Should Glass Steagal law be reinstated?

. Weird we elect guys like Dubya and Reagan (S&L) who don't 'believe in' Gov't, then are shocked when they ignore regulator warnings and as the executive in charge of regulators, are shocked shit happens under them

too stupid by 1000%!!!! FDR, USSR, Red China, East Germany regulated like crazy and it didn't work but dumbto3 wants to keep trying when the USA is the least regulated and most successful.

You really are too stupid to engage in any debate or discussion. Find a new hobby, something in which you might have some competence, and never ever call anyone stupid.

Got it, you don't like that I called out both Reagan and Bush for ignoring regulator warnings and causing the largest Bankster crashes since Harding/Coolidge's of the 1920's! Gotta love how the GOPers allow the Bankster to run wild, lol

dear it was a liberal housing bubble caused when Feds printed the money to create the bubble to stimulate the economy.

Isn't thinking fun?

Oooh then I guess Bernie Madoff is just a product of our imagination. Hey , great news.

dear, can you tell us how on earth Bernie Madoff relates to this conversation?

too stupid by 1000%!!!! FDR, USSR, Red China, East Germany regulated like crazy and it didn't work but dumbto3 wants to keep trying when the USA is the least regulated and most successful.

You really are too stupid to engage in any debate or discussion. Find a new hobby, something in which you might have some competence, and never ever call anyone stupid.

Got it, you don't like that I called out both Reagan and Bush for ignoring regulator warnings and causing the largest Bankster crashes since Harding/Coolidge's of the 1920's! Gotta love how the GOPers allow the Bankster to run wild, lol

dear it was a liberal housing bubble caused when Feds printed the money to create the bubble to stimulate the economy.

Isn't thinking fun?

Oooh then I guess Bernie Madoff is just a product of our imagination. Hey , great news.

Unregulated financial instruments converted into a gigantic Ponzi scheme... that's what Madoff made ... and it is strikingly similar to what the big banksters are doing right now... else , the current bill would be unnecesary. Did you take any time to read the NYT article I posted?

. Weird we elect guys like Dubya and Reagan (S&L) who don't 'believe in' Gov't, then are shocked when they ignore regulator warnings and as the executive in charge of regulators, are shocked shit happens under them

Isn't thinking fun?

Simple thinking is, critically thinking takes some mental exercise. Try it sometime.

Unregulated financial instruments converted into a gigantic Ponzi scheme... that's what Madoff made ... and it is strikingly similar to what the big banksters are doing right now.

dear, Bernie Madoff lied to those who invested with him. That is illegal. Please tell me one banker who is lying,to whom he is lying, and about what. Thank you.

Isn't thinking fun?

Simple thinking is, critically thinking takes some mental exercise. Try it sometime.

Isn't thinking fun?

Unregulated financial instruments converted into a gigantic Ponzi scheme... that's what Madoff made ... and it is strikingly similar to what the big banksters are doing right now.

dear, Bernie Madoff lied to those who invested with him. That is illegal. Please tell me one banker who is lying,to whom he is lying, and about what. Thank you.

1) They practiced predatory lending.

2) The rating agencies overrated the packages as AAA investments when they were clearly subprime mortgages.

Maybe not a direct lie, more like tweaking the truth.
I fail to see why you put all the blame in the Fed and absolve the banks when there is a clear business malpractice. Who in his sane judgement would lend a sizeable amount of money to a NiNJA ?

Last edited:

Isn't thinking fun?

Isn't thinking fun?

"Isn't thinking fun?"

YOU should try it sometime Bubba

Jun 16, 2005 - The worldwide rise in house prices is the biggest bubble in history.

The global housing boom In come the waves The Economist

. Without Gov't regulators, the shysters will ALWAYS come out of the wood work, .

exactly what they thought in the soviet union! Liberals beleive in magical regulators like children believe in Santa Claus. Its 100% ignorance.

Capitalism works best because the people regulate 10,000 companies out of existence every month when they don't have the best price and quality in the entire world! A liberal simply lacks the IQ to understand capitalism.

Nikola-Tesla-Paris-Hilton-economics-capitalism-meme.png

1) They practiced predatory lending.

2) The rating agencies overrated the packages as AAA investments when they were clearly subprime mortgages.

Maybe not a direct lie, more like tweaking the truth.

The FBI correctly identified the epidemic of mortgage control fraud at such an early point that the financial crisis could have been averted had the Bush administration acted with even minimal competence. To understand the crisis we have to focus on how the mortgage fraud epidemic produced widespread accounting fraud.

The Two Documents Everyone Should Read to Better Understand the Crisis William K. Black

The FBI correctly identified the epidemic of mortgage control fraud at such an early point that the financial crisis could have been averted had the Bush administration acted with even minimal competence. To understand the crisis we have to focus on how the mortgage fraud epidemic produced widespread accounting fraud.

Don't ask; don't tell: book profits, "earn" bonuses and closet your losses

The first document everyone should read is by S&P, the largest of the rating agencies. The context of the document is that a professional credit rater has told his superiors that he needs to examine the mortgage loan files to evaluate the risk of a complex financial derivative whose risk and market value depend on the credit quality of the nonprime mortgages "underlying" the derivative. A senior manager sends a blistering reply with this forceful punctuation:

Any request for loan level tapes is TOTALLY UNREASONABLE!!! Most investors don't have it and can't provide it. [W]e MUST produce a credit estimate. It is your responsibility to provide those credit estimates and your responsibility to devise some method for doing so.

Fraud is the principal credit risk of nonprime mortgage lending. It is impossible to detect fraud without reviewing a sample of the loan files. Paper loan files are bulky, so they are photographed and the images are stored on computer tapes. Unfortunately, "most investors" (the large commercial and investment banks that purchased nonprime loans and pooled them to create financial derivatives) did not review the loan files before purchasing nonprime loans and did not even require the lender to provide loan tapes.

The rating agencies never reviewed samples of loan files before giving AAA ratings to nonprime mortgage financial derivatives.
The Two Documents Everyone Should Read to Better Understand the Crisis William K. Black

Isn't thinking fun?

bumper-sticker-terrorists2.jpg

Isn't thinking fun?

bumper-sticker-terrorists2.jpg

oh good dumbto3 is back posting cartoons in big letters to win arguments! See why we are positive a liberal will be slow? Hey lets all argue with colorful cartoons in big letters!!

Forum List

Back