project, to create paid internships for students to help
fix the damage done by Democrats to their own constituents' plans for preserving Freed Slave history and Civil Rights landmarks. And see which groups come forward to help, and which want to blame racism on someone else.

Hmmmm....
What makes you think they are going to do something for Freedmen's Town if they dont like Blacks anyway?

For one we dont know if he loves being a chef and for two he may not want to move but find employment in the same city.

Proposing a community service project for racists to assist doing anything for Blacks helps no one.

OK Asclepias, let's add that to the 10 million dollar bet.

I bet that ASKING for restitution to outcry over racism
by investing in the Freedmen's Town campus plans
will do more to solve the problems of race and class
than just condemnation back and forth which fixes nothing.

Nobody has to say yes or no. But just ASKING publicly will do more to raise awareness
that the problems are political about class. As FT will show that Black Democrats are just as destructive.

These two students did not destroy an entire historic district of Freed Slave churches, gravesites
and Civil Rights landmarks. Democrats did that.

So why are you yelling for them to be condemned and not saying anything about the people who
abused taxpayer money to destroy Freedmen's Town? Millions of dollars to destroy irreplaceable history,
including Black churches burned down or torn down.

Nobody dares to say a word.
But everyone goes after two students leading a racist chant on campus, abusing their free speech to offend others. Wow.

These two students did not destroy an entire historic district of Freed Slave churches, gravesites

Oh, nonsense. You have a decent OP and you go off on nonsense tangents. I support you were I can, but this is nonsense. So I will refrain from posting until you come back to the OP.

Oh, nonsense. You have a decent OP and you go off on nonsense tangents. I support you were I can, but this is nonsense. So I will refrain from posting until you come back to the OP.

Hi JakeStarkey
I was just trying to figure out why Asclepias has to frame this as either / or
What's wrong with asking and offering restitution?

And yes, I do believe there is something very strange going on with
why some groups are excused and forgiven for denying equal protection and inclusion to Blacks,
while all the blame is projected onto other people. like OVERCOMPENSATION
to symbolize standing up for something.

But nothing is being done to save Black history.
I've been trying to figure this out for years.

Is it a MALE issue, that men just want to punish each other to make a statement
but don't want to clean up the messes that they want to blame on other groups?

Is it a TERRITORIAL issue?

Just so weird that people want to complain about problems
and here, I've found a solution and try to promote that, and no,
people just want to blame racism on convenient targets but not do anything?

Anonymous also wanted to see unity around reclaiming ownership,
and I offered to connect him with the Freedmen's Town leaders. And nothing.
No thanks.

Why? it's very strange. Here's the ideal site for a historic Black district to be
restored as a campus, and everyone wants to blame some other group and stop there?

Maybe it's a male thing. Once men make a statement or have their image
or mind invested in something, they can't change it. So they have to attack and destroy?

The solution is always to kick people out. Tear or close something down.
Beat someone up. Clobber or execute someone.

When it comes to restitution and investing in rebuilding, where is the support?
For actual corrections and doing something meaningful and sustainable?

Nothing...One has a right to say "offensive words". If not then this isn't a free country any longer.

You think the black frats don't have blacks chanting racist crap?
If you said offensive words at our place of work, I would have had you fired immediately.

Say it in the classroom, get expelled.

Say it in the armed forces, get an Article 15 or worse.

Say it at the mall, get clocked and rocked.

Say it in the park, talk to Mr. Policeman; say it to Mr. Policeman, get a free ride not home.
Mr. Policeman enforces the law of the government. Are you against free speech?

Nothing...One has a right to say "offensive words". If not then this isn't a free country any longer.

If you said offensive words at our place of work, I would have had you fired immediately.

Say it in the classroom, get expelled.

Say it in the armed forces, get an Article 15 or worse.

Say it at the mall, get clocked and rocked.

Say it in the park, talk to Mr. Policeman; say it to Mr. Policeman, get a free ride not home.
Mr. Policeman enforces the law of the government. Are you against free speech?

Yo, Government don`t even carry out the LAW? Illegals come to mind?

"GTP"

Matthew I agree that since free speech was involved, not physical damage,
this is something that can be repaired where damage was done to university relations.

The University has policies against activities that create a hostile environment.

I agree with Asclepias there are CONSEQUENCES for how we use our free speech and free exercise.

What I don't understand is why there can't be efforts to invest in repairing the harmed relations.
I understand the University and SAE needs to show absolutely they don't encourage or enable hate speech targeting race.

But at what point can corrections be made so people do accept responsibility,
that's not being ignored, while also encouraging community building and restoration.

By rebuilding relations that is what stops racial division.
This seems to avoid addressing the real issue.
If you keep punishing and reinforcing separation, that keeps the racist fears and rejection going.
it is just feeding more of the same.

The opposite of racist rejection is INCLUSION. So where is that?

Forum List

Back