Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
You're just reiterating my point. YOU think they are wrong, but they KNEW they were right.

And there are people who think you take the bible out of context when you use that passage, unrelated to consenting adults who love each other, and apply it to today's gays and lesbians.

Time to revisit Jude 1 of the New Testament:

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Remember that EVERYONE in Sodom, gay and gay-enabling straights were sent to the eternal pit of fire for the MORTAL SIN of enabling the spread of a homosexual culture that destroys God's man/woman Construct.

I do not believe that stupid shit.

You're just reiterating my point. YOU think they are wrong, but they KNEW they were right.

And there are people who think you take the bible out of context when you use that passage, unrelated to consenting adults who love each other, and apply it to today's gays and lesbians.

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Remember that EVERYONE in Sodom, gay and gay-enabling straights were sent to the eternal pit of fire for the MORTAL SIN of enabling the spread of a homosexual culture that destroys God's man/woman Construct.

Well christians and others DO. Hobby Lobby says your/that opinion is now legally defunct.

Well christians and others DO. Hobby Lobby says your/that opinion is now legally defunct.

I am Christian and this is what Genesis says about the details of of the encounter at Sodom at 18:16 - 19 : 29 are that Lot was violating the laws of Sodom by entertaining unknown guests within the walls at night without obtaining permission from the city elders. When the men of Sodom gathered around the strangers be brought out to them "that they might know them" then meant NO more than to KNOW who they were and the city was subsequently destroyed not for the sin of sexual immorality but for the sin of inhospitality to strangers, a sin in most all ancient religions including Muslim recognize. The men wanted to interrogate Lot's guests to see if they were spies.
But a student of the Bible looks further, far further into the New Testament as Jesus never said a bad word about homosexuals YET ALWAYS condemns those who turn their backs on strangers and the most vulnerable citizens among us.
Jesus says straight up that WHOEVER FAILS to welcome such people HAVE FAILED TO WELCOME HIM.
Time for you to learn what a Christian really is, someone that follows JESUS, not someone that holds up an old book that has old Jewish laws and customs in it.

Last edited:

I am Christian and this is what Genesis says about the details of of the encounter at Sodom at 18:16 - 19 : 29 are that Lot was violating the laws of Sodom by entertaining unknown guests within the walls at night without obtaining permission from the city elders. When the men of Sodom gathered around the strangers be brought out to them "that they might know them" then meant NO more than to KNOW who they were and the city was subsequently destroyed not for the sin of sexual immorality but for the sin of inhospitality to strangers, a sin in most all ancient religions including Muslim recognize. The men wanted to interrogate Lot's guests to see if they were spies.
But a student of the Bible looks further, far further into the New Testament as Jesus never said a bad word about homosexuals YET ALWAYS condemns those who turn their backs on strangers and the most vulnerable citizens among us.
Jesus says straight up that WHOEVER FAILS to welcome such people HAVE FAILED TO WELCOME HIM.
Time for you to learn what a Christian really is, someone that follows JESUS, not someone that holds up an old book that has old Jewish laws and customs in it.

Christians follow the New Testament and only refer to the Old Testament as more or less of an antiquated history book. You may have heard that Jesus was the messiah set to correct some of the older jewish laws by his new message. Jude was a personal servant to Jesus and went everywhere with him. Jude is a book of the New Testament. Genesis is the first book of the Old Testament. Jude's passages are right from first hand contact with Jesus. His testament is pretty much as direct as you can get to the words of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

The prior poster (Seawytch) was making statement regarding what is written about in the Bible.

If the prior poster did not believe in what is in the Bible, why were they referring to the Bible?

Because when you refer to the Bible, that implies that you believe what the Bible says. Why refer to something you don't believe? That is illogical and stupid.

Crazy person: "I don't believe in the Necronomicon, but in it, it says..."

When a poster start referring to what is in the Bible, people who believe the Bible are going to start quoting it.

If you don't like that.... TOUGH. We don't give a crap what you like or don't. Have we not made this clear?

You people on the gay side, if you don't want us quoting the Bible, then don't bring it up. Seawytch brought it up, and someone started quoting it.

Whose fault is it for bring it up? Not ours.

I'm not going to start quoting the Bible at people unless they want me to. But if someone else here, hears you people butchering the Bible to fit your stupidity, don't be surprised when someone smacks you in the face with verses from the Bible. Again, you don't like it TOUGH. We don't care what you think.

Homo: The bible doesn't say blaw blaw blaw.....

Christian: Well... actually verse x and y and z say this and that!

Homo: GAH!!! We don't believe the Bible!!!

Hello? If you don't want to hear it.... stop talking about it. Is this 5th grade all over again?

And by the way.... don't ask us why we believe the things we do either.... because the reason we believe what we believe.... is because of the Bible. And you people know this.

Homo: "I want to know why you believe X, and I already know it's because of the Bible, but I don't want to hear about the Bible.... so answer?"

Christian: "Well the Bible says...."

Homo: GAHHHHHHH!!!

That's dumb. If you know why we believe what we believe..... but don't want to hear it.... don't ask!

When you see my on other threads talking about whatever, do I spontaneously break out in " oh and by the way the, the Bible says".... No, maybe once in a thousand posts.... but generally no. I don't go around beating people on the head with the Bible.

But if you ask me... yeah I'm going to tell you why I believe what I do. That's how that works. Welcome to civilized discussion. If you don't want to hear it.... dur..... no one forced you to come to this forum, or this particular thread. This is like yelling at the radio, and calling the station that you don't want hear the program.... dur... change the channel Einstein.

2,000 years later, internet poster Gadawg finds his own personalized version of the Bible, that no one anywhere has ever seen before, and proclaims everything the Jews, and the Church has taught for centuries is all wrong.

Yeah.... Thanks, but your input on what my Bible says is no longer, or ever was, required.

Read it again.. this time in context. The next sentence explains it, when he says take my virgin daughters instead. It was about sex not getting to know them in the familiar sense.

I can speak about the Bible as a former christian or a secular historian. It's a free country. I'm just advocating for the christians whose voices are being drowned out by the deviant sex cult that's trying to eradicate their faith by increments.

About Sodom, and the people who dwelt there. Well.
Genesis 19:5 and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

That seems pretty clear cut to me.

The prior poster (Seawytch) was making statement regarding what is written about in the Bible.

If the prior poster did not believe in what is in the Bible, why were they referring to the Bible?

Because when you refer to the Bible, that implies that you believe what the Bible says. Why refer to something you don't believe? That is illogical and stupid.

When a poster start referring to what is in the Bible, people who believe the Bible are going to start quoting it.

If you don't like that.... TOUGH. We don't give a crap what you like or don't. Have we not made this clear?

You people on the gay side, if you don't want us quoting the Bible, then don't bring it up. Seawytch brought it up, and someone started quoting it.

I'm not going to start quoting the Bible at people unless they want me to. But if someone else here, hears you people butchering the Bible to fit your stupidity, don't be surprised when someone smacks you in the face with verses from the Bible. Again, you don't like it TOUGH. We don't care what you think.

Hello? If you don't want to hear it.... stop talking about it. Is this 5th grade all over again?

And by the way.... don't ask us why we believe the things we do either.... because the reason we believe what we believe.... is because of the Bible. And you people know this.

Homo: "I want to know why you believe X, and I already know it's because of the Bible, but I don't want to hear about the Bible.... so answer?"

That's dumb. If you know why we believe what we believe..... but don't want to hear it.... don't ask!

When you see my on other threads talking about whatever, do I spontaneously break out in " oh and by the way the, the Bible says".... No, maybe once in a thousand posts.... but generally no. I don't go around beating people on the head with the Bible.

But if you ask me... yeah I'm going to tell you why I believe what I do. That's how that works. Welcome to civilized discussion. If you don't want to hear it.... dur..... no one forced you to come to this forum, or this particular thread. This is like yelling at the radio, and calling the station that you don't want hear the program.... dur... change the channel Einstein.

I believe in reading the Bible, not stupid shit ignorant people claim is in it.
I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, not old Jewish law written by crazy fuckers wandering around in the desert.
Something about Love thy neighbor, do unto others and do not judge.

I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, not old Jewish law written by crazy fuckers wandering around in the desert.

Right. I believe that too, which is why I don't give crap what you think the Bible says. I can read it myself too, and see that you don't know what you are talking about.

Dawg, people using the bible to justify their bigotry is as old as the book itself. What's amusing is that the bigots using it today are no different than the bigots that used it to justify slavery, segregation and anti-miscegenation...but they think they are.

OK we have some homosexuals that post here.

Take a poll of them:

How many of you gay folk support forcing churches to marry gay folks?

Right. I believe that too, which is why I don't give crap what you think the Bible says. I can read it myself too, and see that you don't know what you are talking about.

You do "give crap" what I think because you posted back.
Who u trying to shit?

OK we have some homosexuals that post here.

Take a poll of them:

How many of you gay folk support forcing churches to marry gay folks?

By the government, no. By loved ones attending church, yes.

And the devout of Utah? Do you also not support the government forcing gay marriage on them as well...you know, the 2/3rds who voted to define marriage as between a man and a woman?

And the devout of Utah? Do you also not support the government forcing gay marriage on them as well...you know, the 2/3rds who voted to define marriage as between a man and a woman?

I'm 100% against the government forcing any individual into a same-sex civil marriage.

Of course, I'm also 100% against the government forcing any individual into a different-sex marriage.

I stand firmly on the position that all participation in Civil Marriage should be voluntary.

>>>>

I'm 100% against the government forcing any individual into a same-sex civil marriage.

Of course, I'm also 100% against the government forcing any individual into a different-sex marriage.

I stand firmly on the position that all participation in Civil Marriage should be voluntary.

>>>>

Well I just heard of an adult son who wanted to volunteer to marry his mother. By your yardstick we should recognize that.

No, you're not going to rip away the definition of a longstanding iconic foundation of our democratic society, the hub of all governments because the family is the nucleus of all outward communities. The majority gets to rule on marriage with the only exception being the 14th.

And the 14th doesn't apply to a limited or incomplete group of sexually deviant behaviors outside 1 man/1 woman not related by blood or family. So, states get to decide. I'm pretty certain, around 90% certain, that this will be the same or simliar language used in the Final Ruling on gay marriage vs state's rights to define marriage. And the reason I'm that certain is because I've read Windsor.

And the 14th doesn't apply to a limited or incomplete group of sexually deviant behaviors outside 1 man/1 woman not related by blood or family. So, states get to decide.

Lawrence v. Texas and Romer v. Evens prove you wrong.

Both are cases in which the 14th Amendment were applied to homosexuals.

I'm pretty certain, around 90% certain, that this will be the same or simliar language used in the Final Ruling on gay marriage vs state's rights to define marriage. And the reason I'm that certain is because I've read Windsor.

#1 SHRUG - we won't know for certain until probably next June.

#2 You haven't demonstrated that you comprehend what Windsor says. You take snippets of stare decis out of context and try to say that Windsor says SSCM is only legal in 3-states because SSCM was achived at the ballot box. That is factually wrong for a couple of reasons:

A. The majority opinion points out the decision is about federal law and not whether States can say "No".

B. The Chief Justice of the SCOTUS points out in his writings that Windsor does not asnwer the question about if it is legal for States to discriminate against homosexuals (without a compelling government interest)

C. The opinion itself shows that (at the time the opinion was written) there were 12 States + DC with legal SSCM. Some through court action, some though legislation, and some at the ballot box.

D. Finally, under your logic the Windsor decision makes no sense. Under your premise New York didn't have SSCM since it wasn't voted on so how could the court have ruled on Windsor if Ms. Windsor wasn't married to begin with. Makes no sense.​

>>>>

Forum List

Back